I'm talking really cook

Not just microwave something

I usually offer it around date 4 or 5

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you know, I'm curious about the answers...

but it seems cooking doesn't happen much

Is it a lost art?
  • PAPALAS
    PAPALAS Members Posts: 122
    edited October 2011
    Options
    its a resession...date 3
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol!

54 maphukin views and no one is answering...

A woman who cooks = unicorns
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i love cooking but it takes a loooooong time for me to do it specifically for him

we gotta be in that stage where im coming over and not expecting to ?
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i love cooking but it takes a loooooong time for me to do it specifically for him

it's hilarious how a woman will ? u before she cooks for u
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited October 2011
    Options

? is easy
    cooking aint
  • Ms Eudoxie
    Ms Eudoxie Members Posts: 406
    edited October 2011
    Options
    All guys want or expect you to cook for them......and I'm annoyed that it's the first thing they ask as if cooking is rocket science. I'm part Jamaican so I've been getting asked if I can cook since about 15. I'm so over it I cringe and get very irritated every....time ... I'm asked.

I no longer give into this role play. I cook for myself and if I know the guy is coming over, I'll make enough for both but I don't specifically "cook for a man". It's old and lame to me now. I see it as something society places as a woman's "job" and men just play into it. My ex still complains that I never cooked for him or offered during our relationship. I only did it once for us randomly- two years in- bc we both wanted something home cooked as opposed to take out on a night in. Until that day he thought i couldn't cook. F*k that. Cook for me!
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited October 2011
    Options

? is easy
    cooking aint

but wait, but wait!

If I don't get a plate in 6 months and we dating, isn't that wrong? I mean, she expects the relationship and I expect a plate. Why the miscommunication?

But to the women who posted, how long before you cook for your potential lover?
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    but wait, but wait!

If I don't get a plate in 6 months and we dating, isn't that wrong? I mean, she expects the relationship and I expect a plate. Why the miscommunication?

But to the women who posted, how long before you cook for your potential lover?

ill make you a plate when you figure out if you wanna be with me or not k babe
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ms Eudoxie wrote: »
    All guys want or expect you to cook for them......and I'm annoyed that it's the first thing they ask as if cooking is rocket science. I'm part Jamaican so I've been getting asked if I can cook since about 15. I'm so over it I cringe and get very irritated every....time ... I'm asked.

I no longer give into this role play. I cook for myself and if I know the guy is coming over, I'll make enough for both but I don't specifically "cook for a man". It's old and lame to me now. I see it as something society places as a woman's "job" and men just play into it. My ex still complains that I never cooked for him or offered during our relationship. I only did it once for us randomly- two years in- bc we both wanted something home cooked as opposed to take out on a night in. Until that day he thought i couldn't cook. F*k that. Cook for me!

say word mumma...............

hook me up with some brown stew fish babes

I'm hungry :)
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ill make you a plate when you figure out if you wanna be with me or not k babe

*Chemix on blast post*
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    damn yo.... yall cant just cook for a ? ?
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    *Chemix on blast post*

:-) .................
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited October 2011
    Options
    pico is my baby on the low...
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Cooking really isnt that hard if you can read and have Google.

I don't think I cooked a full meal for him until we moved in together.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    as a dude I use my cooking skills to romance a ? ...
    lol@? not being able to cook these days...

Blame it on the simp ? my dude, blame them ? . SMH @ the bolded
  • king hassan
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I know my woman cooks all the time, she loves to cook. And my baby mama can get it in in the kitchen too, and they both cook from scratch, no box ?
  • kat2180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Can either of you change the oil in a car?
  • king hassan
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Can either of you change the oil in a car?
    Come on now Kat, I can do a whole lot of manly ? , all you do is find the drain plug and refill, duh
  • kat2180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Come on now Kat, I can do a whole lot of manly ? , all you do is find the drain plug and refill, duh

You'd be surprised.

Just making sure you can fulfill your manly duties while you're ? about a hot meal.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »

I usually offer it around date 4 or 5

This ^^.
    Last time, I had his favorite beer on chill and I cooked up a feast of Coconut Shrimp Appetizers, Fried Chicken, Rice & Beans, Baked Mac & Cheese, greens, Tostones (Fried Green plantain), Corn on the Cob, Corn Souffle (It's similar to cornbread but much yummier), salad, made a simple dessert, and turned it into a moonlit picnic. That was after a month of dating.

Watching a man eat my cooking is like an aphrodisiac, something so sexy about him stuffing his face.
    ? is easy
    cooking aint

I beg to differ.
    I will be ready to cook for him before I am ready to have sex with him, seems backwards to me.
    I will say that I will not cook for just any man, that's just dangerous. Can't play with a mans heart like that.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    the first few months of dating is when i did it. i still remember what i made, blackened catfish, mac & cheese and lemon pepper asparagus

it's not even a woman thing or an expectation, i actually really like cooking. making something from nothing with your own hands is pretty amazing. cooking to me is another form of art and a great way to express myself. i love making a dish from scratch, or combining things that wouldn't seem like they go together and making it work.

This thread is now making me hungry!
    And co sign this post.
  • king hassan
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    You'd be surprised.

Just making sure you can fulfill your manly duties while you're ? about a hot meal.
    I'm not a youngster young lady, I'm ole school as hell. And I can cook myself, Chea!
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    has this ever happened to you? it's almost time to go grocery shopping again, you don't have a lot of items on hand, and you just get a bunch of random stuff together to make it work. like the other day all i had as far as meat was some chicken breast, i found some frozen veggies too, then it just clicked like some biscuit dough and cream of chicken soup, and you have a homemade ? pie.

oh and i found a recipe online for authentic sweet and sour sauce, it's so easy to make. i haven't ordered sweet & sour chicken or shrimp ever since. it's healthier and tastes a lot better from scratch

More than a few times! Lol.
    I've made a masterpiece of a concoction out of a can of tuna, seasonings, some garlic and veggies. A little bit of creativity and knowing what flavors compliment each other goes a long way. I remember once I needed tomato sauce to add to some beans (Arroz con Habichuela) and it was too late when I realized I did not have any so I substituted with ketchup, lol. :/ I thought it would be far too sweet but it actually turned out well to my surprise.

Often times it's when you don't go by the book and just throw ingredients together that something special is created :D
    What's great about cooking as opposed to baking, you don't need to use exact ingredients and you can just go with the flow and adjust the seasonings to please your palette.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't have an issue of cooking at any point. I like to cook for people in general. ? is another story.