Man I got beef with Sylvester Stallone.............

blakfyahking
blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
how he gon make an inspirational movie series and end up getting inducted in the Boxing Hall of Fame, but he ain't break no bread for the cat that he got the idea from

that ESPN 30 for 30 on Chuck Wepner was sad, Stallone wrong for how he did cuzzo

had a ? all inspired by the music, and come to find out he basically wrote a biography on a real person and didn't pay the man ?

I swear boxers are the ones who get it the worse after they retire from their sport SMH

Comments

• blakfyahking
    edited October 2011
    so none of ya'll cats watch ESPN's latest 30 for 30 episode?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    naw i didn't see it. so rocky an autobiography or this dude just gave stallone thei inspiration to write rocky? Big difference in terms of having to pay a guy. you know hollywood is a business. you would think stallone would bread dude off some off gp though and to keep ? out the court system.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    this dude get paid for Rocky, so i don't know what the big deal is
  • blakfyahking
    edited October 2011
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    naw i didn't see it. so rocky an autobiography or this dude just gave stallone thei inspiration to write rocky? Big difference in terms of having to pay a guy. you know hollywood is a business. you would think stallone would bread dude off some off gp though and to keep ? out the court system.

he gave stallone the inspiration to write rocky, but the movie is basically cuzzo's real life

he even put in Rocky III the scene where Chuck Wepner actually fights Andre the Giant (in the movie Stallone is Rocky fighting Hulk Hogan)

in the end Wepner ended up suing Stallone to get his paper..................as successful as that series of movies was, he could've looked out for dude better than that IMO
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    the doesn't even seem to care about the money. he was content with just knowing that he was the inspiration.

he said he didn't even seek money until his wife put him up to it.
  • blakfyahking
    edited October 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    the doesn't even seem to care about the money. he was content with just knowing that he was the inspiration.

he said he didn't even seek money until his wife put him up to it.

SMH @ Stallone easily caked at least 1bil if not more off of the Rocky franchise alone

Wepner should still be eating off that

boxers don't seem to possess the most financial smarts..............
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    yeah do boxers even have a union? do they receive any type of healthcare or benefits?
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    SMH @ Stallone easily caked at least 1bil if not more off of the Rocky franchise alone

Wepner should still be eating off that

boxers don't seem to possess the most financial smarts..............

but people don't own their life story.

only reason he got paid is because Sly was using Wepner's name when describing the inspiration for the movie.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ? rocky... ? was way overrated anyway
  • blakfyahking
    edited October 2011
    but people don't own their life story.

only reason he got paid is because Sly was using Wepner's name when describing the inspiration for the movie.

true @ the bolded

Sly should've never admitted that he used him for the inspiration for the story
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    is it true that rocky was wepner and apollo creed was muhammad ali? i think i saw a preview but didn't watch it.
  • blakfyahking
    edited October 2011
    chilly wrote: »
    is it true that rocky was wepner and apollo creed was muhammad ali? i think i saw a preview but didn't watch it.

supposedly this was the case...............
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    shout out to Carl Weathers
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I'm more disappointed with the city of Philly for ? on Joe Frazier. Dude put in hella work, beat the GOAT, AND they salute a fictional ? with a statue over a real man. Rocky series is my ? and all, but Frazier and Wep ALL got ? .
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    knights wrote: »
    I'm more disappointed with the city of Philly for ? on Joe Frazier. Dude put in hella work, beat the GOAT, AND they salute a fictional ? with a statue over a real man. Rocky series is my ? and all, but Frazier and Wep ALL got ? .

This ? would always ? me off too. How you gonna put up a statue to a movie character, when you have Smokin Joe from your home town??
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    ? rocky... ? was way overrated anyway

*Mean mugs braze with that "Kid that just found out Santa ain't real and wrastlin' is fake" face.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    this dude get paid for Rocky, so i don't know what the big deal is

naw he settled out of court
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    aneed123 wrote: »
    naw he settled out of court

is this a serious response?
  • aneed123
    edited October 2011
    is this a serious response?

thats what they said in the documentary.... right after the Vince Mcman part
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    aneed123 wrote: »
    thats what they said in the documentary.... right after the Vince Mcman part

and don't you think 'settling out of court' involved him getting paid?
  • aneed123
    edited October 2011
    and don't you think 'settling out of court' involved him getting paid?

lump sum not paid everytime Rocky is shown
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I saw it... surprised they shot at Ringside Lounge where all the newspaper reporters were talking down the street from where I live.... mad boxers always come thru there but as I mentioned in the Reason way too many people been shot or stabbed to death there at night.