How does a person learn to do a backflip?

2»

Comments

• K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude..get a spring mattress or trampoline. Easiest ?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tammi6523 wrote: »
    A back flip is considered a basic skill in gymnastics, but only because it is a building block to many other skills. It's not a simple move to learn, but once you do, you've achieved one of the big milestones of becoming a good gymnast.

I've come to realize that black people are natural gymnast due to the number kids that grow up doing back flips off mattresses and other things. If I should every become a worth in excess of 50 million dollars or a billionaire on of my philanthropic efforts would be to start training centers across American where disadvantaged youth could learn to be gymnasts.

As with lot of sports, the ? is cost prohibitive to us and we lack access. My goal would be to provide these kids with quality training and equipment with the hopes of eventually sending some to the Olympics. That's what the City of New York should have did with Kingsbridge Armory.

For those of you who don't know, there's big ass armory in The Bronx that the City didn't know what to do with Initially it was going to be a shopping center, but the local politicians and community hate talm 'bout the companies had to provide the ? with a living wage. Mind you, this armory in one of those ratchet ass areas in The Bronx. Anyway, the City finally decided to make the Kingsbridge Armory into the world's largest ice skating facility with nine rinks. What the City should have was offer some muthafuckas some tax breaks in exchange for providing ? with the opportunity to learn how to learn figure skating and hockey.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to a trampoline spot
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can honestly say its about bravery and trusting yourself. I grew up wishing i could do one and had many friends with the talent. it takes a special kind of kid to do a black flip and i didnt have it. Then one day when i was 18 i was outside, bored and just got the most incredible urge to do a backflip. i wasnt scared of falling on my neck or head anymore.

I got a running start, did a quick cartwheel, and just sprung off my toes with my hands ready to catch my weight and i did it. that was in grass. few weeks later i was doing it in the street. by the time i got in the air force 8 months later, i could do it with no hands. I really do mean, a cartwheel into a backflip with no hands.

• peterpiffin
    peterpiffin Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    tie a rope around your neck and then jump off something really high