How health conscious are you?

Punisher__
Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Weight Room
Have you always been like this? Or what had to happen in order for you to get to that point?

My grandmother died of breast cancer about 16 years ago. And ever since that happened, my mother has stayed on top of that mammogram ? , 24/7.

It's sad that someone that close had to die in order for her to become that aware about it, but better late than never...I suppose.

Comments

• Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    First and foremost, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother whoa fallen victim to breast cancer.

I have never been concious about my health untill I was diagnoise wit luekemia in 2007, and since then Ive been in and out the hospital and dr.s office listerally.

Luckily I've overcome cancer and luekemia, recently I went into remission with luekemia, as I type from my hospital bed rite now.

I'm always gon be taking meds and going to doctors office for the remainder of my life.. Prior before all this I wasn't concious of my health but now with deadly illnesses I have too. Its vital!
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I've always made an effort to be in good health. I decided early on that I want to have a properly-functioning body until I feel like dying.

I eat healthy, routinely exercise, don't take/use any drugs, etc.

I'm in excellent health as a result.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    tupacfan got the GOAT gimmick
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Before I buy or eat anything, I read how many calories it has and try to consume 1800-2000 calories total everyday.
  • TallmanfromFL
    TallmanfromFL Members Posts: 149
    edited May 2010
    Im gonna be health concious till my death plus I drink and smoke exotic weed (dro,kush,purp, etc.) in moderation plus I work out 2-3 times a week so IM GOOD
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Always been like this. I've always played sports from age 5 so I was always active and in good shape. I loved phys.ed class in school even took it as electives all throughout high school. I also loved playing sports during recess in elementary.

What changed my diet and the foods I consumed was after I took a physical health education course and learned about nutrition. Now I look at the nutrition labels for everything I consume. I rarely eat fast food (eat it like twice a month for "cheat meals" to keep me sane).
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I'd say KINDA. Im not disciplined enough to not eat ? . But I am disciplined enough to go jogging every day. So it balances out.