Is Destined the most overlooked single of 2011

TrueGodHS
TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Roc The Mic Audio

We got singles like How To Love, She Will, ? In Paris, Lotus Flower Bomb gaining ground, is Destined overlooked? Powerful, lyrical, soulful, aggressive, but still commerically viable, can it be the most overlooked single of 2011?? or at least top 5?

Comments

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    how is it overlooked when nobody looked at it in the first place
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    how is it overlooked when nobody looked at it in the first place

First hater! You do what overlooked means right little guy?
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    One of the most powerful songs of the year... Soul Revival 11.3.11
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    First hater! You do what overlooked means right little guy?

nah, b
    ya ? wasn't overlooked
    it was not looked at in any shape form or fashion
    ya ? wasn't even glanced over
    ? ain't even do a single take on ya ?
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    nah, b
    ya ? wasn't overlooked
    it was not looked at in any shape form or fashion
    ya ? wasn't even glanced over
    ? ain't even do a single take on ya ?

? you aint even checking out the music, so GTFOH.. ? be sleeping. But, once again, appreciate the hate my ? .
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    psychothug wrote: »
    A gave you another view happy

Not happy because dudes love that ? , but sleep on the real... Just saying.
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited October 2011
    nah its pretty wach
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    duckmanpig wrote: »
    nah its pretty wach

Looks at profile and signature....

Won't waste time responding to haters.. Gotta love the haters man
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    nah its pretty wach

Spell check ? ... LOL at Taylor Swift in this dude's avi lol
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    this ? sounds so ? wack wtf lol
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    The most overlooked single of 2011 would be Hiipower. Nice try tho
  • Mr. Speed de la CP
    Mr. Speed de la CP Members Posts: 9
    edited October 2011
    To be fair, at least Kendrick has mainstream support (in some way). This dude has none, like, at all LOL
  • Mr. Speed de la CP
    edited October 2011
    I'd personally like to know what sounds so "? wack wtf lol" about it, as I'd like to consider myself the producer of the track. So, what, is it the beat, the message, or the fact that the guy isn't making music about killing people, big ? skrippers, and the like?
    Thanks
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    this ? sounds so ? wack wtf lol

? , the lyrics dope, the beat is dope, the clips is dope.. and yall ? on that ? ? Funny, Never got no hate until we hit up Allhiphop. ? ass haters. Doper than J Cole single, doper than Wayne ? , doper than Drake(im just saying.... you can do better.....). GTFOH.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    The most overlooked single of 2011 would be Hiipower. Nice try tho

Naw.... Kendrick Lamar is dope or whatever, but he's backed by Dr. Dre and the West Coast movement..

The most overlooked artist/single? True ? and Destined. Soul Revival is one of the albums of the year, if not the best. FOH
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    I did actually just check out Kendrick Lamar... would be up for a collab...

if Destined is overlooked, then No Time(Dreamers) will be damn sure hated on
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    here's the actual song... most of the posters here only started hating to stop the real music fans from listening. ? outta here.
    Dont forget some classics from immortal kingdom
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2011
    Keep the movement alive. #TeamDAR
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    decent track def could be way better tho ... lyrics and beat is good just needs to be executed better .... beat sounds real distorted almost to the point where it sounds like you got two seperate samples layered on top of each other but one of them should of been muted out @ certain points to avoid the collage ....

but decent track man just work on tightening it up and actually saying more in ya bars .... not saying more ? but actually saying something in them bars ....... creating a topic and sticking to it etc.....
  • duckmanpig
    edited October 2011
    Spell check ? ... LOL at Taylor Swift in this dude's avi lol

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That garbage you posted
  • duckmanpig
    edited October 2011
    ? , the lyrics dope, the beat is dope, the clips is dope.. and yall ? on that ? ? Funny, Never got no hate until we hit up Allhiphop. ? ass haters. Doper than J Cole single, doper than Wayne ? , doper than Drake(im just saying.... you can do better.....). GTFOH.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH In what way? your lyrics are wack, the beat is annoying (? hate high pitch soul samples)
  • Mr. Speed de la CP
    edited October 2011
    antarticp wrote: »
    decent track def could be way better tho ... lyrics and beat is good just needs to be executed better .... beat sounds real distorted almost to the point where it sounds like you got two seperate samples layered on top of each other but one of them should of been muted out @ certain points to avoid the collage ....

but decent track man just work on tightening it up and actually saying more in ya bars .... not saying more ? but actually saying something in them bars ....... creating a topic and sticking to it etc.....

See, this is what I'm talking about, people. Critique the ? before you pass judgement LOL

I do hear what you're saying about the "two samples" thing. What happened there was an experiment. I tried to incorporate two vibes into one: the chill one (the original piano comp you hear) and the soulful yet crazy-enough-to-make-you-wanna-punch-? flip. I guess it could've been smoothed out a bit--hell, I could've did the track without one or the other. But, I want it to jar the audience a bit, to actually collage it all wild and crazy and kind of off like I did. But, duly noted for my future compositions, my friend.

Now, about the lyrics, I wasn't in the booth with True when he recorded this LOL, but I guess he's trying to get at this: I've been through a bunch, and even after all this, I'm still reaching for the top and reviving the soul in music through getting rid of all the synths, Auto-Tune, etc.. Yes, the topics may be perceived to jump around, but to me, they tie together at the end of the day.
  • Mr. Speed de la CP
    edited October 2011

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That garbage you posted

Alright, so this guy is most likely trolling. And, when he sees this, I can imagine the oh so amazing retorts he'll have. There'll probably be a ? joke, a ? joke, and something else about my mother or something.

Fun times.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ? was wack son.
  • duckmanpig
    edited October 2011
    Alright, so this guy is most likely trolling. And, when he sees this, I can imagine the oh so amazing retorts he'll have. There'll probably be a ? joke, a ? joke, and something else about my mother or something.

Fun times.

no. I got nothing really I like about 90% of the world arent gonna pay attention you anymore