Remember when...

Options

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    rofl.... C'mon, man, sales do not equal quality. Dont even get me started on that. And Square is only known for FFVII and beyond to folks who dont know any better. And anyone who actually knows any thing about basket ball knows Tim Duncan is one of the GOAT, if not the GOAT power forwards.

But thats my whole arguement... we can debate if FFVI is better than VII all day... but if FFVI didnt come out for the SNES and came out for the PS1 with FFVII graphics then ? was would have played that first.

and Duncan is the GOAT PF... but if he was with the Lakers he would be as popular as Kobe, Magic, Shaq, etc...

only games Nintendo Markets are there own... if Final Fantasy would have stayed on Nintendo it would not have been as popular... thats why original multiplat games today is not as popular as Gears, Uncharted, or Halo... those games have identity and a good marketing team behind them...
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^Metal Gear equals shooting ? . Hood ? was playing that and Syphon Filter back in the day, when SF was actually good lol.

That is true...lol

Metal Gear is hide and seek with a story though... and the stereotype is that ? dont read or like to play anything that cant hold there attention.
    all the FF PS1 games were reading and MGS is basically a movie. MGS is more than just shooting its was strategy and Cameron was playing the ? out of that game...lol
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You know damn well Sony ain't blow up Madden or NBA 2K, foh lol. Dreamcast blew up NBA 2K/NFL 2K, and most sports games sell more (and run better) on 360, just like Madden/Live/2K on Xbox > PS2. Sony does have a great franchise in MLB with The Show, but it's MLB, so......

Sports games don't define a console anyway since they come out every year on every platform.

PS2 did blow up Madden... When the Dreamcast made the 2K series EA said that they were going to Sony... Sony blew them up and the rest is history
    and if you can remember back in the PS1 days Gameday 90's series was popular because Sony had there back... even though Madden was better
    Soon as Madden was exclusive to Sony for a year or so ? was like "? Gameday" madden blew up because of Sony and the PS2 being popular
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^Metal Gear equals shooting ? . Hood ? was playing that and Syphon Filter back in the day, when SF was actually good lol.

AYE that ? was the business on PSP as well they are talking about bringing it back i dont see why not because there aren't many true stealth games left! That new Ghost Recon looks sweet though! Metal Gear is true stealth but you can make it a shooter fest if you want too lol ? gets hella hard when you do!
  • lifegoeson7
    lifegoeson7 Members Posts: 51
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gameboy color ? on xbox, anyone agree?
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Remember when Final Fantasy was Good?
    flipping your PS1 for it to work
    Feeling like youre worthless because you cant beat the first boss on Ninja Gaiden on Xbox
    Gameshark
    Going far into a game and not saving only to die and go back a weeks work of progress
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Feeling like youre worthless because you cant beat the first boss on Ninja Gaiden on Xbox
    Gameshark
    Going far into a game and not saving only to die and go back a weeks work of progress

final fantasy is good its just too left field now i'll try out XIII-2 but i know versus XIII will be my steelo and that new one that just came out psp is hot type-0 pure one on one battles ? is not easy !
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    intalect wrote: »
    final fantasy is good its just too left field now i'll try out XIII-2 but i know versus XIII will be my steelo and that new one that just came out psp is hot type-0 pure one on one battles ? is not easy !

Verse is the game that the developers of VII and VIII made so I expect a classic
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

syphon filer, street fighter, soul blade, tekken, mortal kombat, final fantasy, tony hawks...

all hood favourites.

n yes i be hearin dragon ball Z in rap songs to...n its always supposedly the hardest ? out talkin that ? , lmao.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    intalect wrote: »
    fixed.... for you

THANK YOU! 2nd best system of all time.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Gameshark

I remember those days...remember being able to take the cd out and swap? lol

but ? , remember final fantasy on SNES?
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I remember those days...remember being able to take the cd out and swap? lol

but ? , remember final fantasy on SNES?

? I used to do that all the time...Blockbuster hated me...lol

smh@ me nothing it for DBGT Final Bout and then later finding out that it was selling for 300.00 on Ebay in the late 90's
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yall ? DERAILED this thread so far off of topic... lmao and smh at u ? .. still cant wait to see this GTA V trailer tho
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    GTA3 was a major point in the PS2 vs XBOX war

GTA3 and Halo came out within a month of each other and both were the deciding factor of their console

i remember plenty of kids wanting to play the other game but couldnt because their parents werent about to buy another console

i also remember xbox gamers rejoicing once VC and GTA3 came to XBOX
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    oh
    and IMO, the PS1/PS2 were the hood's choice of console

PS always had the edgier and more mature games

? wnted to play Tekken,Resident Evil and Madden
    not
    Psychonauts and Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    No playstation did mgs
    Mgs2 was ? , doing cart wheels with a white sensitive ? while he's holding his genital with one hand I could do without in the franchise.

? you talkin like Solid Snake black
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    ? you talkin like Solid Snake black

but he wasn't a ? crying over every order he got
  • kanggoodie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    GTA3 was a major point in the PS2 vs XBOX war

GTA3 and Halo came out within a month of each other and both were the deciding factor of their console

i remember plenty of kids wanting to play the other game but couldnt because their parents werent about to buy another console

i also remember xbox gamers rejoicing once VC and GTA3 came to XBOX

this is what im saying... i was a real fanboy of the Playstation back then.. because it WAS the hood choice.. and unfourutnately PS3 is the hood choice too.. but i remember being hella mad when i heard the news that vice city AND grand theft auto 3 were going to xbox... and then i heard u could listen to your own music in-game too?! i was HOT!
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    yall ? DERAILED this thread so far off of topic... lmao and smh at u ? .. still cant wait to see this GTA V trailer tho

ay i tried to steer it back...lol

i dont know how the PS3 was still the hood choice either....
    It was 600.00 and it lost all its exclusives but ? was still saying PS3>360...lol
  • kanggoodie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Remeber when GAMES CAME WITH INSTRUCTION MANUALS? lol

i went and coppe dmy copy of battlefield 3 today and i open the 360 case and low and behold... a piece of paper with online multiplayer info.. .and a twitter/facebook link for support.. smh... it will be no nostalgic items from this gen when we are 50 years old man...

EDIT : They have the whole manual inside of the actual menu of the game... smh.. i guess its saving trees. idk
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited October 2011
    Options
    same with GOW3
    ? had no info on guns for those who didnt play the beta
  • kanggoodie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    same with GOW3
    ? had no info on guns for those who didnt play the beta

u coppin the DLC tommorrow tho?
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    u coppin the DLC tommorrow tho?

i'm not sure
    whats in it?
    extra skins?
    maps?
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    bump 4 da 2014.... imagine if GTA V was playstion only??
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS3 still outsold the 360 and PS4 is smashing the X1. What would GTA do again?