Do you believe dinosaurs existed?

1131415161719»

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    who would have thought this thread would be so funny?
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    First off bro. ? Edgar Cayce. The ? predicted the founding of an island that had people on it already. Woopty ? doo. I speak in a general since about the practice of science which is a practice that you yourself can become a part of just by doing an experiment in your home. Dino bones have been discovered by people all over the world. These names are documented and easy to find.

Like these.
    http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/dinofossils/First.shtml

I just deleted what I said. Said enough, no problem with you believing what you want to. We just have different views. I"m cool with it.

I don't believe your source is more credible then mine.

So thats it. like I said you as a person can not name a person or a single scientist and tell me why you believe in what they are saying.

You don't need a link. Just give me a name or two and why you as a person believe in that persons word as a scientist.

Why is that scientist or those scientist correct ?

What can they be credited for to let me know they are legit and actually good at their job?( is there a problem with me asking this)

I put my side out there, so anything I say now would just be a repeat.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

I just deleted what I said. Said enough, no problem with you believing what you want to. We just have different views. I"m cool with it.

I don't believe your source is more credible then mine.

So thats it. like I said you as a person can not name a person or a single scientist and tell me why you believe in what they are saying.

You don't need a link. Just give me a name or two and why you as a person believe in that persons word as a scientist.

Why is that scientist or those scientist correct ?

What can they be credited for to let me know they are legit and actually good at their job?( is there a problem with me asking this)

I put my side out there, so anything I say now would just be a repeat.

You really have me confused with somebody that needs to worship a scientist. I don't follow anybody in particular like I'm some sort of fanboy. I'm about the data that science provides and the understanding of the method which is focused on understanding our reality. I'm about doing experiments to disprove a fact, if you question the veracity of somebodies work like any good scientist would. I don't require such feats because i can look at data without personal bias. I can honestly see the flaws in the data and most scientist are honest about the validity of shortcomings of their claims (or at least others will debunk them). I also don't plan on worshiping Dinos or traveling to the sun to see if it's really that hot.

Scientific discoveries are put into practice by engineers for you to enjoy. Like the internet. I'm not a science historian that needs to name check to understand how something works. I provided a link naming the people who first discovered (or documented) Dinos as requested and you tell me it's ? like that site has a reason to lie and it's not valid. Well ? yo links and your youtube videos ? . I don't need to name drop if i have an understanding of the process.

I can practice science rather then faun over scientist like you weirdos do with your flawed holy leaders. You should also try to figure things out on your own without defaulting to following the ideas of others and name checking to sound wise. Where are your original thoughts bro? Many of your holy leaders came up with those weird ass concepts on their own did they not? But please remember to prove what you discover before you pass off your ? as fact. P.S., if you wanna keep up on the latest scientific discoveries, learn to use the nets.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/

raptor-jesus4.jpg

raptor-jesus-2.jpg
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    The problem is, if you name a scientist and say their credibility is tied to their rigorous education, their long arduous career in their field, and their published peer-reviewed works, Edward is just going to say that scientist is obviously a part of the great dinosaur conspiracy to make museums money.

Museums aren't profitable at all outside of a few world-famous ones, but you see that's just a cover for the dinosaur conspiracy overall. They just want you to think they're not raking in the cash. The ditzy teenage girl tour guide who lead your junior high class around the Museum of Natural History in New York? Millionaire. Secret millionaire. Member of the conspiracy at the highest levels.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    The problem is, if you name a scientist and say their credibility is tied to their rigorous education, their long arduous career in their field, and their published peer-reviewed works, Edward is just going to say that scientist is obviously a part of the great dinosaur conspiracy to make museums money.

Museums aren't profitable at all outside of a few world-famous ones, but you see that's just a cover for the dinosaur conspiracy overall. They just want you to think they're not raking in the cash. The ditzy teenage girl tour guide who lead your junior high class around the Museum of Natural History in New York? Millionaire. Secret millionaire. Member of the conspiracy at the highest levels.
    I wonder at which point in paleontology school do they say, "Okay, enough with the ? , now it's time let you in on the real goal of paleontology. The secret international dino-deception museum scheme." and then they start handing out millions of dollars.

That has to be a great moment in ones education.

Almost makes me want to study paleontology.

Not really.

Kind of.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Well we asked Ed about that and he couldn't say. So I started digging up his post history. I think the lack of a father figure in his life lead to his current unstable mental health condition.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I will not stand idly by for these blatant assaults on other posters' character.

I'm sitting right now anyway.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    A.K.A. dinosaurs, speak your clout

Hilarious thread.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Hilarious thread.
    ..and also about a year old

This discussion has been closed.