Any tips on staying consistent, disciplined

Options
Hypernova
Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Weight Room
I know it sounds easy but my weakness is hopeless inconsistency. I'll be a diligent maniac for several months and then I'll take long breaks being a complete and utter lazy ? . Any advice for maintaining on that narrow and disciplined path of consistency? :confused:

For perspective: I'm 220 right now. 3 months ago I was 170. I've been down to 155 and my optimum weight is around 160. 5 months from now I'll probably be in the upper 160's.

Comments

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I know it sounds easy but my weakness is hopeless inconsistency. I'll be a diligent maniac for several months and then I'll take long breaks being a complete and utter lazy ? . Any advice for maintaining on that narrow and disciplined path of consistency? :confused:

Try to establish a routine. Procrastination is an epidemic in this society.
  • Hypernova
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Try to establish a routine. Procrastination is an epidemic in this society.

It's something I have to defeat
  • Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited October 2011
    Options
    write messages on your bathroom mirror. i know, sounds weird but its the first thing you see and the last thing you see at night. Anything that inspires you to continue in your routine. Its like a nice little bump for the road.
  • Hypernova
    edited October 2011
    Options
    write messages on your bathroom mirror. i know, sounds weird but its the first thing you see and the last thing you see at night. Anything that inspires you to continue in your routine. Its like a nice little bump for the road.

Interesting method bruh, I'll employ it. I'll post the objectives on sticky notes and place em on the mirror though
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i think its all down to your diet, i find im good aslong as i stick to a healthy diet, fruit & fish ect.... stay away from junk food. treating your body well. like when i go off my diet for 1 day, i find it twice as hard to workout.

thats my personal way of staying disciplined. that and make a perfect workout playlist on itunes...

Find inspiration in books, historical figures through history. gets you in the mind frame "if they did this, i can do this easily"
  • Hypernova
    edited October 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    i think its all down to your diet, i find im good aslong as i stick to a healthy diet, fruit & fish ect.... stay away from junk food. treating your body well. like when i go off my diet for 1 day, i find it twice as hard to workout.

thats my personal way of staying disciplined. that and make a perfect workout playlist on itunes...

Find inspiration in books, historical figures through history. gets you in the mind frame "if they did this, i can do this easily"

That's true
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Put a picture of yourself at your fattest at the fridge.....But for real son get rid of all the bad ? in the house. Replace it with healthy stuff so you have no choice but to eat that when your at home. Everything that is unhealthy for you has a healthy alternative. You can have your cheat meals just don't over do it.

As far as working out go get a workout buddy. Because I know when I have someone to workout with I usually throw more weight up. And in all honesty treat it like a part time gig you just have to do it.
  • Hypernova
    edited October 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Put a picture of yourself at your fattest at the fridge.....But for real son get rid of all the bad ? in the house. Replace it with healthy stuff so you have no choice but to eat that when your at home. Everything that is unhealthy for you has a healthy alternative. You can have your cheat meals just don't over do it.

As far as working out go get a workout buddy. Because I know when I have someone to workout with I usually throw more weight up. And in all honesty treat it like a part time gig you just have to do it.

You see, that's the main problem right there.

Lol, you guys have gave 'ol Lo a game plan, time to go to work on it.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Motivation is the key, fam. Ask yourself this: do you want to be in the best shape of your life or do you want to be like some of these people out here that's approaching(if not already) 1,000 lbs and can't move around at all?
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    good thread
    been thinking the same thing