So this Lauryn Hill vs. Jean Grae debate is STILL an interesting one...

12346»

Comments

• ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Lauryn is waay better and it's not close. Even lyrically, flow, delivery, everything. Jean ain't ? with her. Jean is better than most girls technically, but she's nowhere near the legends like Lauryn Hill and Queen Latifah. Jean is like the grl version of Talib, except she's worse in everything, especially delivery and style(she sounds like eminem sometimes and that's HORRIBLE).

And lol at some dude comparing Joe and Nas. Joe Budden sucks at everything and in his prime could only do puchlines well. His songs suck. Saying Jean to Lauryn is like Joe to Nas is hating.......on Jean. Joe Budden to Nas is like Derek Fisher to Kobe in basketball

687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif
    Sigh, i guess ignorance is bliss...
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    genstasia wrote: »
    Jean Grae better MC but not by as much as ppl want to make it out to be. Since Jean's technique is her strongest Attribute it kinda gets overrated because Lauryn wasnt no slouch either but since Lauryn can also Sing her ass off i think her Rapping gets downplayed in this scenario.

But Jean's delivery, voice and Flow is not ? with Lauryns on any level.

So Lauryn is OVERALL better than Jean IMHO.

that's a pretty good breakdown
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    genstasia wrote: »
    Jean Grae better MC but not by as much as ppl want to make it out to be. Since Jean's technique is her strongest Attribute it kinda gets overrated because Lauryn wasnt no slouch either but since Lauryn can also Sing her ass off i think her Rapping gets downplayed in this scenario.

But Jean's delivery, voice and Flow is not ? with Lauryns on any level.

So Lauryn is OVERALL better than Jean IMHO.

close thread