IF WE ALL CAME FROM ADAM and EVE, WHY ARENT WE ALL RELATED?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Did ? "make" more humans like he did adam and eve?

Did he just randomly place people on earth without them being born?

Comments

• DRO
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Genesis 1:26-28

New International Version (NIV)

26 Then ? said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So ? created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of ? he created them;
    male and female he created them.

28 ? blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Genesis 2:7

New International Version (NIV)

7 Then the LORD ? formed a man[a] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

SO... WAS ADAM AND EVE NOT THE 1ST MADE MAN AND WOMAN?
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I see you're being clever but for those that dont get the joke...
    WE ARE ALL RELATED
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    we are........

I'm sorry i didnt see you beat me to it...
    smart guy here...
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    a better question is, if they had only 2 sons...wtf had to happen
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i been telling yall for years genesis does not detail the beginning of the physical earth and adam and eve were a specific species. why u think cain had a mark put on him when he was cast off? who would see the mark if all the people that existed were his family? all hummanoid people are not the same. genesis marks A beginning not THE beginning. this is literal and correct translation which gives more insight into a) the serpent- (which is not defined as literal snake in hebrew) that walked on two legs b) the Sons of ? mentioned in the so-called O.T. and c) the nephilim. the bible is not at all an adequate translation because nuances like these change the whole perspective of the brooks.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    So the Christian bible of today is wrong pretty much, right? So it becomes a false religion and therefore a damnable sentence to hell?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well, members of the same species are kind of related to each other by default.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    i been telling yall for years genesis does not detail the beginning of the physical earth and adam and eve were a specific species. why u think cain had a mark put on him when he was cast off? who would see the mark if all the people that existed were his family? all hummanoid people are not the same. genesis marks A beginning not THE beginning. this is literal and correct translation which gives more insight into a) the serpent- (which is not defined as literal snake in hebrew) that walked on two legs b) the Sons of ? mentioned in the so-called O.T. and c) the nephilim. the bible is not at all an adequate translation because nuances like these change the whole perspective of the brooks.

The snake is EA, brotherhood of the snake. He walks on two legs because he is a humanoid.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The snake is EA, brotherhood of the snake. He walks on two legs because he is a humanoid.

it just might be enki. the serpent in eden is translated as nakash which implies one that deals in divination, interpreting omens, fortune telling and the like. it can also mean the image of a snake or a literal snake but the word most commonly used for this designation is taneen. but yes i agree 100%- the sepent was a hummanoid being. now u got me going back to my collection oof sumerian and akkadian texts to find out this ea/enki connection. you might wanna grab this bok im about tol look it up in. its called "religions of the ancient near east: sumero-akkadian religious texts and ugaritic epics'. i got the original 1955 edition. its very insightful.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So the Christian bible of today is wrong pretty much, right? So it becomes a false religion and therefore a damnable sentence to hell?

false religion is a redundant phrase and hell is relative to ones perception as he lives and breathes on earth. im not all about fire, brimstone and condemnation. its just about clarity and actually understanding what u are dealing with thoroughly before u make ur personal choice to accept it, reject it or be in a state of ambivalence about it.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    to the t/s. look up the book "the hebraic tongue restored". there are free copies online. read the cosmogony of moses (the last chapter) and u will get a much different understanding of what the book of genesis was in its original form. very different but useful and practical information.
  • akomax
    akomax Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it just might be enki. the serpent in eden is translated as nakash which implies one that deals in divination, interpreting omens, fortune telling and the like. it can also mean the image of a snake or a literal snake but the word most commonly used for this designation is taneen. but yes i agree 100%- the sepent was a hummanoid being. now u got me going back to my collection oof sumerian and akkadian texts to find out this ea/enki connection. you might wanna grab this bok im about tol look it up in. its called "religions of the ancient near east: sumero-akkadian religious texts and ugaritic epics'. i got the original 1955 edition. its very insightful.

we don't believe you , you need more people !!
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    akomax wrote: »
    we don't believe you , you need more people !!

research. youll find it. im not the only or first person to say that by a long shot. but if a talking snake or the elaborate myth that the bible is based on an elaborate myth is more palatable for you then by all means take it how u want. but the information is out there...i never make ? up or talk about things i haven't thoroughly studied.
  • DRO
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ajackson17 wrote: »
    http://www.echoesofenoch.com/t_eden%20t.pdf

read this, something to think about.

i don’t usually click on links, butthat was a goooooddd read bruh!.. Read it while i was at work.. Preshate that
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    really cause the link aint working for me, somebody up it
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yea the link isn't working for me neither
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    http://www.echoesofenoch.com/T_Eden%20T.pdf

Read this, something to think about.

Dro, you're cosigning this? (just wondering)

Also, article is about aliens and ? .
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    So if Adam and Eve weren't the first..
    Wtf happened to the ppl bfo them?? Do they not have a ? ?? Or are they under a different ? ??
  • DRO
    edited October 2011
    Options
    vibe86 wrote: »
    dro, you're cosigning this? (just wondering)

also, article is about aliens and ? .
    did u read it?.. It isnt talking about aliens per say... Its speaks on the falling angels lyin and decieving saying that they are aliens and they have "another" way other than christ
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    did u read it?.. It isnt talking about aliens per say... Its speaks on the falling angels lyin and decieving saying that they are aliens and they have "another" way other than christ

Makes no sense as they're all called gods angels etc and not aliens so they can't be falsifying themselves as aliens.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Makes no sense as they're all called gods angels etc and not aliens so they can't be falsifying themselves as aliens.

the words gods and angels dont mean the same thing in hebrew. a ? (el) can be a deity, a powerful man, a mighty one, royalty or an ascended being. an angel 9malak) is simply a messenger or an 'angel" in a generic sense as there are different classes/species i.e cherubim, seraphim etc. if thwy were such, i dont think they would use the word "alien" as an english speaker would understand. they would be called things like "sky people" or something like that and be described as coming from "heaven", which in ancient days was a description of thee sky or the universe at large - the "heaven of heavens". either way i think dro is referring to these beings CURRENTLY posing as aliens or in more recent history than when the hebrew scriptures were written.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If the being wasn't a snake, how do you explain the Bible saying that ? punished it by having it slither around on its belly? Did he turn the being into a snake?
  • Bodhi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    these beings CURRENTLY posing as aliens or in more recent history than when the hebrew scriptures were written.

how recent? And how are they posing as aliens when we haven't had any recent direct alien contact (that the public knows about)?

I've heard the ancients did describe a lot of their gods as sky people coming from the heavens
  • Bodhi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i been telling yall for years genesis does not detail the beginning of the physical earth and adam and eve were a specific species. .

Explain it to me if you don't mind. I'd like to go back, read, and see your interpretation clearer
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Explain it to me if you don't mind. I'd like to go back, read, and see your interpretation clearer

the first three words of b'raysheet(genesis). they are b'rayheet. b'raysheet means in 'a" beginning. to translate it as in 'the" beginning is a very elementary synax error as it would read in hebrew b' ha raysheet. ha= then you have in Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. Adam was not just one person marked from other humanoids by having the 'breath of life" (neshema) which is the animating principle of man and the consciousness (spec. the ability to make something out of nothing) that seperates the Adamic man from other humanoids and animals. also the words "male and female" in hebrew are zakar and nekevah which do not simplistically translate as gender specification but they are more akin to the concepts of yin and yang.