Remember when...

Comments

• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited October 2011
    ocelot wrote: »
    cant disagree with that... but MGS is Konamis cash cow... and thats off the success of the PS1 MGS
    not the PC and Nintendo original Metal Gear

crazy thing is i gave the other ones a chance when i played twin snakes on gamecube
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    One Spliff wrote: »
    true...

but ps1 had so many great games, i jus cant remember them all...cases wud ? , discs wud scratch, manuals wud tear, controllers wud smash and walls wud be punched...but it was goat console to me for all the memories.

n then u had the 'hacking' era...were u cud chip ya ps1 n cop games for 5er a pop...easily the best generation of gaming.

also games were HARD back then, cudnt jus beat a game in 4-5 hours...

most games for ps3 n 360 are made for beginners...with on screen direction at every turn.

*press X to jump*, then then *press square* to open door...

smh.

i agree and personaly I grew up under the PS1 era and FFVIII is my favorite game of all time so Im always going PS1>PS2 because of everything you mention above....
    even when I had to flip my console over for it to work...lol

the top PS2 games would never reach the top PS1 games
    but PS2 games was on cruise control from 2000-2007... there was no off year
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Remember Blasto?

blasto.jpg
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    crazy thing is i gave the other ones a chance when i played twin snakes on gamecube

same with me when MGS3: Substansiationenceistence came out

if he remade it with MGS4 gameplay and graphics I'll give it another try
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Remember Blasto?

blasto.jpg

LOL hell yeah i do... him and Earth Worm Jim

9-jim.jpg
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Youre telling me ? in the hood was playing final fantasy before 7?

? in the hood wasn't playing FF before or after 7 lol. Most "hood" ? don't ? with RPGs in general.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    rofl PS3 is light years a head of the 360 and GTA had nothing to do with how great or how much the PS2 sold.GTA3 was also released on the Xbox.

It goes PS2>PS1>SNES>Genesis>NES>PS3>Dreamcast>N64>Atari 2600>GameCube>Saturn>>>Xbox>Xbox360>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

MS is the only company out of the major companies to NOT have a classic console.

u are partially wrong.. the xbox version of GTA didnt come out till almost a year later if not more... and check the stats on how much GTA sold on the PS as a whole.. out of the 23 million sold console wide on San Andreas.. 17 million of it came from PS2
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    ? in the hood wasn't playing FF before or after 7 lol. Most "hood" ? don't ? with RPGs in general.

i disagree... thats like saying ? wasnt watching DBZ back in the day.... Most "hood" ? aint tough... if you listen to hip hop theirs always a reference to Final Fantasy or DBZ in there...

This was Ghostface review of "Tha Carter IV"

. Blunt Blowin - This ? starts out soundin like some Final Fantasy ? ...but it starts to masculine up a little when the hook comes in. But then Im like hold up....this ? sound familiar yo. This ? aint really...oh nah....yeah he did....son "borrowed" the hook from a Pat Benatar joint. For all yall 90s babies readin this ? ...Pat Benatar was kinda like the Katy Perry of the 80s yo...only her joints wasnt all wack as ? . But I aint really sweatin that jack move like that b. Either way tho.... I still aint really crazy bout this ? son. Plus the ? talkin bout Ashton Kutcher, shootin hummingbirds n droppin suspect bars like "I do it for the money...man I am such a ? " Yup....Drake probably wrote this one too b.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Remember Blasto?

blasto.jpg

i used to love this game.. and all of the voice overs.. they were making a part 2 until homeboy that voiced blasto died... :(
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    youre crazy if you dont think black people dont play Final Fantasy or Metal Gear

games dont sell 10million because of white people and asians...

theyre closet nerds in the hood too...lol
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    hell black people love final fantasy i know a few black chicks thats nutty over that game too.... The hood demands Versus XIII NOW
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Damn that blasto ? takes me back. I remember when I had to play the demo for that ? for a month before I got a real game.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

I've never even heard of Final Fantasy before 7
  • funkdocdamc
    edited October 2011
    i disagree... thats like saying ? wasnt watching DBZ back in the day.... Most "hood" ? aint tough... if you listen to hip hop theirs always a reference to Final Fantasy or DBZ in there...

This was Ghostface review of "Tha Carter IV"

. Blunt Blowin - This ? starts out soundin like some Final Fantasy ? ...but it starts to masculine up a little when the hook comes in. But then Im like hold up....this ? sound familiar yo. This ? aint really...oh nah....yeah he did....son "borrowed" the hook from a Pat Benatar joint. For all yall 90s babies readin this ? ...Pat Benatar was kinda like the Katy Perry of the 80s yo...only her joints wasnt all wack as ? . But I aint really sweatin that jack move like that b. Either way tho.... I still aint really crazy bout this ? son. Plus the ? talkin bout Ashton Kutcher, shootin hummingbirds n droppin suspect bars like "I do it for the money...man I am such a ? " Yup....Drake probably wrote this one too b.
    We'll agree to disagree. It's a difference between hood ? and ? who live in the hood, and I wasn't referring to black people in general.

That DBZ watching reference was kinda poor considering the fact that I never said that people who play FF are soft or anything demeaning. "Hood" ? only really play like 3 kinds of games: Sports (Madden, 2k/Live ), fighting games (SF/MK), and some ? where you shoot ? lol. Rappers in general use references to popular things all the time, doesn't mean they're fans of what they are talking about. It's plenty of Twilight references too, but it doesn't mean they are avid watchers/fans of the series.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    This isnt a debate if one game is better than another because if FFVI is better than the PS1 games, why havent it done numbers like the PS1 games? Why is square only known for games after FFVII?

rofl.... C'mon, man, sales do not equal quality. Dont even get me started on that. And Square is only known for FFVII and beyond to folks who dont know any better. And anyone who actually knows any thing about basket ball knows Tim Duncan is one of the GOAT, if not the GOAT power forwards.
  • stoneface
    edited October 2011
    Goldeneye changed FPS games for consoles... Halo brought it to mainstream and killed the RPG genre...

Goldeneye changed it, Halo changed it again and refined it. Goldeneye was already mainstream.
  • stoneface
    edited October 2011
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    FY to stoneface,Sony made MGS,GTA and FF house hold games.Nintendo could not even blow up FF or any third party franchise as evident today.Only there first party titles ever sold. Truth is no one has blew up more franchises than Sony.They blew up Resident Evil,Madden NBA2k,Rockband,DMC,Silent Hill,Tales and a list of other franchises.Sony created a market for the adult gamer.I would not even be playing games today if t was not for them.As for Ninty saving gaming,that is debatable because people wold have bought the Atari 5200 or Master System if there was no NES and Nintendo games would have just been third party or Atari would have bought them out.Mario was released on the Atari before the NES after all.

Man, first of all, ? you too. RE, SH, DMC, yeah but who gives a ? about Rockband. As far as im concerned thats a negative contribution to gaming and crediting Madden and NBA 2k's popularity to Sony is even more debatable than Nintendo saving the home game console. Every thing you said about "ninty" is pure speculation. Its just as good for me to say that if those franchises you listed werent blown up by Sony, they may have eventually been by someone else, who knows? ? a franchise, Nintendo blew up home gaming, period. They're the reason I and millions of others play games today. And like i said before, credit should be given to the creators of these franchises for making these classic games and for being what they are. Something can be the most well marketed product in existence but it dont mean ? if its wack. if your favorite team wins a championship, do you give credit to the owner of the team or the talented players that made em good and got em there?
  • funkdocdamc
    edited October 2011
    You know damn well Sony ain't blow up Madden or NBA 2K, foh lol. Dreamcast blew up NBA 2K/NFL 2K, and most sports games sell more (and run better) on 360, just like Madden/Live/2K on Xbox > PS2. Sony does have a great franchise in MLB with The Show, but it's MLB, so......

Sports games don't define a console anyway since they come out every year on every platform.
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ? catchin feelings quick in this thread lol
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    intalect wrote: »

• ocelot
    edited October 2011
    hell black people love final fantasy i know a few black chicks thats nutty over that game too.... The hood demands Versus XIII NOW

co-sizzle....
  • stoneface
    edited October 2011

Aint me, lol
  • lifegoeson7
    lifegoeson7 Members Posts: 51
    edited October 2011
    Only good game on 360 is the Halo Series... The rest of the games are just ? kid games.
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    We'll agree to disagree. It's a difference between hood ? and ? who live in the hood, and I wasn't referring to black people in general.

That DBZ watching reference was kinda poor considering the fact that I never said that people who play FF are soft or anything demeaning. "Hood" ? only really play like 3 kinds of games: Sports (Madden, 2k/Live ), fighting games (SF/MK), and some ? where you shoot ? lol. Rappers in general use references to popular things all the time, doesn't mean they're fans of what they are talking about. It's plenty of Twilight references too, but it doesn't mean they are avid watchers/fans of the series.

I was referring to ? in the hood. "Hood" ? do only have 3 games. Sports, FPS, and Fighting. You cant compare a movie like Twilight to a video game like Final Fantasy. If twilight was just a book and not a movie you would have had a stronger arguement. If rappers was to just bring up Madden, Halo, and Mortal Kombat then i would think they are just "Hood" ? ... but to bring up Final Fantasy and Cameron having Metal Gear references in his raps let me know that them ? like games. And thanks to Sony... most ? in the Hood know those games.

220px-Sde.jpg
    252px-Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png
  • funkdocdamc
    edited October 2011
    ^^Metal Gear equals shooting ? . Hood ? was playing that and Syphon Filter back in the day, when SF was actually good lol.