What are ya thoughts on the WWE network?

MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited October 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
Real ? ...it sounds very very interesting to me, and this is coming from a ? that was a die hard wrestling fan and then I stopped watching around 04 and have recently got back into it right after the Miz won the money in the bank.......I might be gettin this when it starts...here's the memo thing that they sent out explaining what it's all about.

Imagine a 24-hour cable network that was run by The WWE. It featured a mix of WWE-made programs, including new shows, repeats of Raw and SmackDown from USA and Syfy and "classic" or "historical" programs featuring shows from different promotions like classic WWE footage, WCW, ECW, NWA, AWA, etc. from years past.
It would have two new weekly WWE live in-ring shows (wrestling), but not SmackDown or Raw.

It would have a daily live in-studio viewer interactive show similar to SportsCenter.

Additionally, this network would include WWE's "classic big 4" pay-per-view events including WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble to the lineup at no additional cost. Rather than having to pay for them, they would now be specials with the same match quality you're used to seeing on pay-per-view for no additional cost. These 4 events would only be available on The WWE Network.

In addition to The WWE Network, you would receive approximately 30 additional channels including NFL Network, NBA TV, Biography Channel, Fox Business Network and Fuel TV.

How interested would you be in upgrading your service for an additional $7-$12 per month to a tier which would include the WWE Network described above?"

Comments

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    sounds dope, i just hope it comes with my cable package, cause if it doesn't, i won't be paying for it
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I already have this additional channels. Do I get it or still have pay? I use to all channels but stopped all the premium movie channels and just kept sho time. I'll have to check into this...
  • MillzOG
    edited October 2011
    yea this definitely works for me ? with Time Warner I don't get NFL network (I guess I gotta pay extra for it) so if I can get this wwe ? and the NFL network to add on to already having NBAtv and MLB network thats cool with me. I'd really love to get like the CBS sports channel so I can get all them extra college games.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    I have all the sports channels already so hopefully this is free.
  • MillzOG
    edited October 2011
    All ya ? gettin ya hopes up thinkin this ? is free.....I highly, HIGHLY doubt it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    What if you have that package already then? I'm paying the extra for it, why would I pay $7-$12 for just one WWE network when it comes as a package for that? It would have to be included, and it's not free, it's just added on to the package in which I'm already paying for.

Right? ? is confusing.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    i know vince gonna have ? pay extra for this
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    sounds dope, i just hope it comes with my cable package, cause if it doesn't, i won't be paying for it

this...

but, i might reconsider..
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I already got maaaaaaaad channels

will this channel come by default or what?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    I have justin.tv. i'm good. Plus i got xtreme torrents. I'm twice as good. i can watch it in 720p and without the WWF logo being hidden or original songs being changed or commentary being changed. ? WWE. Kiss my ass.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I'd consider paying for it...
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited October 2011
    All this network is is you paying for Justin TV When you can watch WWE programming on their for free.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    All this network is is you paying for Justin TV When you can watch WWE programming on their for free.

Yeah but chances are VKM is gonna find a way to shut down Jtv.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited October 2011

True..you can watch ESPN on that ? , but I ain't run to watch that ? on JTV when I can just change to the that channel.

Especially when it's in HD...WWE Network in HD. I'm Sold

I'd pay the money because i know I would be watching the ? all of the time.. The reports look decent and if they have a good network model then it would defiantly work
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    If it's $10-15 a month then you cheap ? should get it. It'll be better if all the PPVs were available. The only problem with me is that I barely watch tv.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited October 2011
    I've had WWE Classics on Demand since it first came to Comcast in 06, I think. That cost $8 a month. They offer plenty of stuff you ain't gon find on Justin.tv I guarantee it. So as long as they keep the On Demand channel and this comes with the sports entertainment package for Comcast (which I already have) it's all good for me.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    I've had WWE Classics on Demand since it first came to Comcast in 06, I think. That cost $8 a month. They offer plenty of stuff you ain't gon find on Justin.tv I guarantee it. So as long as they keep the On Demand channel and this comes with the sports entertainment package for Comcast (which I already have) it's all good for me.

You're half wrong. On justin.tv, you will usually only find whats shown this week and WWF "Attitude era" stuff from 97-02 Invasion. But the truth of the matter is there is more content online then they will ever be allowed to show on a WWE network. Chris Benoit for one... secondly I can find all the shows I want ever from every WWF metal show to every Saturday Night Jakked, Metal, Velocity, Sunday night heat.. even superstars today that they don't show on tv or nxt season 5 that they only show online also... WWF Tuesday Night Titans, NWA/WCW b4 it became WCW in the early 90s , WCW Saturday night main event...

True only the stuff from 07 and after is available in 720p, but I found alot of great DVD rips of late 90s and early 90s WWF ppvs at least and the other quality isn't bad at all. In addition to that, I have found many sets of singular matches such as all the matches from Austin in 2000, or every AJ Styles match from wcw / tna 2001-2003.or evey Brock Lesnar match from 2002-2004. or every HBK or Undertaker match. Every match in a feud. A real nWo dvd with all the major matches and events, that puts the WWE nWo dvd to shame, a real tribute to the macho man with every feud with every match and promo he ever had. Just some amazing ? .

There are tens of thousands of people who already caught onto this. Jtv is already the napster of premium content anyhow. I mean if people want to live in the dark ages thats on you but the knowledge is out there. I guess people feel better about WWE taking money out their pockets. Don't get me wrong I still go to shows to support them but thats as far as it goes for me.

*continues downloading WWF content to my external drive*

p.s. xtremetorrents.. google it.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited October 2011
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    You're half wrong. On justin.tv, you will usually only find whats shown this week and WWF "Attitude era" stuff from 97-02 Invasion. But the truth of the matter is there is more content online then they will ever be allowed to show on a WWE network. Chris Benoit for one... secondly I can find all the shows I want ever from every WWF metal show to every Saturday Night Jakked, Metal, Velocity, Sunday night heat.. even superstars today that they don't show on tv or nxt season 5 that they only show online also... WWF Tuesday Night Titans, NWA/WCW b4 it became WCW in the early 90s , WCW Saturday night main event...

True only the stuff from 07 and after is available in 720p, but I found alot of great DVD rips of late 90s and early 90s WWF ppvs at least and the other quality isn't bad at all. In addition to that, I have found many sets of singular matches such as all the matches from Austin in 2000, or every AJ Styles match from wcw / tna 2001-2003.or evey Brock Lesnar match from 2002-2004. or every HBK or Undertaker match. Every match in a feud. A real nWo dvd with all the major matches and events, that puts the WWE nWo dvd to shame, a real tribute to the macho man with every feud with every match and promo he ever had. Just some amazing ? .

There are tens of thousands of people who already caught onto this. Jtv is already the napster of premium content anyhow. I mean if people want to live in the dark ages thats on you but the knowledge is out there. I guess people feel better about WWE taking money out their pockets. Don't get me wrong I still go to shows to support them but thats as far as it goes for me.

I don't have a problem paying for good entertainment, I still buy movies and music even though I can get them for free. I check out the justin.tv lstuff and some of the stuff on youtube too. I even still have the online version of Classics on Demand. All those options work for me. I don't mess with torrents at all.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

whats good king you already know i ? with that jtv movement