Would u use a Maaco paint job for a basic bumper job?

Options
Paul Hate.
Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Let Me Ride
Why or why not,there the cheapest but everybody is like "theyre not that good" I really dgaf im not THAT into my whip I just need a bumper job but i might do the whole thing...

Dude from around my house wants 400 for the whole car...

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol...i know a dude that used to charge people 400 to get sprayed....u drop your car off, and he takes your ? right to maaco and gets that 199 special lmao....anyway with that said they cant be that bad....as long as its in a closed garage it should be good...they prolly just do one coat tho so dont expect it to shine!!
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if you getting the car for 400 Maaco is fine. Personally I would NEVER pay more for a paint job than my car is worth.
  • Paul Hate.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if you getting the car for 400 Maaco is fine. Personally I would NEVER pay more for a paint job than my car is worth.

?lol,no man.They dude from around the way wants 400 to paint my car.the car is 2002 pontiac grand am gt is not worth much but more than 400 dollars,lol...
  • Paul Hate.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    lol...i know a dude that used to charge people 400 to get sprayed....u drop your car off, and he takes your ? right to maaco and gets that 199 special lmao....anyway with that said they cant be that bad....as long as its in a closed garage it should be good...they prolly just do one coat tho so dont expect it to shine!!

yeah i guess so,im gonna see what the old dude around here is talking about and who he does his paint jobs...The cars outside his garage that he painted look great though I cant front..
  • wilberdmillz
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    ?lol,no man.They dude from around the way wants 400 to paint my car.the car is 2002 pontiac grand am gt is not worth much but more than 400 dollars,lol...

Oh, well in that case Maaco should be fine.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    400 is cheap.

i have to pay 1k to get my ? painted.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bumper yes, whole car no
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    bumper yes, whole car no

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Maaco ain't ? , better find some Mexicans around the way
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if you really dgaf, then go for it
    but if you dgaf, then no. and if you have nice car, no.
    when you get the bumper painted, especially at maaco, you're gonna be able to see the difference between the rest of the car and the bumper
    and the quality isn't good either.
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Go to kbb.com see what the valueis in the current shape..maaco does suck, they us ethe cheapest primer and paint known to man, and half the time they dont even get the door jams
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    also when u wash ur car most the paint coming off...
  • wilberdmillz
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol at the exaggerations
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Why or why not,there the cheapest but everybody is like "theyre not that good" I really dgaf im not THAT into my whip I just need a bumper job but i might do the whole thing...

Dude from around my house wants 400 for the whole car...

You need to put a check, with a check, with a check stack up on your grip get your ? sprayed wet. See most of these lil paints jobs will do but if it aint candy then your ride aint true.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    You need to put a check, with a check, with a check stack up on your grip get your ? sprayed wet. See most of these lil paints jobs will do but if it aint candy then your ride aint true.

You must be one of those dudes with the paint jib thats worth more than the damn car?