Which basketball skill is hardest to acquire?

Options

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When its warm weather I go to columbus park and/or amundson park but now I got to la fitness by brickyard or in broadview

Way better comp and less ignorant ?
    Yeah a lot of cats hit up LA FItness now. I was up at the Nash but I'm done hooping, these old ass achilles is not permitting to do so, it hurts to walk sometimes
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL I hate them ? . Even though I wasn't a good dribbler, I could take enough to get to the rack or pull up or hit the open man or give it up if need be. All that slow ? sucks, we trying to score not count how many dribbles before a move. And cats not moving without the ball is something else a lot of cats lack :(

Im tellin you man ? just be dribblin..

not to probe. not for any other purpose.. Im like yo make your damn decision stop holding the rock.. unless you tryin to set ? up ? is annoying. Im pretty much the same way dribblin isnt my strong point but from the 3pt line in i can get wherever i need to be an make a play..
  • ShawnCoonery
    ShawnCoonery Members Posts: 211
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Im tellin you man ? just be dribblin..

not to probe. not for any other purpose.. Im like yo make your damn decision stop holding the rock.. unless you tryin to set ? up ? is annoying. Im pretty much the same way dribblin isnt my strong point but from the 3pt line in i can get wherever i need to be an make a play..

That ? will make me walk the ? off the court…? sitting there dribbling on some iso-motion ? …like u lil ? play too many video games that is not how u play basketball…? will try to dribble thru the whole team on some TRavis Best type ? then get hemmed up and make a horrible pass only for it to go out of bounds and then try to blame it on their teammates…like ? ? outta here…? like to try to get away from the double team by dribbling towards the sidelines…I'm yelling…don't go to the corner/sideline…come to the middle of the floor pass it before the ? gets there…smh can I change my vote to IQ…even though thats not a skill…cuz I be seeing mad cats with skills and no IQ or awareness offensive or defensive
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    for me it was ball handling

i never worked on it until i was 15 and i started playing point

i really don't consider defense a skill set

that's more about hustle and desire to shut your man down

i never wanted to get crossed or shot on infront of people

so i tried my damndest to shut the ? infront of me down lol
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    defense and rebounding,because you can't really practice them by yourself like other skills...shooting,passing,dribbling
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That ? will make me walk the ? off the court…? sitting there dribbling on some iso-motion ? …like u lil ? play too many video games that is not how u play basketball…? will try to dribble thru the whole team on some TRavis Best type ? then get hemmed up and make a horrible pass only for it to go out of bounds and then try to blame it on their teammates…like ? ? outta here…? like to try to get away from the double team by dribbling towards the sidelines…I'm yelling…don't go to the corner/sideline…come to the middle of the floor pass it before the ? gets there…smh can I change my vote to IQ…even though thats not a skill…cuz I be seeing mad cats with skills and no IQ or awareness offensive or defensive

I blame Ai.. lol.. every short ? .. wanna dribble through 5 ppl.. ? even Fat ppl wanan pg.. and pass by accident. Yea basketball IQ is paramount..

when it comes to playing with cats i rather have a couple people Who grind out and know their roles rather than people who think duke is watching them.

I always tell ? it dont matter who is the best.. it matters who plays the best.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    False

Lebron has dunked wit his left,finished alley oops wit his left,blocked shots wit his left,did passes wit his left,reverse lay ups wit his left,regular layups wit his left

co sign...that ? dont what he talking bout
  • king hassan
    edited November 2011
    Options

Something a lot of cats lack. And on them dribbling ass ? again, why do they dribble, blow past the man then step back for a jump shot or just to keep dribbling. ARGH! You going to the whole why the ? you moving back. AI was good for that, dribbling a lot and shooting all them fadeaways
  • king hassan
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I blame Ai.. lol.. every short ? .. wanna dribble through 5 ppl.. ? even Fat ppl wanan pg.. and pass by accident. Yea basketball IQ is paramount..

when it comes to playing with cats i rather have a couple people Who grind out and know their roles rather than people who think duke is watching them.

I always tell ? it dont matter who is the best.. it matters who plays the best.
    Man, was playing with my nephew who married into the family. Dude is long and about 6'2" but I was killing his ass. Had him with the pump fakes, post moves and shots off the glass, boxing out on the rebound. Them ? was calling it ole school and wack but it's basic ball, and I was killing em with it
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man, was playing with my nephew who married into the family. Dude is long and about 6'2" but I was killing his ass. Had him with the pump fakes, post moves and shots off the glass, boxing out on the rebound. Them ? was calling it ole school and wack but it's basic ball, and I was killing em with it
    Ol school =Fundamentals= BASKETBALL= winning
  • ShawnCoonery
    ShawnCoonery Members Posts: 211
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ol school =Fundamentals= BASKETBALL= winning

quoted for trillness
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

I've ? on ? like that too. Jab steps then put they eyes out wit a quick release jumper while they leaning to my left. Some ? be having all the height and hops and waste that ? with a ? up basketball I Q.
  • king hassan
    edited November 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    I've ? on ? like that too. Jab steps then put they eyes out wit a quick release jumper while they leaning to my left. Some ? be having all the height and hops and waste that ? with a ? up basketball I Q.
    IQ will take a ? down quick. I got a 6'8'' homie, ? non athletic as hell but his IQ sky high. He played @ U of I in the 90's and overseas.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Play making and its not even close
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Playmaking....it encompasses everything from finding cutters, reading screens properly,reading defenses better than everybody including the coach cause he's not out there on the court, hitting ur teammate at their hot spots, drawing the defense to kick out to that same teammate.....even in clutch situations..its also not limited to actually taking the shot urself as the playmaker if the defense gives u the space whether it be a layup, dunk or even a jumpshot even if ur shot is mediocre, a good shot is a good shot regardless....and if ur handle is on point it really should make playmaking that much easier.....followed closely by the jumper
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    playmaking is a mental thing as well as physical.
    Like my dad says, being a playmaking is similar to using math and common sense.

also postgame has become less important in basketball, everybody wants to play And 1 streetball instead of learning the fundamentals.
    there is nothing wrong with flare in yout game, just dont make it a necessary aspect in your game.
    even though i don't like tim duncan, i can respect his game because his postgame is fundamentally sound.
    Kids need to be trained on every aspect of Basketball, not just showboating.
    When my son gets older, me and him will be in the backyard going through the drills.
    Michael Jordan's dad did that with him, his brothers did that with him and look where it got him.
    Yes we look at the amazing dunks and plays that he did but, did u noticed how he added on to his game every year.
    Look at when he got in his 30's, he started using the fadeaway, he adapted his game to his age.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Playmaking is not just one skill its an intangible..
  • yroholla
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Playmaking requires a range of skills really...it involves critical thinking as well as verbal and nonverbal communication which are all skills that can be learned and applied.....I think one can describe it as an intangible but it requires skill for it to become an intangible....with that said, playmaking involves much more practice than any of the other choices imo
  • R.D.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    Playmaking requires a range of skills really...it involves critical thinking as well as verbal and nonverbal communication which are all skills that can be learned and applied.....I think one can describe it as an intangible but it requires skill for it to become an intangible....with that said, playmaking involves much more practice than any of the other choices imo

you either a playmaker or you not, it it most certainly not a skill
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    you either a playmaker or you not, it it most certainly not a skill

Co sign basically being a playmaker is your ? brain you cant acquire a smarter brain lol
  • yroholla
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
    Noun 1. skill - an ability that has been acquired by training
    acquirement, accomplishment, attainment, acquisition
    ability, power - possession of the qualities (especially mental qualities) required to do something or get something done; "danger heightened his powers of discrimination"

skill
    n skill [skil]
    1 cleverness at doing something, resulting either from practice or from natural ability

skill (skl)
    n.1. Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience.

As you can see here, these are several different defintions of skill directly from the dictionary.....last i checked, playmaking involves facilitating ...u kno, start the play, distribute the ball so on and so forth..hence the word "facility" in the third definition...

Its clear to me by these definitons that using your brain does infact involve having skill if u apply it to basketball....but yall too smart for me...
  • R.D.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this ol smart dumb ?
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Decision making is not a skill..

You lose.. ? your dictionary
  • yroholla
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oh you mean ? OUR dictionary....word...lets just disregard every word in there while we at it lol.....? in the IC man wow lmao
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Let me break it down for you.. one your an idiot i was making a hyberbolic statement

Playmaking is more than passing the ball.

Anticipation
    decision making
    courtvision
    court Generalship
    pace
    confidence
    willingness all factor in to being a great playmaker most of this is instincts.. you can coach instincts