Wrestling today

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
I was just watching old school wrestling clips up on youtube and it pretty much made me sad and upset at the same time. So my question is to my wrestling heads on the ill comm. Are we in an era where wrestling is extinct and are we also in an era where we are afraid to tell our peers that we love pro wrestling?

Comments

• TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no its not extinct. and ? whatcha heard, i'll tell anybody how much i love wrestling
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i watch it, but I don't LOVE it.......anymore

i guess i'm just desensitized to what i see because i think wrestling has hit it's apex and it's on a very slow decline. All we can see now are dudes doing acrobatic stunts; flips and cartwheels off ladders every once in a while. The days of the believable gimmick is over, the ? /extreme era is over. All that's left is to get people's attention with a gimmick match and a skewered stipulation, and a storyline that will grab people's attention.

But we'll never see semi-believable storylines like Randy/Elizabeth/Flair, Hogan getting his ribs crushed by the fat man of the month, Papa Shango casting spells on people, etc. The old NWA was the closest to straight wrestling competition that we had back in the 80s, and I think TNA should follow that model. Though it wasn't the most popular then, it was different, had it's own fanbase, and if you look back on it, it was the ? .
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wrestling is like rap music . . . . . . .
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    new wwe is trash
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wrestling is like rap music . . . . . . .

yep...

i remember back in the days when ecw was on and cracking....my eyes went out my sockets seeing dudes beating the ? out of each other with frying pans and garbage cans...plus the fueds were epic as all hell...tommy dreamer vs raven has got to be one of the best fueds in professional wrestling...hell wcw and wwe were on fire during then too...it was like a perfect time to be a fan...now the hunger, the passion, the griminess, and dedication is gone....all that ? is now in MMA which is kinda meh to me....its a damn shame of how wrestling change over the years...the last time wrestling was epic was 2006...now its all about gimmicks, shenanigans, storyline necrophilia, and pg ?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    new wwe is trash

word, when it first started gettin bad, i still watched it and wcw die hard in hopes in would improve...missin a monday night used to upset a ? , but now i couldnt care less...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yep...

i remember back in the days when ecw was on and cracking....my eyes went out my sockets seeing dudes beating the ? out of each other with frying pans and garbage cans...plus the fueds were epic as all hell...tommy dreamer vs raven has got to be one of the best fueds in professional wrestling...hell wcw and wwe were on fire during then too...it was like a perfect time to be a fan...now the hunger, the passion, the griminess, and dedication is gone....all that ? is now in MMA which is kinda meh to me....its a damn shame of how wrestling change over the years...the last time wrestling was epic was 2006...now its all about gimmicks, shenanigans, storyline necrophilia, and pg ?

total c/s, matter fact ecw is prolly the reason i grew to love wrestlin as much as i did...