Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

Options
Ounceman
Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
anybody else checking for this? considering how im a huge electronic fan, ive been following flying lotus for quite some time now. to the uninitiated, he is the person who produced the block songs u see playing in the commercial breaks during adult swim on cartoon network. his great aunt was alice coltrane and he did alot of remixes to j dilla's songs. somebody who he also notes as being his idol on a constant basis. but anyway, the album just came out in may 3rd, so i just coped it from listening to previews on warp's website. needless to say, i thoroughly enjoyed it. in fact, i consider it one of the top albums of 2010 so far. ill drop a few songs. but ill admit, due to the avant-garde and experimental nature of the music, it will take alot to get used to. as some will be scratching their heads. but if your looking for something different, just give it a try

Comments

• REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i didn't know flying lotus dropped a album this year....i'ma check it out...i became a instant fan after hearing his remix to photoshoot on the atl remix album
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yea listened to this pretty dope ima cop on vynl spin some of it with my dubstep its a lil bit experimental but from what i heard its dope. Fly Lo is ill i cop his ? period.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah its a good album. Not sure if I like it over Los Angeles though, it definitely isn't as consistent as that but it's still a good album. I probably needs to listen to it more for it to grow on me
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    just finished checking it out and i'm impressed....i'm digging the whole space laid back vibe feel of the album....reminds me of prefuse 73 mix with radiohead

good ?
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah its a good album. Not sure if I like it over Los Angeles though, it definitely isn't as consistent as that but it's still a good album. I probably needs to listen to it more for it to grow on me

I prefer this to los angeles. this record actually sounds closer to other artists on warped records. even though jazz-like influences are still there, it seems he took a more idm/glitch approach similar to people like boards of canada, autechre, kid 606, and u-ziq. who are some of my favorites