CrossFit Bodyweight Workouts + More

2»

Comments

• all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    thas wuddup...i found a new exercise ima incorporate in my ? . its a push up mixed with a mountain climber
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    thas wuddup...i found a new exercise ima incorporate in my ? . its a push up mixed with a mountain climber
    You talking about this? If so, I used to do this a while back when I did the 'Insanity' joint :tu
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    WallH wrote: »
    You talking about this? If so, I used to do this a while back when I did the 'Insanity' joint :tu

more like this
  • Mastery
    edited October 2011

Oh ok. I've done those before, a while back. I remember this one video I seen where the guy would do 10 pushups, then 1 mountain climber (both legs equal 1), then 9 pushups and 2 mountain climbers, 8 pushups and 3 mountain climbers, etc... until you are at 1 pushup and 10 mountain climbers. You can increase the starting amount of the pushups, obviously :tu
  • Mastery
    edited October 2011
    So none of you workout ? is trying to ? with CrossFit? lol

This morning I did:

100 jumping jacks
    100 pullups
    100 pushups
    100 squats
    100 mountain climbers (4ct)
    100 burpees
    Run 4.5 miles

I been trying to step it up lately :tu
  • Mastery
    edited October 2011
    This morning I knocked out:

Frenzy
    10 rounds of:
    Max burpees 1:00
    Max pullups 1:00
    Max tuck jumps 1:00
    Max jumping jacks 1:00
    Max distance running 2:00

• Mastery
    edited October 2011
    This morning's workout consisted of:

Ladder for 45 minutes:
    Pullups by 1
    Ring dips (or regular dips) by 2
    Pushups by 3
    Situps by 4

Then I finished off with a 4.5 mile run :tu

• Mastery
    edited November 2011
    Today I got down with:

6 rounds, 90 seconds per station of:
    burpees
    pushups
    box/bench jumps
    pullups
    double unders
    squats
    Run 1 mile

• valdez21
    valdez21 Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Thinking about trying. How you like it compared to regular lifting?
  • Mastery
    edited November 2011
    valdez21 wrote: »
    Thinking about trying. How you like it compared to regular lifting?
    I havent ever really lifted with any kind of regularity, although I plan on getting started soon. I like CrossFit for the "intensity" factor :tu
  • Mastery
    edited November 2011
    Today's workout consisted of:

5 rounds of:
    Run 1 mile
    30 pullups (chest to bar)
    60 pushups
  • Mastery
    edited November 2011
    I took about a week off from working out. Felt good. Got my body re-energized and I felt good as ? for my workout this morning. Here it is:

Deck of Cards
    Take a deck of cards, shuffle. Face cards are 10, Aces are 11, numbered cards as valued. Flip each card and perform the movement and the number of reps specified. Cycle whole deck.
    Hearts - pushups
    Diamonds - pullups
    Spades - situps
    Clubs - squats
    Jokers - Run 1 mile

As soon as I was done, I flipped the deck over and started all over again with:

Deck of Cards (Core Variation)
    Take a deck of cards, shuffle. Face cards are 10, Aces are 11, numbered cards as valued. Flip each card and perform the movement and the number of reps specified. Cycle whole deck.
    Hearts - burpees
    Diamonds – mountain climbers (4ct)
    Spades - flutterkicks (4ct)
    Clubs - situps
    Jokers - Run 400m

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I did them over the summer. I DESTROYED everyone at the gym and I always wrote my name up there and my time. It was fun, most weren't all that tough though for someone like me. Some of the ones with sprints around the building were pretty tough though.
  • Mastery
    edited November 2011
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I did them over the summer. I DESTROYED everyone at the gym and I always wrote my name up there and my time. It was fun, most weren't all that tough though for someone like me. Some of the ones with sprints around the building were pretty tough though.
    Good ? :tu I'm still doing the CrossFit workouts but now I've incorporated some of the Convict Conditioning stuff as well :tu
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    These workouts are no joke.....did them for 16 weeks and results were instant.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    WallH wrote: »
    Good ? :tu I'm still doing the CrossFit workouts but now I've incorporated some of the Convict Conditioning stuff as well :tu

I'm kinda sad, the gym I trained at for MMA was also a CrossFit gym, but my instructor opened up in a new place now. At the end of training I would just do what was written up on the wall and do all the excercises without paying for the CrossFit. Extremely good for core strength and building lean muscle mass.
  • Mastery
    edited November 2011
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I'm kinda sad, the gym I trained at for MMA was also a CrossFit gym, but my instructor opened up in a new place now. At the end of training I would just do what was written up on the wall and do all the excercises without paying for the CrossFit. Extremely good for core strength and building lean muscle mass.
    If you go to crossfit.com they have the WOD (workout of the day) posted daily. Sometimes I'll follow it, but mostly I just do the bodyweight stuff from the PDF I posted in here :tu
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Worked out last night; here's what I did:

50 push-ups
    2 sets of 25 mountain climbers
    2 sets of 25 half-burpees
    50 jogs
    50 jumping jacks
    2 sets of 25 prison squats
    2 sets of 25 jumping squats

I repeated this a total of 4 times, and therefore, the workout consists of 7 exercises at 200 reps apiece(1400 total reps).
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Truerap
    Truerap Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭
    bunch of crossfit ? in here.............
  • scarfacetf
    scarfacetf Members Posts: 59
    used to drink the crossfit kool-aid. i lost tons of weight. tons. i was 6'3 170 pounds skinny as hell. i didn't know how to eat enough food for it. plus, despite what they say about form, when your doing heavy deadlifts for a time your form will break down. unless you have a coach watching your every move, which the majority of people dont. the chance for injuries is high as hell.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSOI wrote: »
    I just did the 'Cindy' this morning for the first time :tu I was able to squeeze out 22 rounds in 20 minutes. That equates to 110 pullups, 220 pushups, and 330 squats.

Completing 1 set of pullups, pushups, and squats = 1 round. Then you repeat over and over until time is up :tu

Cindy
    Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

5 pullups
    10 pushups
    15 squats

i normally do this one on days i dont hit the gym. not the best at pullups so ive done 15 rounds max. its good ? tho