what was the hate for jigga that ni66a on the blueprint?

dat_bk_nicca
dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Reason

this was one of my fav joints on the blueprint wen it came out, i remember ? was saying this was the song that held blueprint from being a classic, nice club joint

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    It was so different from the rest of the album. Any non Ye/Just/Bink track caught a lot of hate, cept Renegade. And it seems like he made this on the fly, like it was a Dyansty throwaway.
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    one of jays worst songs

it ? up the flow of the album

you have classic song after classic song then this ? ? doesnt mesh well with the cd as a whole
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    A better question would be why is Blueprint still a classic with that song on it (it still is). It Was Written had Nas Is Coming, AEOM had What's Your Number, LAD had ? You Tonight (I ? hate that song). Every classic album has one of those songs where you're like, the ? ?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    This song is a BANGER. Jay Z was flowing crazy all over this song. ? kicked a couple of different flows, nice one liners on this one track alone. The chorus is dope. 3 verses of fire. You can tell he was having fun and comfortable on this song. If Jay Z was this loose lyrically on takeover maybe he would of defeated Nas. My favorite line is when he say "Hov back up in this ? like whoa/Jigga get this whole ? jumping like 64s"
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I always like the joint in regards to a party, ? was tough and you couild let it rock in the car
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    This song is a BANGER. Jay Z was flowing crazy all over this song. ? kicked a couple of different flows, nice one liners on this one track alone. The chorus is dope. 3 verses of fire. You can tell he was having fun and comfortable on this song. If Jay Z was this loose lyrically on takeover maybe he would of defeated Nas. My favorite line is when he say "Hov back up in this ? like whoa/Jigga get this whole ? jumping like 64s"

Hacked????
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Hacked????

nah i really like this song. I dont understand how jigga warriors ? on this song, Sunshine, Girls Best Friend and Change Clothes. Those are easily Top 5 Jay Z tracks. If Jay Z could be a party rapper he would make some great music because when he do the club joints he is usually money. When he do these fake lyrical, self ? , awkward hustling tracks it cheapens him as a MC
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Hacked????

no Tomp is a true Jay fan... so when Jay ? up, he's gonna let you know
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    D-Jack wrote: »
    ? is worse than ? 'Off that'.
    whoa...stop it slime...and yall cant sense Tomp is ? around? saying those are top 5 Jay songs smh hes a troll dont take anything he says serious...yea this song is alright but jus didnt fit the album
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    If you gonna make a club banger tho this would be the one to make. I didn't understand what people had against it either. It was better than ' give it to me' from the dynasty album to me
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I always thought the song was dope.........
  • dan_the_man.com
    dan_the_man.com Members Posts: 701
    edited September 2011
    bcuz by that time trackmaster's beat had become stale & redundant..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Hov'! And so I breeze through, jean thats evisu
    She's respondin, top of C. Bronson

that was actually my ? .... man time is flying that ? dropped a decade ago ya !
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    it was out of place, i still like it