A good workout for you AND your spouse????

Options
renagade410.
renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Weight Room
Basically me and my girl have grown a lil too comfortable in our relationship(been together 4 years) and we have both fell out of shape. We started working out but i use to be very athletic and an extreme limit pusher while she was more of a homebody. With the weird hours we both work usually the only free time we have to work out is when we are both off. So we decided to work out together. Problem is the workouts seem to not fit us both.

Im usually doing either p 90x or insanity but she cant hang with neither. So we tried her workouts which were basically cardio games on the wii and all those types of things....i didnt get any burn from it. Last resort was running...she did about a quarter mile then called the quits and i usually do a minimum of 3 miles. The crazy part is shes actually more in shape than me(from a being close to your ideal weight perspective) but she cant really do any "tough" workouts.

Is there any workouts that you know of that can meet the needs of a man and a woman?????

Comments

• Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Basically me and my girl have grown a lil too comfortable in our relationship(been together 4 years) and we have both fell out of shape. We started working out but i use to be very athletic and an extreme limit pusher while she was more of a homebody. With the weird hours we both work usually the only free time we have to work out is when we are both off. So we decided to work out together. Problem is the workouts seem to not fit us both.

Im usually doing either p 90x or insanity but she cant hang with neither. So we tried her workouts which were basically cardio games on the wii and all those types of things....i didnt get any burn from it. Last resort was running...she did about a quarter mile then called the quits and i usually do a minimum of 3 miles. The crazy part is shes actually more in shape than me(from a being close to your ideal weight perspective) but she cant really do any "tough" workouts.

Is there any workouts that you know of that can meet the needs of a man and a woman?????

Yoga!!! It will be a challenge for both of you. She will like it because it is nothing but stretching. You will like it because it will tone you in place you didnt know exist and if you go to a class. EYE CANDY. You will still be able to throw in some pushups and pull-up if you need some strenght training.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    wii can give u some burn lol
    but hogan and his wife went to the gym together on the show
    so it can be fruitful for both of u
    try reading some books from the library or old mags on exercise and see if u all get any new ideas
    but bicycles or rollerblading or swimming can be done as a couple too