True Life: I'm a woman, I don't want kids, and marriage isn't a priority

Options
12346»

Comments

• rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nah that's all ? . There's no way in hell someone "lost at life" if they don't have a kid. Oprah is a bigger winner in life than Shenene in the projects who has 6 kids by 6 different baby daddies.

I literally laughed out loud at this:) I agree. However, I still want at least one child.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Haute I used to have a similar outlook, but then I got pregnant. lol

Just like people with children have to deal with snotty noses and attitudes, people without children have to deal with other people questioning that decision. You just have to learn to deal with it the best you can and keep it moving. Figure out a catchy comeback for that type of ? and don't let it bother you. You're the only person that has to live your life and knows what's right for you. People that allow others to dictate their lives end up drowning their kids in a bathtub like Andrea Yates.
  • rhymentekniq2.0
    rhymentekniq2.0 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There are enough blacks, young and old, Phucking like its going out of style

I swear we need more women and men with that Career-Minded mentality. Too many of us dont ever take the chance to Live for self and get the most out of our lives before we live for someone else. The Outcome is we rush into doing what they think is "Right", having children before we have a actual "LIFE". and no matter what you say or how much youtry to convince yourself you know deep inside that the child was a mistake, cut the PC bull. Alot of men have already taken to this philosophy while women are still behind for the mst part due to the genral upbringing and brainwashing, being told When what where and how a woman should be with Their Life. Im not saying that women should start being the new men but they should learn to let go of the white-house and picket fence dream . But on a whole, Peopl feel like at age 30 (which is still young), its time to wind down and stop progressing in life. which is why most people never really make it that far in life. The Average person spends their entrie twenties building towards a better future but soon as they reach the onset of their thrities they start panicking and rushing to find someone to settle with and have kids. So all that work you did in the twenties is down the drain. If people gave their self more time there's no telling how far they can go. So many people sell themself short and figure "if i aint this or that by this age, i'll might as well settle"
    Shed that 1930's mentality and live for you. if more people were like this, everyones quality of life would be so much better and over-population wouldnt put such a strain on everyday living.

On another note for all you dep south ? fearing Christian Women, I know you're against "shacking up" since its soooooooo evil but i feel its bullshyt, The best thing to do is live with a man before marriage, its dumb azz hell to get hitched to a man youve never had the full expereince of living with only to find out he's your worst nightmare, same goes for men, stop letting Religion dictate your lives, Good morals to live by but some of the rule really hinder the progression of the human species, im niether of the contraverial A's of the religious world, i believe in ? but im not a fanatical ? who takes every story in a literal sense
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There are enough blacks, young and old, Phucking like its going out of style

I swear we need more women and men with that Career-Minded mentality. Too many of us dont ever take the chance to Live for self and get the most out of our lives before we live for someone else. The Outcome is we rush into doing what they think is "Right", having children before we have a actual "LIFE". and no matter what you say or how much youtry to convince yourself you know deep inside that the child was a mistake, cut the PC bull. Alot of men have already taken to this philosophy while women are still behind for the mst part due to the genral upbringing and brainwashing, being told When what where and how a woman should be with Their Life. Im not saying that women should start being the new men but they should learn to let go of the white-house and picket fence dream . But on a whole, Peopl feel like at age 30 (which is still young), its time to wind down and stop progressing in life. which is why most people never really make it that far in life. The Average person spends their entrie twenties building towards a better future but soon as they reach the onset of their thrities they start panicking and rushing to find someone to settle with and have kids. So all that work you did in the twenties is down the drain. If people gave their self more time there's no telling how far they can go. So many people sell themself short and figure "if i aint this or that by this age, i'll might as well settle"
    Shed that 1930's mentality and live for you. if more people were like this, everyones quality of life would be so much better and over-population wouldnt put such a strain on everyday living.

On another note for all you dep south ? fearing Christian Women, I know you're against "shacking up" since its soooooooo evil but i feel its bullshyt, The best thing to do is live with a man before marriage, its dumb azz hell to get hitched to a man youve never had the full expereince of living with only to find out he's your worst nightmare, same goes for men, stop letting Religion dictate your lives, Good morals to live by but some of the rule really hinder the progression of the human species, im niether of the contraverial A's of the religious world, i believe in ? but im not a fanatical ? who takes every story in a literal sense

wow @ the bolded

I presume you don't have children right?
  • rhymentekniq2.0
    rhymentekniq2.0 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wow @ the bolded

I presume you don't have children right?

no im talki to people who dread every day they wake up to kids. dont want to take care of them always droppin them off at gandmas house while they pretend to be free single person with no responisibilities for a few hours, but have the nerve to talk that my child isnt a mistake bullshyt knowing damn well you they regret having kids

if kids and marriage is something people really want and are adamant about then fine, but stay true to tht ? . ? cant be misifit parents talking bout "my son aint a mistake"

By mistake i mean in the parents eyes, not in a genreal sense, I dont hate kids like im the wicked witch or nothing
  • Madam Speaker
    Madam Speaker Members Posts: 259
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How can anyone hate on that? Kids are annoying after awhile, with all the diapers and report cards, kids are a big headache after awhile. It's no surprise so many dudes deny their kids out there, real ? know having a kid is no fun for the most part. It may be sweet during some moments, but I prefer my freedom and PS3 over any kid invading my space 24/7. I wana smoke my weed and blow it out without having a crying infant whining about ? .

bfjqee.gif

laff-1.giflaff-1.giflaff-1.gif

This was a good ass thread tho..lots of different viewpoints
  • The Übermensch
    The Übermensch Members Posts: 52
    edited May 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    so yall would be cool being in a relationship with a chick, and possibly marrying her, if she said I don't want kids ever, ever, ever

Undecided.

I honestly can't think of a reason to kids that isn't ultimately selfish. With the population being at an all time high and the ratio of births to deaths being 2:1, humans could stand to reproduce less for the sake of our species. That said, there is still a selfish, egocentric part of me that wants to have kids.

And equating age with maturity? Haute, I though better of you than that.
  • Heart Of A Hustler
    Heart Of A Hustler Members Posts: 151
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seriously, I don't

And it's not a knock against mothers, its just not something I desire for myself

Many think women are biggest critics of a woman not wanting children

But I find that men are the ones who cast the most judgement

The same ones, screaming no marriage, no this, no that

Are the same ones quick to talk ? about a woman choosing to do what she wants for her body and her future

I've dated guys who at first, thought it was cool, or maybe just didnt take what I said seriously

but as we progress and get more serious, all of a sudden it becomes this big deal

Im like "dude, I told you thats not what I want for my future, you and your mom need to ? "

its annoying

FYI if your under 23 stay the ? outta this convo

Probably because your a fat bitter ?
    The world will be a better place if u dont have kids
    so thank u in advance
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seriously, I don't

And it's not a knock against mothers, its just not something I desire for myself

Are the same ones quick to talk ? about a woman choosing to do what she wants for her body and her future

I've dated guys who at first, thought it was cool, or maybe just didnt take what I said seriously

but as we progress and get more serious, all of a sudden it becomes this big deal

Im like "dude, I told you thats not what I want for my future, you and your mom need to ? "

its annoying

wow, I didn't even think this type of woman existed anymore??

Props for knowing what you want and not what people or society wants for you!!!!
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Probably because your a fat bitter ?
    The world will be a better place if u dont have kids
    so thank u in advance

im not bitter I love men!!!

I am fat though

I'm like 1 stomach flu away from my ideal weight :tu
  • Heart Of A Hustler
    Heart Of A Hustler Members Posts: 151
    edited May 2010
    Options
    im not bitter I love men!!!

I am fat though

I'm like 1 stomach flu away from my ideal weight :tu

Well thats your anwser
    You just coming up with excuses because you couldnt gett married anyway
    Its ok tho if i was a fat black angry woman i would be just like u
    good luck with your career when 75 yrs old with no family
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seriously, I don't

its annoying

whats the reason u dont want kids??
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Haute you just wanna get ? really good and then be left alone, don't you?

I ain't mad at that...
    yoooooou seeeeee riiiight through meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Word, if only she had seen the commercials, maybe things would've turned out differently.

I remember she was posting and making threads like it was just yesterday.

RIP Haute.
    Damn, I forgot she was dead:
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    <<< Doesn't want kids. I work too much to dedicate any real time to them. I'd have to be in a really stable relationship as well where I felt beyond any reason that it was going to work for life. I can't ever see that happening.

Also, to dude who said that he dated a woman who was dedicated to her education, two degrees and all that and now feels confused. I dated the same type of girl, complete waste of time. But I do think she'll end up thinking the same as soon as she accomplishes what she wants. At the end of the day, goals don't fulfil you as much as you think they will. But it is good to have a career and be secure money wise etc. I'd rather have someone than a piece of paper though, personally. Although I gave up my first relationship to reach my piece of paper as well, but that was because the relationship wasn't working.

I think children are a very serious life changing factor and people take it too lightly, yes it's good to have them around you when you're dying, but for all the stress they may cause, it may be better just to have your wife next to you if that's the way you're inclined. I've only ever considered it the once... but now I'm pretty certain.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Seriously, I don't

its annoying

All I can say is....Do you have a pic?

Nothing wrong with that. I'm in my early 30's and I don't want to be married or have children. I'm building my empire, so your thought process is not flawed.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    men dont know what they want either.
    or maybe they think u running game.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Zombie threads stalk the Earth.

Marriage isn't a priority to many women because they have so many options for a long time.

Why would a 25 year old girl think about marriage? In most cities, there are way more men than women, several guys usually chasing her at once, etc. Makes no sense to get married in that situation if you can get the companionship and economic benefits of having a husband without commitment.

Now at 31, you may see a change of heart in those ladies.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I suppose. I want kids. But we can still get some Bacci's pizza