Grand Theft Auto V

191011121315»

Comments

• vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Man who the ? told them realism was a good idea? How the hell is making it harder to aim in a car gonna make the game more fun for the player? Half the fun in GTA is driving to places as quickly as you can, how is penalising the player for that going to make the game more fun? Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna cop, but I'm not looking forward to it as much, I got a feeling the game isn't going to be much fun.

You would have thought after the borefest that was GTAIV they would have realised that realism was never the main selling point of GTA
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    ? FINALLY. If I'm hitting 90 in a 35 i want the police to at least attempt to pull me over.

bruh u gone see how much u miss them not bothering u when u just going about ur business, and if u run a stop light at the wrong time, that can ? up a mission.. u know GTA is littered with missions where u cant have a wanted level at all...

Not really, i was stopping at red lights anyway trying to make the game seem like a movie and hear the whole convo going in the car. Was a ? tho hearing packie say i drive like his grand ma ma.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    You would have thought after the borefest that was GTAIV they would have realised that realism was never the main selling point of GTA

The "overly realistic" GTA IV has moved over 22 million units wordlwide. Probably not the main selling point of the game but If theres anything Rockstar could have learned from this, its that the realistic ? sold like crazy.

I love the previous GTAs, too, but I thought the realism in IV was a nice touch and the tech was amazing. As big as this game will be and out of all the dope ? this game is gonna offer, lol @ cats here letting the possibility of getting a weak ass one-star wanted level for obvious speeding lower their anticipation for this game. And why are yall talking about the controls in GTA IV? This is GTA V, they'll probably tighten that ? up to compensate for the more strict driving mechanics if these rumors turn out true. I trust this studio after all the classics they put out.

• Valkyria
    Valkyria Members Posts: 120
    Man, ? that list. Next thing you know there will be racial profiling. I don't stay at work late to be aggravated and I'm not paying 64.19 for it either.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buncha ? scared of a police chase???? GTFOH just gives me more reason to ? the pigs... that was one of my favorite parts of all the GTAs killing cops
  • Valkyria
    Damn 2013 tho? Last one came out in O8 . Wtf is the hold up?

Max Payne? Its just next year.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Yo this ? said Bully tho, lol.

I hope they make an HD remake of Bully. I never finished it

they already have.

51Ni93jDbvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game takes more skill. You mad? No more ? on multiplayer going 60 miles per hour hitting accurate shots with ease.
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    After playing saints row 3 i have no problem with the realism.
    Yall diss realism but atleast when ur in gta 4 you could tell when your in certain parts of the city, and im suspecting GTA 5 to even feel realer since the difference in atmoshpere from beverly hills to south central is way more than the neighborhoods in gta 4.
    Lol @ you mad cuz you play games to escape reality. Its not our fault you have a ? life and need video games to escape into a fantasy world, foh ? crybaby
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    young law wrote: »
    damn
    xbox live got games like san andreas
    while

we on psn got such classics as spec ops and spyro the dragon

smh

i feel cheated
    aint that a ? ...but i will be buying this when it drops for sure
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    fans complain that gta 4 is broing and trying to hard to be realistic

what does rockstar do???

head even further in that direction

smh
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at the end of day we all getting them cheat codes
  • stoneface
    Dat1Dude7 wrote: »
    fans complain that gta 4 is broing and trying to hard to be realistic

what does rockstar do???

head even further in that direction

smh

Naw, just a few people here complain about that. That dont mean ? .

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    MR.CJ wrote: »

this ^^^
  • zay_24
    That multiplayer sounds beast tho my niggga!
    Me and my ? finna have a crew on their holdin south central down
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game takes more skill. You mad? No more ? on multiplayer going 60 miles per hour hitting accurate shots with ease.

call me whatever but id love some type of speedometer

• Valkyria
    MR.CJ wrote:

lol. I KNOW. There's the kicker. ? that. I want my trophies.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    stoneface wrote: »

The "overly realistic" GTA IV has moved over 22 million units wordlwide. Probably not the main selling point of the game but If theres anything Rockstar could have learned from this, its that the realistic ? sold like crazy.

I love the previous GTAs, too, but I thought the realism in IV was a nice touch and the tech was amazing. As big as this game will be and out of all the dope ? this game is gonna offer, lol @ cats here letting the possibility of getting a weak ass one-star wanted level for obvious speeding lower their anticipation for this game. And why are yall talking about the controls in GTA IV? This is GTA V, they'll probably tighten that ? up to compensate for the more strict driving mechanics if these rumors turn out true. I trust this studio after all the classics they put out.

It sold because of it's reputation coupled with some of the innovations that were made in the game, not for being realistic. There's no way, gameplay wise, GTA IV was more fun than San Andreas.

• CitySojourner
    edited March 2012
    zay_24 wrote: »
    Yall diss realism but atleast when ur in gta 4 you could tell when your in certain parts of the city, and im suspecting GTA 5 to even feel realer since the difference in atmoshpere from beverly hills to south central is way more than the neighborhoods in gta 4.
    Lol @ you mad cuz you play games to escape reality. Its not our fault you have a ? life and need video games to escape into a fantasy world, foh ? crybaby

When's the last time you rocked a jetpack?!?! It works both ways, Do you play games to get into reality? When I talk about realism i'm not talking about the graphics, i'm talking about fun gameplay. Too much realism can take the fun out of a game. I take two ? a day, doesn't mean I need that in my game for the sake of realism.

• zay_24

When's the last time you rocked a jetpack?!?! It works both ways, Do you play games to get into reality? When I talk about realism i'm not talking about the graphics, i'm talking about fun gameplay. Too much realism can take the fun out of a game. I take two ? a day, doesn't mean I need that in my game for the sake of realism.
    gta 4 was still better than saints row 3
    I dont even see how ? think gta 4 was a bad game?
  • CitySojourner

gta 4 was still better than saints row 3
    I dont even see how ? think gta 4 was a bad game?

I wouldn't say it's a bad game, but it was disappointing after playing San Andreas.

• stoneface
    edited March 2012
    It sold because of it's reputation coupled with some of the innovations that were made in the game, not for being realistic. There's no way, gameplay wise, GTA IV was more fun than San Andreas.

Man, I didnt say it sold because of realism. If you actually read my post, I said realism probably wasnt the main selling point but it sold like crazy, despite it. Yeah, GTA can sell on its rep alone but im sure the vast majority of people who played it were satisfied with it. Not everyone needs a game to be dumbed-down and goofy as ? to be fun, a lot of people enjoy the realistic tone. You can take guesses all day at why you believe it moved as much as it did but thats opinion. All Im saying is, the supposedly "too-realistic" GTA IV sold over 20 mil and counting and despite the whining from a few, was critically acclaimed. Thats fact. I just dont get why some of the people here act like Rockstar should look at the facts and believe that they did something wrong with GTA IV just because the gameplay didnt fit their own personal tastes. You cant make every last person happy.