How long do you wait to cook for him

13»

Comments

• kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    dont listen to her Pico..she 30 and still aint married

Because a woman isn't a real woman if she isn't married by 30.

Meanwhile, I was speaking generally. Not that difficult to understand why a woman would rather ? before cooking dude a meal.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Ms Eudoxie wrote: »
    Lol Yeah, my ex expresses his resentment on this subject all the time but I don't see what the big deal is.

@ the highlighted....then why else is it unattractive in your opinon?

if I'm with a woman and I never see her cook I'm going to assume that she has bad eating habits, she orders out or goes out to eat far too much...it's not responsible financially and it's not healthy...if you can't feed yourself how the hell am I supposed to think if we have children you can feed and take care of them if I'm not around? I can cook, got no issue with cooking but a woman who refuses to cook on some "I'm not going to be a woman in the kitchen" nonsense is just immature and can't see past herself...there's a bigger picture you're showing when you show your s/o that you're capable of doing certain things on your own...
  • blackrain
    edited October 2011
    kat2180 wrote: »
    What about this thread is equal?

I didn't see the t/s ask the males the first time they cook for thier woman.

If she asks and I'm cooking or planning to cook already she can get some food...if I'm already cooking for myself it would be kind of an ? move to say "Babe, go make your own dinner. I'm about to ? this chicken up I made for myself"
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Women got they men starving out here smh
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    kat2180 wrote: »
    What about this thread is equal?

I didn't see the t/s ask the males the first time they cook for thier woman.

Ok so ima go with NO then.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Ok so ima go with NO then.

Of course not, like I'm about to crawl under a car unless its an emergency.

I can change a tire if needed, anything else my man can take care of for me.
  • Ms Eudoxie
    Ms Eudoxie Members Posts: 406
    edited October 2011
    blackrain wrote: »
    if I'm with a woman and I never see her cook I'm going to assume that she has bad eating habits, she orders out or goes out to eat far too much...it's not responsible financially and it's not healthy...if you can't feed yourself how the hell am I supposed to think if we have children you can feed and take care of them if I'm not around? I can cook, got no issue with cooking but a woman who refuses to cook on some "I'm not going to be a woman in the kitchen" nonsense is just immature and can't see past herself...there's a bigger picture you're showing when you show your s/o that you're capable of doing certain things on your own...

I cut out everything after assume bc that space can be filled with all kinds of assumptions that aren't true, which leaves your point.

You think my reason is immature and I'm full of myself, but in fact your response is immature and shows your full of yourself b/c I, as a woman, am not giving into something you (a man) desires, therefore something must be wrong with me and you view me as a problem instead of checking your own logic or train of thought. That's nothing but your ego talking.

In relationships I vibe off chemistry. Anything I need know about a person I will learn in time from observing. Theres no need for me to have to prove anything, let alone if I can cook bc it will eventually be seen naturally. I see it like this....

Guy has his own job, house, car, is handy and is great with saving money. Lady has her own job, house, car, she can cook, sew, and is a great entertainer. They meet and come together and their relationship grows off principlal qualities like love, trust, respect, attraction, etc. Now their skills...cooking, sewing, being handy, a saver, etc are the perks that help enhance or make the relationship work, but they don't make the relationship. They'll never go hungry bc Lady can cook...they'll never need a repairman often bc Guy is handy...they'll always make ends meet or have a little savings bc Guy is good at saving, etc. No proving of ones self involved or neccessary.

One thing I know for sure is, the man/woman you have to prove yourself to will never be satisfied and it's a principle I choose to not live by in my relationships. The question in itself comes off as if you men are marking off a mental checklist, and although there are certain qualities that you look for in a long time mate, a person having those qualities doesn't neccessarily make them the one for you, so what's the point in asking at all?!

So basically, I stopped doing to ensure it wasn't a tool used to force me to prove whether I was good enough bc it's bs imo.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I cut out everything after assume bc that space can be filled with all kinds of assumptions that aren't true, which leaves your point.

You think my reason is immature and I'm full of myself, but in fact your response is immature and shows your full of yourself b/c I, as a woman, am not giving into something you (a man) desires, therefore something must be wrong with me and you view me as a problem instead of checking your own logic or train of thought. That's nothing but your ego talking.

In relationships I vibe off chemistry. Anything I need know about a person I will learn in time from observing. Theres no need for me to have to prove anything, let alone if I can cook bc it will eventually be seen naturally. I see it like this....

Guy has his own job, house, car, is handy and is great with saving money. Lady has her own job, house, car, she can cook, sew, and is a great entertainer. They meet and come together and their relationship grows off principlal qualities like love, trust, respect, attraction, etc. Now their skills...cooking, sewing, being handy, a saver, etc are the perks that help enhance or make the relationship work, but they don't make the relationship. They'll never go hungry bc Lady can cook...they'll never need a repairman often bc Guy is handy...they'll always make ends meet or have a little savings bc Guy is good at saving, etc. No proving of ones self involved or neccessary.

One thing I know for sure is, the man/woman you have to prove yourself to will never be satisfied and it's a principle I choose to not live by in my relationships. The question in itself comes off as if you men are marking off a mental checklist, and although there are certain qualities that you look for in a long time mate, a person having those qualities doesn't neccessarily make them the one for you, so what's the point in asking at all?!

So basically, I stopped doing to ensure it wasn't a tool used to force me to prove whether I was good enough bc it's bs imo.

get 'em girl.................put BR in his place LOL

I told you he wasn't the one haha

/where's my brown stew fish? you need to get your snapper game up ASAP :)
  • Ms Eudoxie
    edited October 2011
    get 'em girl.................put BR in his place LOL

I told you he wasn't the one haha

/where's my brown stew fish? you need to get your snapper game up ASAP :)

Gotta work on the stew fish, but I'm sure it's not difficult, just a matter of seasoning since fish cooks quickly. Snapper....I believe my mother used to cook that ....and I think I liked it...lol Does it have a reddish coloring? I mainly cook tilapia bc its so meaty but yeah, I do need to get with the moms on her snapper recipes.
  • blakfyahking
    edited October 2011
    Gotta work on the stew fish, but I'm sure it's not difficult, just a matter of seasoning since fish cooks quickly. Snapper....I believe my mother used to cook that ....and I think I liked it...lol Does it have a reddish coloring? I mainly cook tilapia bc its so meaty but yeah, I do need to get with the moms on her snapper recipes.

yep..........red snapper

but I purposely threw a double entendre in there LOL

snapper = slang for cooch...............now re-read what I said :)
  • Ms Eudoxie
    edited October 2011
    yep..........red snapper

but I purposely threw a double entendre in there LOL

snapper = slang for cooch...............now re-read what I said :)

Umm...yeah, went rite over my head lol....but I'm curious as to what exactly you mean bc ain't nothing lacking over here.
  • blakfyahking
    edited October 2011
    Umm...yeah, went rite over my head lol....but I'm curious as to what exactly you mean bc ain't nothing lacking over here.

I was trolling as usual

but if you cook that brown stew fish for me really well.......................maybe I can certify your game so to speak haha

*looks over shoulder to see if my BM is reading my post* :(
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    It's not something I hold out on intentionally. If I'm planning on cooking that day and you're free well then come over and we can eat. I don't really care; we all gotta eat.
    I like cooking anyway so most days I'm making something. If you want to come eat you're more than welcome. There's no specific timeline.
  • blackrain
    edited October 2011

So wanting to know that a woman I want to be in a relationship with can cook and feed herself and maybe our future children is selfish and immature? Hope your kids enjoy all those McDonald's dinners because mommy doesn't want to make it seem like she's following a gender role
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    It's not something I hold out on intentionally. If I'm planning on cooking that day and you're free well then come over and we can eat. I don't really care; we all gotta eat.
    I like cooking anyway so most days I'm making something. If you want to come eat you're more than welcome. There's no specific timeline.

That's some real ? right there. Women act like that ? is putting them in high heels and pearls smh