The warrior's thread/back on my regimen

waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Weight Room
after a 2 year lay off due to wife gave birth to my A-Alike Man-child and scheduling due to my seed and work i have fallen off. I had to handle the home and family first. After a few years of living like a warrior Mentally, Physically and Spirtually. Running 6 miles a day, eat and lift like a bodybuilder eating oatmeal, fish, beef, turkey, veggie, whole grains, egg whites, egg's, baked chicken and drinkin 1-2 gallons of water a day, and supplements 3 years and no break.

I kind of welcome the break of eating and drinkin like a heathen. But now it's time to get back to live, train and lift.

This thread is for those who live the warrior's lifestyle from Cycling, rock climbing, lifting, Martial's Arts, Yoga it doesnt matter share your experience and drop gems. If you reading a good book about the the arts drop them and some passage.

you got good recipes for a healthy body or you like to talk about supplements and the benfit's Anabolic or not drop them, you like to talk about Holistic Health drop them

Today i start my first day back Boxing.

On week 1 & 3 i will box on Monday and Sat.

Weight Lifting Tues, wed, thurs & Fri.

REST on Sunday.

Week 2 & 4 I will box on Mon, Thu, Sat.

Weight Lifting Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri.

Supplements im starting with the basic for the first 3-4 months.

Multi Vitamins, Vit C & D, Calcium, Fish Oil, BCAA, Caffeine and Green Tea as my Fat Burner. Protein Powder, Creatine Mono, beta alanine, glutamine, arginine In powder form (you will save more money and it will last you a few months, Cheap Supplements from Bodybuilding.com and Higher Power products for bulk is the way to go).

And Bcaa in powder form that i will mix with my water for my intra workout drink.

I will drink a Gallon of water a day with some green tea after meals

I will drop my workout schedule and my diet later.

Comments

• waterproof
    edited October 2011
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    i'll drop my stuff in a few
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Yesterday was my first day boxing and damn IM OUT OF SHAPE, i was doing some circuit training working on feet work and the jab.

Boxing is a whole different beast, im used to weight lifting and running miles, but since i've been out for 2 years SMH i have a whole lot of respect for boxing.

i got up at 6'oclock went to the gym and did 40 mins of cardio. Im going to do a month of cardio before i start beasting.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    SPIRITUAL WARRIOR BOOK to read for the mind and spirit is The Art of Peace
    by Morihei Ueshiba

The real way of the warrior is based on compassion, wisdom, fearlessness, and love of nature. So taught the great Morihei Ueshiba (1883–1969), founder of the Japanese martial art of Aikido. Aikido is a disciple Ueshiba called the “Art of Peace.” It offers a nonviolent way to victory in the face of conflict, and he believed that Aikido principles could be applied to all the challenges we face in life—in personal and business relationships, as well as in our interactions with society. These succinct and pithy teachings are drawn from his talks and writings. The collection is compiled by the renowned modern Aikidoist John Stevens, a disciple of Ueshiba.

A great book, i read it a few years ago...
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Fish Oil for Muscle Growth
    by Monica ~ source

Most supplements are used for one specific outcome, for example fat loss, muscle growth or general health promotion. However, there are a few exceptions. Fish oil is one of them.

We all know about the cardiovascular health benefits of fish oil, and in a previous article I covered the fat loss effect of fish oil. Now let’s take a look at the potential application of fish oil for those of us who are interested in muscle growth…

Anti-catabolic effects of fish oil

Muscle protein undergoes a continuous process of synthesis (anabolism) and degradation (catabolism). In a healthy state, the anabolic and catabolic processes are balanced to maintain stability of or even increase muscle mass (as is observed with resistance training combined with proper nutrition).

Catabolism of muscle tissue is common in both clinical states (for example diabetes, renal failure, trauma and cancer) and during diet-induced weight loss and other stress conditions 1-6. During these catabolic states, muscle protein degradation exceeds muscle protein synthesis, which results in muscle loss and weakness.

Muscle protein catabolism is primarily caused by the ubiquitin-proteasome system 3 6-11. It is here fish oil enters the picture, since its fatty acid EPA significantly decreases the activity of the muscle protein catabolic (ubiquitin-proteasome) system 2 4 5 12-16.

Another mechanism by which fish oil exerts its anti-catabolic effect is by reducing cortisol levels 17 18. As we all know, cortisol breaks down muscle tissue 19 and has a host of other detrimental effects when present at chronically elevated levels (which is a topic in its own right), so this is a beneficial effect of fish oil beyond anti-catabolism.

Anabolic effects of fish oil

What makes fish oil especially interesting is that it seems to promote muscle growth by not only inhibiting muscle catabolism, but also by stimulating muscle anabolism. Recent studies showed that supplementing for 8 weeks with 4 g per day of fish oil concentrate providing a daily dose of 1.86 g EPA and 1.5 g DHA, significantly increases the anabolic response of muscle protein synthesis to amino acids and insulin 20. The augmented anabolic response to amino acids and insulin was shown to be due to an increased activation of the mTOR/p70S6K signalling pathway, which is considered an integral control point for muscle protein anabolism 21 and muscle cell growth 22-25.

Other mechanisms probably contribute as well. The same study showed that the fish oil supplementation in 25-45 year old healthy subjects doubled the proportion of EPA, DPA (another less talked about omega-3 fatty acid) and DHA in muscle cell membranes, at the expense of omega-6 fatty acids and mono-unsaturated fatty acids, with no change in saturated fatty acid) concentrations 20. Thus, it is also possible that fish oil supplementation influences anabolic signalling cascades by affecting membrane lipid composition and/or fluidity 26-29.

Are you older than 45 yr? Don’t fret, you will still benefit from the muscle anabolic effects of fish oil. The same research team conducted another study, using an identical research protocol (1.86 g EPA and 1.5 g DHA for 8 weeks), in healthy elderly subjects over 65 years (mean age 71 years). The results were the same as in the younger subjects; the fish oil supplementation significantly increased the muscle protein synthetic response to amino acids and insulin 30. Thus, fish oil seems to attenuate the anabolic resistance associated with old age 31-33. The researchers were so impressed with the response that they concluded fish oil can be useful for both prevention and treatment of sarcopenia 30.

In both of these studies, muscle mass was not measured because the interventions only lasted for 8 weeks. However, taking into consideration that changes in muscle protein metabolism precede corresponding changes in muscle mass 34-36, these results are promising. It is going to be interesting to see longer term studies that measure actual fish oil induced gains in muscle mass, and also how the anabolic response to fish oil interacts with resistance training.

Wrap up

Whether you’re looking to build muscle or prevent loss of muscle during a diet, evidence supports the addition of fish oil to your supplement regimen. Fish oil, and especially EPA, not only counteracts the detrimental loss of muscle mass that we see in stressful and catabolic states, but also boosts the anabolic response to nutritional stimuli in healthy muscle from both young, middle-age and older adults. Thus, it beneficially affects both the catabolic and anabolic sides of the muscle protein balance equation.

The studies to date used a fish oil dose corresponding to 1.86 g EPA and 1.5 g DHA (which can be considered to be a medium high dose). We don’t know yet if a higher or lower dose would have a greater/smaller effect, but this dose a good guideline to start with.

In my next article I will cover the safety aspects of high dose omega-3 supplementation regimens, and discuss the different supplemental sources of omega-3. For now, I can say that the dosages used to achieve the muscle anabolic and fat loss effects (see my other article “Fish Oil for Fat Loss“) are safe for healthy folks who are not taking any prescription medications. Stay tuned!
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    The Truth About Fish Oil And Fat Loss

What The Latest Research Says About
    Omega-3 Fatty Acids And Weight Loss
    By Tom Venuto

Unless you’ve been living under a rock somewhere for the last several years, you’ve probably heard about the health benefits of eating fatty fish or taking fish oil supplements.

Well, it looks like you might be able to add fat loss alongside the other benefits like heart, blood (cholesterol/triglycerides), brain, skin and joint health (and the rest of the list, which is too long to print here).

The biologically active ingredients that seem to make fatty fish so beneficial are are the long chain omega-3 (n-3) fatty acids, EPA and DHA. At least a half a dozen human studies and more than two dozen animal studies have been completed in the last 10 years which suggest that these omega-3 fatty acids found in fish may help you lose more fat. However, the fat loss benefit is not as much as some people want you to believe…

Fish Oil And Fat Loss: What The Research Says?

The results of two new studies on fish oil and fat loss were just released earlier this year. In one study published by the International Journal of Obesity, researchers from Reykjavik Iceland tested the effects of fish or fish oil consumption equivalent to 1.5 grams of combined EPA/DHA on body weight and body composition as part of a calorie restricted diet. (1)

The subjects were 324 young overweight men and women who followed one of four experimental protocols for 8 weeks:

(1) sunflower oil capsules (control)
    (2) lean fish
    (3) fatty fish (salmon)
    (4) fish oil capsules

The researchers reported the following results:

“In young, overweight men, the inclusion of either lean or fatty fish, or fish oil as part of a hypoenergetic diet resulted in 1 kilogram more weight loss after 4 weeks than a similar diet without seafood or supplement of marine origin. The addition of seafood to a nutritionally balanced energy-restricted diet may boost weight loss.”

It should be noted that the study was supported by the Seafood Plus organization and there were some limitations in the design that could have influenced the subject’s compliance.

The second study, conducted at the University of South Australia and published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2) investigated the effect of combining fish oil supplements with regular aerobic exercise.

In a placebo-controlled study, the subjects were divided into four groups:

(1) sunflower oil
    (2) sunflower oil plus exercise
    (3) fish oil
    (4) fish oil plus exercise.

The fish oil groups were given 6 grams of high DHA fish oil per day, which contained a total of 1.9 grams of long chain omega-3 fatty acids. The exercising groups performed aerobic exercise three days per week for 45 minutes.

As you might expect, the fish oil plus exercise group came out with the best results:

minus 1.2% body fat (compared to no decrease in the other groups)
    minus 2 kilograms/4.4 lbs (compared to no decrease in the non exercise group).
    Unfortunately, there was a limitation in this study as well: The food intake of the subjects was self reported, which is known to be notoriously inaccurate.

Fish Oil May Help You Lose Fat... But Not THAT Much Fat!

There have been several other human studies on fish oil and fat loss in the last ten years or so and the majority of the findings have been positive. The research is compelling and there have been numerous, and very plausible mechanisms of action proposed.

However, more and more often, I am hearing people in the health, fitness and nutrition industries making some pretty bold and I daresay, premature and outrageous claims about what fish oil can do for fat loss; claims which are not supported by the research.

The studies on fish oil and fat loss are encouraging, but the vast majority of research has been on animals (rats, mice and hamsters) and there have been limitations in nearly all the human studies so far, including:

Small sample sizes, short study durations, statistically insignificant results, lack of randomization, no control groups, imprecise body composition testing, measurement errors, self-reporting of food intake, low compliance control and fish industry or supplement industry-sponsored bias.

Even if you take the results of the existing research at face value, the fat loss really isn’t all that impressive - an extra pound here, an extra kilo there.

Many of the research results barely reach statistical significance, and you even have to wonder if these small improvements in fat loss are simply correcting omega-3 deficiency or fixing omega-3 and omega-6 imbalance… therefore, will they continue over a longer time period or is this a one time improvement?

One of the earlier studies showed the same kind of measurable but modest results: The fish oil group that took 1.8 grams of combined EPA/DHA daily lost 2 pounds and the non fish oil group lost only 0.7 pounds after 3 weeks (3).

Of course, you’ll probably take all the fat loss help that you can get, and since there are already enough good reasons to eat fatty fish for cardiovascular disease prevention and other health benefits, it’s really a no brainer to eat fish such as salmon, trout, mackerel or sardines at least twice a week. (By the way, with the exception of King Mackerel, these are species which have not been reported as having problems with mercury contamination).

Alternately, you can use a fish oil supplement to get the equivalent in omega-3 fatty acids as found in the fish. Non fish eaters or vegetarians can use flaxseed oil, a plant-based source of Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) which converts in the body to EPA and DHA (the efficiency and amount of conversion has been a subject of controversy, however).

How Much Fish Oil Should You Take?

Based on the three studies cited above, it looks like 1.5 to 2.0 grams per day of combined DHA/EPA is the right dose when fat loss is the goal (although some suggest you should consider body weight when choosing the dosage, i.e., 1 gram total fish oil for each 20 lbs body weight, so a big guy might go with as much as 3.0 grams)

Most fish oil capsules come in 1,000 mg size at a 30% concentration, so if you took five 1000mg capsules a day (5 grams of total fish oil), that would give you 1.5 grams of EPA/DHA; about the same as you’d get in 3 ounces (85 g) of salmon.

Note: other studies on fish oil and fat loss tested 3.0 to 4.0 g/day of EPA/DHA, but the American Heart Association has warned against taking more than 3 g EPA/DHA per day without a physician’s supervision, as there may be some contraindications or side effects possible. Based on the research, more fish oil will NOT burn more fat, so be wary of the “mega dose gurus.”

How Much Should You Spend?

Here's another helpful tip: Don't fall for the “premium price” necessarily means better quality party line. Quality and purity are important, but you can get molecularly-distilled, mercury, PCB, Dioxin, Organochlorine-free, 3rd party tested-to-meet-label-claims fish oil for less than ten dollars per bottle of 400 (one gram) capsules…

yet, I have seen “fish oil gurus” selling the exact same thing for $50 to $60 claiming that everyone else’s products were "contaminated" and/or "inferior" in quality. If that’s true, then I'd like to see those products submitted voluntarily to an independent 3rd party testing lab for analysis and head to head comparison to less expensive brands on purity AND cost effectiveness.

Conclusion & Recommendations

The bottom line is it looks like fish oil may be a legitimate help to your fat loss efforts, especially when combined with exercise, as there may be an important synergy there. However, the idea that fish oil is some kind of miracle fat burner is just not true.

We need much more research before we can say for certain exactly how much body composition improvement you can really expect from eating fatty fish or taking fish oil supplements. That said, between the health benefits and the potential for even a small boost to your fat loss efforts, fish oil is hard not to like.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    CONGRATS TO "THE GIFT" PHIL HEATH for winning the MR OLYMPIA!!!!!!!!
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    This is the last installment of the benefits of FISH OIL, I covered the Fat Loss and Muscle Growth of the supplement now here's the Joints and Heart benefits. Fish oil is a staple in my supplements

Fish Oil Health Benefits - Keeping Your Heart, Brain, and Joints Healthy

Can fish oils really help to keep you healthy? Most definitely! Fish oil health benefits are extensive but perhaps most importantly fish oil health benefits include your heart, brain, and joints. The reason for this is that they contain essential omega-3 fatty acids. These cannot be produced in the human body, and can only be found in what you eat. They play a vital role in keeping your body healthy.

Heart

According to the American Heart Association, omega-3 not only keeps healthy hearts healthy, but also benefits those at risk of cardiovascular disease as well as those that already suffer with it. Cardiovascular disease leaves you high at risk of heart attacks, the basic reason for this stems from the clogging of arteries. It is the blood thinning property of omega-3 which helps to prevent the build up of plaque, and therefore helps to lessen the risk of a heart attack.

Brain

Omega -3 fatty acids are made up of DHA and EPA, these provide a vast array of benefits to our bodies. DHA is of key interest, as it makes up the chief component of the nerve cells in our brains. They are essential for keeping the brain healthy as they have a direct influence in the formation of nerve cell membranes and membrane fluidity. Studies have also found that fish oils can be particularly beneficial for children, as they promote healthy growth in developing brains.

Joints

It is common knowledge that as we get older, our joints among other things start to deteriorate, and we often suffer from painful conditions such as arthritis. Unfortunately there is little we can do to reverse the affects of ageing, although we can take omega-3 to try and lessen the affects of these painful joint problems. Arthritis and other similar conditions often stem from inflammation in the body, which aids to explain why omega3 can be so beneficial. Again it comes back to the properties of DHA and EPA which have strong anti-inflammatory effects. The essential fatty acids also aid the body in order to cope with stiffness, swelling, and irritation that often occur with aging joints.

Our Western diet is deficient in fish oil which means that the majority of people in the West do not get enough Omega-3 fatty acids and achieve little if any fish oil health benefits from their diet. This confirms the importance of fish oil supplements. Taken regularly health benefits can be achieved very rapidly in a few weeks. I have focussed on three of the more important health benefits, to find out more please refer to my website where you will also discover the fish oil supplements that I and my family take on a regular basis.

John Thomson is interested in the numerous health benefits available through natural omega 3 supplementation. He has been involved in fish oil research for the last year and he tries to spread the message of this amazing supplement far and wide. He posts his findings on his website, http://www.omega3edge.com.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    i want some salmon now
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    i want some salmon now

Salmon is great before my 2 year lay off i ate salmon everyday, if you can go to a fish market and buy a whole salmon for like 25-30 dollars and tell them to make you some fillets if you do it right it can last you two weeks.

Our you can go to Costco and they have Salmon fillets in a package, you will get like 8 for 15 dollars or you can get Salmon burger patties and get some whole wheat hamburger buns add some tomatoes and green leafs and have a healthy burger. (Hold the ketchup)

4 Health Benefits of Salmon
    Salmon health benefits range from strengthening your muscles and heart to reducing your chances of developing some diseases. Studies have shown that consumption of the fatty acid rich salmon can help you live longer and be healthier while you do it.
    Muscle and Tissue Benefits

The protein in salmon is easy for people to digest and absorb into their bodies. Salmon does not have cancer causing substances in it that some other protein sources do. Proteins which are also referred to as amino acids and are vital to the health of your entire body. Salmon’s main health benefit is that it is an excellent good fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. Vitamins A, B and D as well as the minerals calcium, iron, phosphorus and selenium are in salmon.
    Heart Health

The above mentioned Omega-3 fatty acids in salmon will help lower your cholesterol. Usually the first thing doctors recommend after a heart attack is to lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides levels. While salmon is lowering you bad cholesterol it is also raising your good cholesterol (HDL). Salmon can also help repair heart damage and strengthen the heart muscles. Salmon also helps lower your blood pressure and even prevent hardening of your arteries which will lessen your chances of having a heart attack.
    Brain and Nerve Benefits

Those Omega-3 fatty acids help your brain work better and improve your memory. In conjunction with Vitamins A and D, amino acids and selenium those acids also protect your nervous system from the deteriorating effects of aging. This makes salmon work as a natural anti depressant. Alzheimer’s and Parkinson diseases are two of the biggest fears facing you as you age. The consumption of salmon has been shown to lower your risk of developing those diseases. Omega-3 acids also help prevent blood clots which can lessen your chances of having strokes.
    Miscellaneous Benefits

The health benefits of eating salmon also include speeding up your metabolism. This facilitates your sugar absorption rate and can lower your blood sugar level. Which in turn lowers your risk of developing diabetes.
    The Omega-3 acids and amino acids help prevent macular degeneration. This is an age-related condition that affects older people that can result in vision damage and loss.
    If you want shiny hair, bright eyes and healthy skin salmon consumption can do provide that as well. Credit those Omega-3 fatty acids and selenium in the salmon for that.
    Four ounces of wild salmon gives you a full day’s required amount of Vitamin D. that same amount of salmon also gives you more than half of the B12, niacin and selenium that you need daily. In addition, that four ounce serving of salmon gives you almost thirty grams of protein. That is more than half of the Food and Drug Administration’s recommended daily amount.
    Conclusion

Salmon’s health benefits are far too many to ignore. It is power packed with disease fighting acids, minerals and vitamins. So whether you bake it, broil it, grill it or eat it raw salmon is a powerful addition to your healthy lifestyle.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    It's been 4 days since i start this journey again living a bodybuilder and warrior lifestyle, I wake up at 6 in the morning and get at the gym around 06:30 am. Im not hitting the weights just yet, im focusing on cardio and Boxing.

My diet schedule is not made out yet for im still getting my mind ready for this life style so im just eating clean and drinking water.

So far since Monday i lost 2.5 pounds, dropping the water

few years ago when i was on point my average was 5 pounds a week, but im trying to keep it 2.5 to 3 pounds.

I drinking veggie shakes, taking fish oil, multi vit's, Caffeine and Green tea with Bcaa's right now
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    yea i think im gonna do that WP

good thread by the way, i been lurking
  • Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    It's been 4 days since i start this journey again living a bodybuilder and warrior lifestyle, I wake up at 6 in the morning and get at the gym around 06:30 am. Im not hitting the weights just yet, im focusing on cardio and Boxing.

My diet schedule is not made out yet for im still getting my mind ready for this life style so im just eating clean and drinking water.

So far since Monday i lost 2.5 pounds, dropping the water

few years ago when i was on point my average was 5 pounds a week, but im trying to keep it 2.5 to 3 pounds.

I drinking veggie shakes, taking fish oil, multi vit's, Caffeine and Green tea with Bcaa's right now

Congrats on your 2.5lbs.... Question, can you get sick from eating fish everyday? Im asking because I might want to try eating salmon on a daily basics. You know, eating too much of one particular food can make you sick....
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    yea i think im gonna do that WP

good thread by the way, i been lurking

Thanks, feel free to add to the thread about knowledge or anything i dont care it's about Yoga (and yes i will be starting yoga down the line) or gymnastics, healthy foods, marital arts ect...
    Congrats on your 2.5lbs.... Question, can you get sick from eating fish everyday? Im asking because I might want to try eating salmon on a daily basics. You know, eating too much of one particular food can make you sick....

You might get sick of eating fish everyday if you cook it the same way, but you wont get sick by having a mea.l now with any food if you eat lot servings of the same meal you might get sick to the stomach.

here's some Healthy Salmon Recipes you can cook to add to the variety of styles http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_salmon_recipes
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    I love this song by dead prez, i play this everyday at 6am when i wake for the gym and the days when i want to quit, it reminds me why i do this and it gives me inspriation

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    good thread
    dropping gems
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    THIS SHOULD BE THE FIRST SUPPLEMENT YOU BUY AND TAKE EVERY MORNING, WITH OUT THIS YOU HUSTLING ASS BACKWARDS.

The Importance Of Multivitamins Benefits
    Supplements
    There are plenty of Multivitamins Benefits when you are building your body through weight training or cardiovascular exercise. When you are on a low calorie diet or lifting heavy weights for gaining muscle mass, it is hard to get the right amount of vitamins and minerals from the food you eat. Not only do you need vitamins and minerals to keep your body running good, they are also important for growth and maintenance of your muscles. Plus, vitamins and minerals aid in the loss of stubborn body fat by boosting your metabolism. The multivitamins benefits will take your bodybuilding routine to the next level.

The major vitamins and minerals that will aid you in your bodybuilding process are…
    Vitamin A
    Vitamin B Complex
    vitamin C
    Vitamin D
    Vitamin E
    Zinc
    Magnesium
    Copper
    Potassium
    Of course there are many more vitamins and minerals that play a role in the success of your bodybuilding but, these are the major ones that have a great impact in muscle growth and metabolism. Multivitamins benefits have different positive effects on your body other then muscle building however, we will not get into that in this article. I will only discuss the benefits that these multivitamins and minerals have on a bodybuilding stand point. In another article down the road, I will discuss vitamins and minerals in more detail to the effect of muscle building.

Vitamin A

When building muscle, the purpose is for the protein from the food you eat to go to your muscles. Without vitamin A, 60 percent of the protein you digest will go to waste. When you want to gain a lot of muscle mass fast, vitamin A will help. Vitamin A also helps in the breaking down of the muscle cells and the transformation of protein into muscle. When you workout, the cells in your muscles needs to be broken down and split. This vitamin will help in that process. Once the muscle cells are broken down, they are ready for the protein to be shuttle into the damaged muscle for repair. The transformation of protein turning into actually muscle will be aided greatly by a sufficient amount of vitamin A. Vitamin A is a big part of the multivitamins benefits you will receive. When looking for foods to eat with Vitamin A, try cod liver oil.

Vitamin B Complex

Vitamin B complex is what converts your stored fat cells into energy. Instead of using other means of energy, vitamin B complex makes use of your stored energy and uses it for energy. Which in turn, helps you lose that stubborn belly fat faster when working out. Vitamin B complex also manages your body metabolism for the digestion of protein.

In addition, Vitamin B complex takes the protein, carbohydrates, and fats that you get from your foods and transforms them into energy that the body needs.

Finally, this vitamin helps in the transformation of certain substances from your body and turns that into insulin and growth hormones that is essential for energy and faster muscle growth. You will get a lot of multivitamins benefits from Vitamin B complex.

Vitamin C

Vitamin C takes the cholesterol that you digest from your body and transformation it into a natural steroidal hormone that the body uses for gaining muscle mass. This steroidal hormone is nothing like the steroids you have heard about. It is a natural process in your body that helps build muscles and helps in the recovery of your muscles. Vitamin C has a lot of antioxidants that will help your body stay healthy throughout your weight lifting endeavor.

Vitamin D

The main purpose of Vitamin D is that it helps produce insulin that the amino acids takes into the muscles.

Vitamin E

Vitamin E is very important to the energy you get before you workout. It increases your endurance. Which is important not only when you want to lose weight through cardiovascular exercise but also when you want to circuit train with weights. Not only does vitamin E give you endurance but it helps maintain that stamina and energy throughout your workout. The reason vitamin E is important for energy output is because it helps carries oxygen to the blood cells. And, it helps testosterone from being broken down. This process aids your red blood cells and gives you steady and longer energy.
    Zinc

Zinc helps transport Vitamin A from your liver to the the parts of your body that is in need. In addition, it keeps your testosterone levels high.

Magnesium

Without magnesium, your muscles will not be able to contract to the best of their ability. It helps produce a compound called Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) which is the prime source of energy in the muscles. Magnesium also increases your growth hormone.

Copper

This mineral helps convert cholesterol into testosterone. It also helps in the repair of muscle tissue and gives your body aid in a strong immune system. In addition, copper helps absorb new iron into the liver so the stored (used) iron can be released.

Potassium

You may of heard people talk about potassium but never really understood what the benefits were when it came to bodybuilding. Sure, it will give you energy and eating a banana before running will help with craps during cardiovascular exercise but, it dose more.

First, potassium releases insulin from the pancreas, which is directly responsible for the proper amino acids to go to the muscles.

Second, it increases the strength in your muscle contractions.

Third, it aids in the growth of your muscles during your workout.

Well, that is a basic list of some vitamins and minerals that is full of multivitamins benefits that the body needs in order to not only increase your muscles mass during your weight training but also aids in weight loss when you preform cardiovascular exercises.

Buying multivitamins is a good idea when you are on a low calorie diet and trying to get ripped. Since your calories are cut dramatically, your body is not receiving enough vitamins and minerals to effectively maintain your muscle mass. That is only the beginning of how multivitamins benefits can effect your workout.

In addition, many other health concerns arise when you are not getting enough vitamins into your system. I also recommend buying multivitamins when you are weight training for mass or even for your everyday living. The multivitamins benefits is not only for building and maintaining muscles but also for living a healthy life. It is difficult to get the proper amount of vitamins that is required in a day with any diet. So, if you want to live a more healthier life and have an edge on the competition when it comes to bodybuilding, I would strongly recommend adding multivitamins into your daily dietary routine. The multivitamins benefits you get from it is amazing.

Henry Chervenka
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    WELL THE GAME SAID "SHE WOULDN'T GET FAR" it seems that Vida Guerra is leaving the smutted world of a video vixen into a Fitness Performer and it seems she taking this serious, Here's she training for The USA'S Fitness bikini model.

Come on fella's you aint think im going to drop some eye candy here and there, A as long she life's a healthy life i wish her the best. The Bikini Model and Fitness Models can make a decent career.

• waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Alright, before i go any further i like to say that a person should always check with their doctor before using a supplement, or go get a physical and research the product that they are using Dietary supplements should not be used instead of prescription medicine.

If you have health problems and take these products, you may put yourself at risk.
    Talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist if you:
    are pregnant or nursing a baby
    take other supplements or medicines
    are having surgery
    have diabetes
    have high blood pressure
    have any other health problems.

Again we all are different, RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH AND RESEARCH SOME MORE. I deal with the science of things and i do not discriminate some legal and some not legal, i will talk and touch on a whole lot of ? , the benefits and danger. If you younger than 21 stick to the basics you have enough Test in your body to grow like a ? tree. Your health and body is way more important than a quick fix.

Remember an antidote can be a poison and a Poison can be a antidote it's all about knowledge and knowing your body with
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    WELL THE GAME SAID "SHE WOULDN'T GET FAR" it seems that Vida Guerra is leaving the smutted world of a video vixen into a Fitness Performer and it seems she taking this serious, Here's she training for The USA'S Fitness bikini model.

Come on fella's you aint think im going to drop some eye candy here and there, A as long she life's a healthy life i wish her the best. The Bikini Model and Fitness Models can make a decent career.

One more time for the mind...
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Can Caffeine Help You Lose Weight?

You've probably noticed that caffeine is a staple ingredient in many popular diet pills as well as homemade fat-burning stacks. And you've probably also heard experts suggest that you drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages to help you lose weight. All of this begs the question, can caffeine really help you lose weight?

The answer is yes. And it primarily helps you lose weight in two ways:

1. By Boosting Your Metabolism

Ingesting caffeine jumpstarts the process of lipolysis, which is when your body releases free fatty acids into the bloodstream. This occurs when your body is breaking down your fat stores to convert it into energy. In other words, caffeine boosts your metabolism slightly and helps you burn fat.2

2. By Giving You An Energy Boost

If there's one thing that everyone knows about coffee and similar beverages and pills, it's that caffeine is a stimulant. It increases alertness and wards off drowsiness temporarily, which means that you can perform certain tasks for longer.

However, this isn't just limited to mental tasks. This includes physical tasks as well, such as running or lifting weights. This means a little shot of caffeine can give you the energy you need to give 100% during your workout. And giving 100% in the gym means you'll get the results you want more quickly.

So now that we've established that caffeine can indeed help you with your weight loss efforts, that brings us to the next question...

How Much Caffeine Do You Need?

This is a bit tricky to answer, since different people react to caffeine in different ways. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about - some people drink one cup of coffee and they get all hopped up for hours. Others can drink cup after cup all day long with seemingly very little effect.

Tip: If you're someone who drinks a lot of caffeine and thus you have a high tolerance for it, you may want to consider first breaking your addiction and letting your body get used to no caffeine for a while. That way, when you eventually do ingest a small amount of caffeine you'll actually benefit from the effects.

If you don't regularly ingest a lot of caffeine, then a couple hundred milligrams will likely produce noticeable effects. You may want to start with 100 milligrams to see how it goes, then up your intake to 200 milligrams. You can then increase the dose by 50 milligrams if you're still not feeling any effects.

Caffeine:
    Sorted By Top Sellers.
    Not just a stimulant, this powerful substance reaches deep into the muscle cell to provide lasting power and delaying the onset of muscle fatigue.

[ Caffeine Sorted By Top Sellers ]
    You can get your caffeine in various forms, including:

Pills
    Energy drinks
    Coffee
    Tea
    Various foods
    Shampoos and soaps (No kidding!)
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    But Here's The Problem...

Unless you're taking your caffeine in pill form or in a standardized liquid, it's hard to tell how much caffeine you're actually getting. Coffee has considerably more caffeine than tea or chocolate. However, different coffee brands and even different roasts have varying levels of caffeine, so it's difficult to say for sure exactly how much caffeine is in each cup. A good rule of thumb, however, is to figure that each cup of coffee has about 80 to 125 milligrams of caffeine.

A Good Rule Of Thumb, However, Is To Figure That Each
    Cup Of Coffee Has About 80 To 125 Milligrams Of Caffeine.
    As such, if you want to ingest your caffeine through coffee, start with just one cup to see how you feel. If needed, you may drink a cup or two extra to boost your energy and alertness. Personally, I sometimes like to add coffee to my protein shake. It's tasty and gives me just the boost I need to have a great workout!

Caffeine Is Awesome - But Be Careful

We've established that caffeine can boost your weight-loss efforts. But it can also hinder them if you make these mistakes...

Getting Caffeine Via Sugary Or High-Calorie Drinks

If you're getting your caffeine through a sugary energy drink or a high-calorie fancy coffee (like a cappuccino), then you're doing more harm than good. It's better to stick with black coffee or even caffeine pills.

If You're Getting Your Caffeine Through A Sugary Energy Drink Or A High-Calorie Fancy Coffee Then You're Doing More Harm Than Good.

Taking In Too Much Caffeine

Too much caffeine is harmful to your health. It can make your heart race, make you feel jittery and give you a whole host of other symptoms like nausea. If you don't normally ingest caffeine, then just start with small amounts to see how your body reacts. And even if you're used to it, be sure that you don't overdose.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Using Caffeine When You're In A "High Risk" Group

If you're pregnant, have heart problems, or you have other vulnerabilities or illnesses, talk to your doctor first before taking caffeine.

Getting Addicted To Caffeine

Caffeine is a drug, specifically a stimulant. As such, it beats up on certain systems in your body. And if you stop taking it after using it consistently, you'll quickly feel the withdrawal effects (such as headaches). As such, you need to monitor how much you use to be sure you don't get addicted or develop a high tolerance.

Click To Enlarge.
    If You Stop Taking Caffeine After Using It Consistently, You'll Quickly Feel The Withdrawal Effects (Such As Headaches).

So Here's The Bottom Line...

If you're not currently drinking coffee or getting caffeine in other ways, you don't need to start ingesting it. You can enjoy good weight-loss and fitness results without it.

However, if you're already a coffee drinker or you otherwise ingest caffeine regularly, the good news is that you don't have to stop. Since it seems to be more beneficial than harmful - and because it does give you a slight edge in the gym - you can keep enjoying your caffeine. Just be sure to do it in moderation so as to avoid getting addicted.

References:

Kirchheimer, Sid. Reviewed by Michael W. Smith, MD. (2004) "Coffee, the New Health Food?" WebMD Feature Archive. Accessed September, 2010.
    "Caffeine". The Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics Knowledge Base. http://www.pharmgkb.org.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011

If you are overweight and looking for a pick-me-up that may also support your body burning a few extra calories, look no further than a commonly used substance worldwide: caffeine. Learn more below...
    By: Marie Spano
    Aug 17, 2010

What Is Caffeine?

Caffeine is a xanthine alkaloid compound that stimulates the central nervous system, temporarily increasing alertness. It is the most widely consumed legal psychoactive agent (a substance that affects brain functioning) in the nation.

Caffeine is found in the beans, fruit or leaves of over 60 plants and therefore, caffeine may not be listed on the label of a supplement or functional food but instead, you may see some of the following listed: guarana berries, mat, chocolate or cocoa, Camilla sinensis (the leaves of this plant are used to make tea) or kola nut. Some of these plant-based sources of caffeine include other stimulants as well including theophylline and theobromine.

The most notorious use of caffeine is to support mental alertness and help ward off mental fatigue. However, there are many other potential applications as well.

Caffeine is used to fight the mental and physical fatigue of training (traditional athletic training or military training), support other issues associated with eccentric exercise and support glycogen resynthesis.

In addition, caffeine can be found in weight loss products, energy drinks and combined with analgesics for treating headaches.

Is It Safe?

In the United States, caffeine is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS). However, each individual's ability to tolerate caffeine differs. Some people experience negative side effects after ingesting very small quantities of caffeine while others can drink a ? of coffee a day with no problem (though this isn't recommended!).

Doses of 250 - 300 mg or more per day can lead to a rapid, irregular heartbeat and difficulty sleeping. Ingesting extreme quantities, 10 - 14 grams (or 150-200 mg per kg body weight) can lead to death.

It is recommended that pregnant women consume below 300 mg of caffeine per day. Caffeine in high doses can lead to spontaneous abortion, low birth weight and/or premature birth.

In addition, experts recommend the following individuals avoid caffeine altogether: those with anxiety disorders, cardiac problems, glaucoma and high blood pressure. Caffeine can increase the risk of adverse side effects when taken with certain over the counter or prescription drugs including diethylpropion (Tenuate), epinephrine, phentermine (Ionamin) and pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), stimulants, riluzole (Rilutek) phenylpropanolamine and clozapine.

Therefore, it is always wise to check with your personal physician if you are concerned about your caffeine intake or caffeine's potential interaction with a medical condition or medication.

Many supplements and beverages do not indicate how much caffeine is in them. If you are concerned, call the company and ask.

In a USDA study that examined the caffeine content of energy drinks, researchers found that these beverages, in general, contain the amount of caffeine commonly found in sodas and coffee drinks.

However, supplements containing caffeine varied wildly from less than 200 mg per serving (the majority of supplements studied fell into this category) to over 800 mg (one supplement).

Each Individual's Ability To Tolerate Caffeine Differs. Some People
    Experience Negative Side Effects After Ingesting Very Small Quantities Of Caffeine While Others Can Drink A ? Of Coffee A Day With No Problem.