Urban Myths, Legends, and Truths about the Sports World (spin-off)

Options
2»

Comments

• bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Even late in his career Randall McDaniel used to embarrass an in his prime Warren Sapp, on a daily basis in practice.

The Jaguars asked Fred Taylor not to tell anyone about his serious groin injury early in his career.
    They kept him on the injured list, when they knew he would not play, thus creating the
    "Fragile Fred" myth, which will probably keep him out of the HOF.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    Bill Cartwright threatened to break Michael Jordan's legs if he ever talked down to him like Jordan had a habit of doing to his teammates

Ron Artest broke Jordan's rib during a pickup game when Jordan was planning to make a comeback with the wizards

Villanova bball player Corey Fisher impregnated teammate scottie Reynolds' gf which caused a late season swoon from a top ranked team and an eventual early round ncaa tournament exit

Kobe punched samaki walker on the team bus

That's 100% true. I heard it was actually in practice over something, hard foul maybe during a scrimadge. Salami I think got asked about it one time and that ? got heated so I think it happen for sure.

I heard Doug Christie wife had him under such a tight leash she was the only wife that was flying on the team plane in Sacramento. She fixed it so she wouldn't let that ? outta her site at all. Smh at him being to simpish to tell her to "get the ? outta this plane before I ? you up"
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Pusskaveli wrote: »
    TO lost that fight

Shaq slapped kobe in practice

that happened. i remember reading somewhere kobe flew from that slap.
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Personally everytime I ever seen Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant play eachother they just appear to be one second away from punching the ? outta eachother.

I've wondered for a long time if they hate eachother or is it just competitive spirit.

Cause overall Kobe is a ? but Vince is cool with everybody... Everybody.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I never knew what to make out of the Cal Ripken/Kevin Costner rumor. Costner was staying with Cal after making some movie. Cal leaves to go to the game. Apparently he left something at home. When he gets back home Costner is smashing off his wife. Word is Ripken beats his ass, then calls the team and tells them he has way too much going on at home and he's gonna miss the game. So the Orioles owner Peter angelos tells fans the game is canceled due to a power issue at the ball park.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^^^ That ? cray...
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Michael Jordan made Gary Payton's soul burn!!!! It is a rumor that has been said that GP was trash talking bout MJ cars; it goes like this: GP: I drive better cars than u do!!! MJ: That might be true, but I get mines for free.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    Personally everytime I ever seen Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant play eachother they just appear to be one second away from punching the ? outta eachother.

I've wondered for a long time if they hate eachother or is it just competitive spirit.

yeah its something to that because vince was hating when kobe dropped 81

"Kobe is taking too many shots to get to 81, He is not setting the right example for kids out there, kids look at us and when kids see Kobe not passing the ball they don't learn the right things"
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited October 2011
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    yeah its something to that because vince was hating when kobe dropped 81

"Kobe is taking too many shots to get to 81, He is not setting the right example for kids out there, kids look at us and when kids see Kobe not passing the ball they don't learn the right things"

That ? started way before then though. Back in 2000 when Vince was being touted as the next Jordan, Kobe lit him up for 46 on 22-26 and was talking ? the whole ? game.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Benzino is behind Paul Pierce getting stabbed
  • ShawnCoonery
    ShawnCoonery Members Posts: 211
    edited October 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »

100% co-sign…I remember I went to UNC when i was in like the 10th grade…caught VC,Ed Cota and Jamison out shooting around in front of their dorm before practice…it was like a handful of us HS kids Twan and Cota were on some diva ? …VC stayed for a while talking about school,hoops and ? …somehow we ended up playing a lil bs game of 1 on 1 to 5 I hit two Js(he wasn't really playing) I got cocky missed ? got the rebound at like half and literally took off from like the stripe jumped skywalker style over my head and dunked I was only about 5'8" at the time…but like a yr or two later in the summer I saw him in Golden Corral with fam…? literally called me over to his table and started talking like we were best friends or something he actually remembered that whole incident I thought it was the coolest ? ever…
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Michael Jordan made Gary Payton's soul burn!!!! It is a rumor that has been said that GP was trash talking bout MJ cars; it goes like this: GP: I drive better cars than u do!!! MJ: That might be true, but I get mines for free.

that sound like some ? mike would say
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    That's 100% true. I heard it was actually in practice over something, hard foul maybe during a scrimadge. Salami I think got asked about it one time and that ? got heated so I think it happen for sure.

I heard Doug Christie wife had him under such a tight leash she was the only wife that was flying on the team plane in Sacramento. She fixed it so she wouldn't let that ? outta her site at all. Smh at him being to simpish to tell her to "get the ? outta this plane before I ? you up"

She does,this ? gets married to her every year smh
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    doug christie lost
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Damn shame Doug doing this to himself.....
    4667aa1030ab558fe3b1cb1314418add.jpg
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Benzino is behind Paul Pierce getting stabbed

? was out there frontin. it happens too often. ? from LA go somewhere else and start perpetratin, and run into ? who dont give a ? what set they claimin to be from

a12a327907_pierce.jpg

BDD_PP_jan2005_bdd.jpg

knowin full well they wasnt with that ? when they was out here anyway
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    T.O is ? . Mad ex-teammates been saying this. Philly sportstalk stations were yappin about it behind the scenes but were scared to say anything on-air, lest they catch a slander lawsuit.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I never knew what to make out of the Cal Ripken/Kevin Costner rumor. Costner was staying with Cal after making some movie. Cal leaves to go to the game. Apparently he left something at home. When he gets back home Costner is smashing off his wife. Word is Ripken beats his ass, then calls the team and tells them he has way too much going on at home and he's gonna miss the game. So the Orioles owner Peter angelos tells fans the game is canceled due to a power issue at the ball park.

that's a false story....
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Kobe had some beef wit Jerry Stackhouse and Rip Hamilton also. Phil said something about him goin extra hard on those ? in his first book.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Kobe had some beef wit Jerry Stackhouse and Rip Hamilton also. Phil said something about him goin extra hard on those ? in his first book.

they was high school rivals
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    100% co-sign…I remember I went to UNC when i was in like the 10th grade…caught VC,Ed Cota and Jamison out shooting around in front of their dorm before practice…it was like a handful of us HS kids Twan and Cota were on some diva ? …VC stayed for a while talking about school,hoops and ? …somehow we ended up playing a lil bs game of 1 on 1 to 5 I hit two Js(he wasn't really playing) I got cocky missed ? got the rebound at like half and literally took off from like the stripe jumped skywalker style over my head and dunked I was only about 5'8" at the time…but like a yr or two later in the summer I saw him in Golden Corral with fam…? literally called me over to his table and started talking like we were best friends or something he actually remembered that whole incident I thought it was the coolest ? ever…
    good ? here