Minister Farrakhan on White Supremacy in Christianity

Options
a.mann
a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Place your personal feelings and emotions aside. Listen closely

Now what are your honest thoughts and opinions on his words in this vid.

HIS WORDS.

NOT the man speaking them.

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    cant see the video but that other thread must have got to you
  • swishers&dank
    swishers&dank Members Posts: 189
    edited October 2011
    Options
    whites gave blacks christianity tha same way arabs gave blacks islam. sooo.......
  • a.mann
    edited October 2011
    Options
    cant see the video but that other thread must have got to you

it sparked my interest in sharing more of the man's view point here again.

for all his naysayers and even his own faults

alot of the ? he says just can't be denounced or defused
  • a.mann
    edited October 2011
    Options
    whites gave blacks christianity tha same way arabs gave blacks islam. sooo.......

whites didn't "give" us christianty

they USED it.

I ask ya'll to listen closely....guess i should have added FOCUS also.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think that Mr. Farrakhan is very limited in the scope of how Christianity has been manipulated. Sure, there are horrific ties to how Christianity was used to oppress all over US history, but it goes far deeper than the color of skin. If anything, the devil wants this divide between Whites and Blacks to be the focus. The devil wants people like Farrakhan (or the White Supremists groups for that matter) to continue make this a fight about color; to build a stigma that will always surface when Blacks and Whites see one another eye to eye.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    I think that Mr. Farrakhan is very limited in the scope of how Christianity has been manipulated. Sure, there are horrific ties to how Christianity was used to oppress all over US history, but it goes far deeper than the color of skin. If anything, the devil wants this divide between Whites and Blacks to be the focus. The devil wants people like Farrakhan (or the White Supremists groups for that matter) to continue make this a fight about color; to build a stigma that will always surface when Blacks and Whites see one another eye to eye.

and let the people say, "amen"
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think the biggest difference between Europeans/Christianity and Arabs(which really are Afriabs)/Islam is that Islam never put a face to Allah. Europeans made Jesus WHITE and made sure every slave knew he was white. People try to downplay that but it's really significant.
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think the biggest difference between Europeans/Christianity and Arabs(which really are Afriabs)/Islam is that Islam never put a face to Allah. Europeans made Jesus WHITE and made sure every slave knew he was white. People try to downplay that but it's really significant.

this is nonsense
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited October 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    whites didn't "give" us christianty

they USED it.

I ask ya'll to listen closely....guess i should have added FOCUS also.

whites actually did
  • fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited October 2011
    Options

Don't trust Christians or Muslims. Both have subjegated Africa & tried to separate us from the ways of our ancestors.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »

wtf you talkin bout? white people are the devils. how can we as blacks see eye to eye with whites when they dont want us on the same plain. some people are just so out of it i wonder why they are still alive.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    wtf you talkin bout? white people are the devils. how can we as blacks see eye to eye with whites when they dont want us on the same plain. some people are just so out of it i wonder why they are still alive.

...and that is what the devil wants. The truth is that a generation of white people have oppressed blacks. But the "confusion" he wants is to have people make color be the basis for their character, their personality. Besides that...we (Blacks) can't even see eye to eye and it's no different on the other side...and people act confused when their own people is taking from one another. It goes deeper than race.