At what point would you introduce your s/o to your child

ImSoReal
ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
edited October 2011 in The Powder Room
ok, lets say you had a kid and was a single parent and start seeing a guy, at what point would you introduce them. Personally if I had a kid I would wait until we decided to get serious and even then I might wait another 2-3 months just to see how things are

I never understood parents who introduce their children to someone they just recently met

Comments

• kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ImSoReal wrote: »
    ok, lets say you had a kid and was a single parent and start seeing a guy, at what point would you introduce them. Personally if I had a kid I would wait until we decided to get serious and even then I might wait another 2-3 months just to see how things are

I never understood parents who introduce their children to someone they just recently met

When it feels right.

My boyfriend met my daughter after a month, but the guy I dated before him never met her and we dated for nearly a year.
  • inlovewithe
    inlovewithe Members Posts: 145
    edited October 2011
    I agree with Kat.. whenever it feels right.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Yeah like kat said, it depends. I usually wait after 3 or 4 months of exclusive dating...
  • ImSoReal
    edited October 2011
    taeboo wrote: »
    Yeah like kat said, it depends. I usually wait after 3 or 4 months of exclusive dating...

yeah 3-4 months seems about right but yeah def. when it feels right
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I hate when girls introduce their kids to me all soon and ? .Its mad pressure..lol.But at the same time I dont like when they try to hide the face that they have kids(never mention them,on facebook no pics or statuses about their kids)...what type of ? is that..?
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    I hate when girls introduce their kids to me all soon and ? .Its mad pressure..lol.But at the same time I dont like when they try to hide the face that they have kids(never mention them,on facebook no pics or statuses about their kids)...what type of ? is that..?

I rarely put a pic up of my son on FB, hell I don't many pics of me on the interwebs. I don't talk about my son that much either when I'm first dating a guy. I don't hide him or anything, but I want a man to get to know me as a person first.
  • Paul Hate.
    edited October 2011
    taeboo wrote: »
    I rarely put a pic up of my son on FB, hell I don't many pics of me on the interwebs. I don't talk about my son that much either when I'm first dating a guy. I don't hide him or anything, but I want a man to get to know me as a person first.

thats cool....But alot of girls(especially the ones under 25) dont ever mention it I think thats whack,its a turnoff.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    When it feels right is the the best answer

I introduced my man to my son after 3 months ... that's actually when I met his son too. We all went on a camping trip together
  • fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited October 2011
    Ladies how do yourkids react after meeting your bf's?
  • kat2180
    edited October 2011
    My bf is the first man she met besides her daddy. We took her to the zoo and they really got along better than expected. She loves him now which is kinda scary to be honest.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    imsoreal wrote: »
    ok, lets say you had a kid and was a single parent and start seeing a guy, at what point would you introduce them. Personally if i had a kid i would wait until we decided to get serious and even then i might wait another 2-3 months just to see how things are

i never understood parents who introduce their children to someone they just recently met

isnt it kinda hard to not intro your kid to the person ur dating from the very jump?.. Like both of yall working during the day, so yall would most see

each other at night and if yall only seeing each other at night, u know whats on the guys mind cause 9 times outta 10, the guy is gone have 2 come over the females house.

The kid is gone be put to bed and sex is on his mind.. So how do you actually get to know each other w/o havin sex?
  • kat2180
    edited October 2011
    It's called a sitter, talking on the phone, email, etc.

You can't just have some dude in your house with your child there.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    *refuses to introduce my kids to any female*

I will if I find someone that I would consider having more kids with.

After babymama drama I aint trusting hoes in 2011.

My babymama had her new man staying up in my house after I left for 2months........kids, especially my daughter was mad confused.

? hate that ? .
  • ImSoReal
    edited October 2011
    isnt it kinda hard to not intro your kid to the person ur dating from the very jump?.. Like both of yall working during the day, so yall would most see

each other at night and if yall only seeing each other at night, u know whats on the guys mind cause 9 times outta 10, the guy is gone have 2 come over the females house.

The kid is gone be put to bed and sex is on his mind.. So how do you actually get to know each other w/o havin sex?

well I dont have any kids, but there is def. ways around it Ive seen it first hand. I once dated a woman with a kid, I never met the child until we were together for like 8 months. On the weekends her ex had their kid and during the week, her mother or sister would watch her for a couple hours while we went out to eat. I would imagine it would be difficult if the other parent isnt in the picture and the person doesnt have family to watch the kid
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    datniggab1 wrote: »
    *refuses to introduce my kids to any female*

i will if i find someone that i would consider having more kids with.

After babymama drama i aint trusting hoes in 2011.

My babymama had her new man staying up in my house after i left for 2months........kids, especially my daughter was mad confused.

? hate that ? .

huh?.. Wtf.. Pls tell the story!...
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    kat2180 wrote: »
    My bf is the first man she met besides her daddy. We took her to the zoo and they really got along better than expected. She loves him now which is kinda scary to be honest.

Thats kinda why people aint supposed to have thier S/O with thier kids. but yall live together, so yall heading toward marriage anyway
  • Paul Hate.
    edited October 2011
    Remember when people didnt have kids out of wedlock..??lmao.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I know my boy literallyy waited until a month or so until after he proposed to his now wife. When he did get married it was madd weird to me that his daughter wasn't there but he said he didn't even want his X to know.