Nas is crazy if he think he could have beaten this man...

Options
123457»

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What real story? I been in NYC damn near my whole life, so what real story you know? That you can type a ? opinion that majority in NYC will laugh at? Yoi ? just type ? to be typing.

Talk to any emcee from NY and they'll let you know the truth. Nobody ? with Jay.

Busta Rhymes
    Camron
    Mos Def
    Ghostface
    Jadakiss
    Nas
    DMX
    Styles P
    Method Man
    Raekwon
    LL
    etc.

NONE of them put JayZ in their top anything. He's not considered this great rapper that y'all make him out to be OUTSIDE of NY. He's just the good businessman dude who used rap as a hustle. Bar for bar, he's not special at all.

Like I said earlier, he's the Lil Wayne of the 90's. He's good, but fairweather fans put him in that great category because he's the one that takes up the spotlight.
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Brooklyn rides for Jay and Big. I don't know how queens views Nas or 50 or how the numbers are sales wise with each artist in each borough. I know dipset ran Harlem and had great influence in Brooklyn too . More people are purest then you would expect and don't really check for Jay at all. With that said, WTT been getting heavy rotation in bk. People be saying the rap seen is dead in NY but i don't think they realize that dancehall is a far bigger scene even amongst African Americans. Nas my fav artist but i don't hear too many people checking for him out here.

Also, the reviews were mixed when it came to takeover\Supaugly vs Ether. Many people went with takeover mainly cuz it was a club banger. If you wanna talk about the music in the streets vs the net. Most people don't didn't give a ? about this beef. Tupac vs Big had way more impact on the publics perception.

Cosign, Dipset was HUGE. The hottest rap group since Wu. And NY hasn't checked for Jay since Black Album, unless you talking about the goofy dudes that bump the commercial ? . The American Eagle, skinny jeans crew. Then yeah, I have seen them bumpin garbage ass WTT, SMH.
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    im still trying to figure out why biggie didnt speak on that ballerina dude who ? his wife and had him saying christopher jr may be pac's child. the biggie/nas spat is peanuts to what was happening on the surface of NY. i dont understand why everybody is beating off on kick in the door when fat ass was begging for Nas help to defeat pac.

I'm still trying to figure this out. People saying Big will eat Nas in a battle, yet he was asking Nas for bars to hit Pac with.
    I would imagine Biggie didnt address Pac directly cuz:

A) Pac was fake and being used by Jimmy and Suge
    B) BIG was running around with the people who shot him
    C) Making records about people you have real beef with is ?

On topic tho, since this thread isnt about Nas vs Jay or BIG vs Pac....

BIG was a better battle rapper than Nas and Nas did switch his style up to be more like BIG, Raekwon, and Jay.

'Took home Ready to Die, listened, studied ? '

Biggie was fake, and didn't live ANYTHING he said in his rhymes. Biggie can't battle rap, idk where you got that from. He battled one dude in Pac and lost.

You threw Jay's name in there forgetting that Jay was a secretary during that time ... STOP IT 5! Nas did borrow from Biggie, Rae, and Ghost, but they all did the same to Nas.

Big stole his damn album cover!
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tommy in here so i know u reason ? caught feelings...BIG Jay > Nas > Pac
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nas >>>> Biggie...

Ambitions 11,1,11

? 4 Gives I Don't Dec 13
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Talk to any emcee from NY and they'll let you know the truth. Nobody ? with Jay.

Busta Rhymes
    Camron
    Mos Def
    Ghostface
    Jadakiss
    Nas
    DMX
    Styles P
    Method Man
    Raekwon
    LL
    etc.

NONE of them put JayZ in their top anything. He's not considered this great rapper that y'all make him out to be OUTSIDE of NY. He's just the good businessman dude who used rap as a hustle. Bar for bar, he's not special at all.

Like I said earlier, he's the Lil Wayne of the 90's. He's good, but fairweather fans put him in that great category because he's the one that takes up the spotlight.

Cosign, Dipset was HUGE. The hottest rap group since Wu. And NY hasn't checked for Jay since Black Album, unless you talking about the goofy dudes that bump the commercial ? . The American Eagle, skinny jeans crew. Then yeah, I have seen them bumpin garbage ass WTT, SMH.

I'm still trying to figure this out. People saying Big will eat Nas in a battle, yet he was asking Nas for bars to hit Pac with.

Biggie was fake, and didn't live ANYTHING he said in his rhymes. Biggie can't battle rap, idk where you got that from. He battled one dude in Pac and lost.

You threw Jay's name in there forgetting that Jay was a secretary during that time ... STOP IT 5! Nas did borrow from Biggie, Rae, and Ghost, but they all did the same to Nas.

Big stole his damn album cover!

If you even call that a battle. Last I checked two people had to take part in it to be a battle. To me it looked one sided as Hell. Pac ripped that ? continuously while Biggie dissed the ? back after he died. ? coward. I mean he a good rapper but had no heart. He was so subliminal wit kick in the door you couldn't even tell he was talkin bout Nas.
  • jek
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tommy in here so i know u reason ? caught feelings...BIG Jay > Nas > Pac

He the one caught feelings cuz I pointed out to him Big more of a ? than Pac was. Now he pouting talkin bout I ain't reading your post no more. Lol
  • jek
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nas and Pac on a tag team diss track would murder Big and Jay and yall know it
  • blaq diemenz
    blaq diemenz Members Posts: 208 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Exactly

"In 88 u was gettin chased in ya building" - FALSE that ill agree with

"I gave u a style for you to run wit" -

TRU (it was written mafia style hip hop jay used for reasonable doubt jay will cosign he was influence by ob4cl and iww)

"You 36 in a karate class" - FALSE
    (and i take tybo jayz - girls girls girl) nas then called him a tybo ? - tru

"Compared to beans u wack"- FALSE
    (well in 2000 ? thought bean was going to carry the roc ) so at 2001 it was a? point

"Eminem murdered you on yo own ? " -FALSE
    ( do u even rememebr jayz verse on renagades?? man i listen to the royce version more then jayz) man eminem got a source verse of the month for that joint.

And Az's verse>>>>>> nas verse on life a B (
    and Az has outshine nas on a bunch of tracks and so?) didnt freeway murk jay on what we do cam ron di d jay on welcome to nyc dmx got jay on money cash hoes shoot even mic geronimo on its time to built outdid jayz it means WHAT?? nothing

Jigga got nas on takeover wit facts
    well jay had some ? marks on that 2 dont front
  • blaq diemenz
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80EkwNU2PI

Aint no coming back from a second verse like that man.BIG wouldda destroyed Nas.

mind you that 1st line was at nas most of the 2nd verse was at jeru the damaja /ghostface/raekwon
    shot he even caled out premmo for rollin with jeru tha damaja on that 2nd verse
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Exactly

"In 88 u was gettin chased in ya building" - FALSE Actually that is true. The year is wrong but Haitan Jack (the well known rapper extortionist along with Jimmy Henchman) chased Jay through his own projects

"I gave u a style for you to run wit" - FALSE

"You 36 in a karate class" - FALSE again thats sort of true. Jay did take a Tae-Bo class.

"Compared to beans u wack"- FALSE Thats argueable, not overall better but Beans would eat Jay on every track that they where on together. Thats why Jay quit putting Beans on tracks with him.

"Eminem murdered you on yo own ? " -FALSE How is that not true. Everybody knows Em killed that ? .

And Az's verse>>>>>> nas verse on life a B

So that made no sense regardless

Jigga got nas on takeover wit facts
    The facts are Jay was hurt when Ether dropped Rocafella artist confirmed that. The ? Jay got on the radio sounding hurt as hell. All Jay did was ? with the wrong ? and got his asswhipped.
  • Just2C
    edited October 2011
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80EkwNU2PI

Aint no coming back from a second verse like that man.BIG wouldda destroyed Nas.

Big only went as Nas on like the last 4 bars. The majority of tha song was aimed at Jeru da Damaja.

Nas wouldve killed BIG in a battle. Nas shutdown a freestyle session between the 2 (words of Lil Cease) BIG bowed out of that session.
  • Just2C
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thewave19 wrote: »
    Dude tried to follow so bad he decided to smash his baby moms

Wat type of ? is that? And ? gonna brag?

Jay - a stan

Exactly....Jay was hurt that Nas turned him down for features twice (Reasonable Doubt/ In My Lifetime Vol.1) and he still sampled him. So he went in ? Nas BM. If that isnt some stanning I dont know what is.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Bottom Line is this

If u wanna hear music that will help the worst insomniacs go to sleep and raps about moons,tombs,rocks,quasars and king tut bump nas

If u wanna hear a rapper wit the illest flow since Biggie da GOAT who talks about bangin mad hoes,celebrating life and makin dough listen to jigga

I fully understand why some of these geeks hate jigga they cant relate to what he talk about

Also its No point in debating the past jigga won

Basically ..geek ? cant relate to real ? .These same dudes waiting on Canibus to blow..this is the ic afterall.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    Big only went as Nas on like the last 4 bars. The majority of tha song was aimed at Jeru da Damaja.

Nas wouldve killed BIG in a battle. Nas shutdown a freestyle session between the 2 (words of Lil Cease) BIG bowed out of that session.

The bold point is true as well as everything else in the post above. LOL @ these revisionism Hip Hop threads...Big wouldn't stood a chance against Nas and no matter how many times the Takeover/Ether argument pops up, history cannot be changed. Jay-Z even knows that...he tries to by making pointless ? arguments like "Takeover was the better song" but "Ether" was the better diss and broke down Jay spiritually and psychologically to the point he won't even name names anymore when he disses (i.e. Lil Wayne, Game, etc.) So what makes you think Big wouldn't got the same treatment?

But continue on with the revisionism...
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    no i dont see how that works because those ? i listed ? Jay Z's wife. first you was cool with spreading the salon stories about how Nas should hold his head in shame but when a ? remind yall that Jay Z married a ? with more miles than Carmen yall want to pull out elementary school mama jokes in defense. and as far as the codiene ratio goes ask beyonce cause she was sipping and sucking off these ? on the video set while Jay Z had his face in a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD foxy brown ?

is that your ? Jay????????. smh @ jay z being proud of south houston leftovers. Beyonce been ridin plenty ? in Hermann Park before the Biggie and Pac beef.

Whoooaaa...I never seen that video...but yeah...Jay was playing ? for a minute with Fox Boogie.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Bottom Line is this

If u wanna hear music that will help the worst insomniacs go to sleep and raps about moons,tombs,rocks,quasars and king tut bump nas

If u wanna hear a rapper wit the illest flow since Biggie da GOAT who talks about bangin mad hoes,celebrating life and makin dough listen to jigga

I fully understand why some of these geeks hate jigga they cant relate to what he talk about

Also its No point in debating the past jigga won

Your post is over saturated with so much ? I have to laugh at it...
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Basically ..geek ? cant relate to real ? .These same dudes waiting on Canibus to blow..this is the ic afterall.

So you're telling me the game's most hated artist don't have bars yo?

yo, you crazy kid...canibus could eat em all including Em...

He just got the shoulders and back when he tried to go at LL

Which is funny cause LL, thought his verse in that 4,3,2,1 track was aimed at him

when it was more like homage...
  • blaq diemenz
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No he didnt to murder jigga is implying jiggas verses was completely wack on renegade and he got outshined

Which is not what happened

Jae millz 'murdered' buddens on 6 minutes of death

Big sike 'murdered' tupac on all eyez on me and cradle to the grave

Those are 2 examples where the guest completely obliterated the track

big syke ? iz u serious ?? that was a terrible verse he messed the track up n yes em mudered it jay didnt
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lakey da kid clapped nas on that why track in 04

Everybody ? on nas

Jigga got em,pac garbage raps made duke cry,biggie got em wit 2 verses,cormega,camron,mobb deep,nore,50 etc

Least respected rapper in the game thats why he will never be goat only to his geek ass online fanbase

They like hearing wack raps about pharoahs, pyramids and sand and Lmao @ how mad nas groupies are right now

? outta here, how do you figure big "got him"? A couple subliminal lines really thats all it took? Megas emotional ass couldnt keep nas' name out his mouth and thats why no one really gave a ? about a mega diss to nas, mobb deep? you talking about thun n kicko? already been confirmed he wasnt going at nas, nas put him in his place on destroy n rebuild, nore? your talking about the flower ? ?? because you know as well as i do nore could never get at nas on a track, camron is irrelevant and put nas in his top 5 after, 50 is where hes at because of nas and his garbage rhymes shouldnt even be mentioned, and do i have to post the video of jay crying on the radio station after ether?? jay lost fool

read up on your history ? , find out what happened when biggie and nas were freestyling at a hotel

^^^22 seconds in
  • blaq diemenz
    edited October 2011
    Options
    WHAT? Dog u trollin

You are a TROLL and now I will never read your posts 1st u called biggie a ? and try to say he was just as much of a ? as tupac

The same pac who spit at cameras holdin his jersey up wit his pants hangin off his ass like an idiot

The worst double cd is aeom then the art of war and why are u so upset lil boy?
    You're done

yo son u are almost posting complete nonsince almost as bad as the kid that posted this
    It kind of speaks for itself.
    Jay's biggest single ever was big pimpin and he needed bun b to even make that song hot.
    His newest singles like run this town and empire state of mind should not count because he wasn't even on the hook.

Soulja Boy influenced a whole generation and got all of us into the wild new dances like supaman dat hoe!!! Amongst others.
    Every single he puts out is an instant classic in the mainstream world.

Think about this question seriously, Who's music will you really remember?
    Maybe youll remember jay biting the beatles and making a BLACK album... smh
    Other than that, his music is not timeless and SB's certainly is.

Everyone's afraid to say it.... im not.
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Big would have got him prob
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether proved that you can never underestimate Nas. I would favor Nas just on his track record as great as Big was he was only part of one major rap beef and he resorted subs. Not going to cut it.