If the Colts end up with the #1 Pick in the Draft...

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
What do they do? Do they draft Luck and move Manning? and if so what do you think Mannings trade value is?

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You keep them both, Peyton dont have that long to play
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man if they get that pick draft Luck and let him wait and groom under Manning. ? trading him do what San Fran and Green Bay did. ? Peytons feelings
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nah. They should look for a diamond-in-the-rough type QB in the mid rounds and let Manning tutor him. Use the first couple picks fill holes or even trade bait to help Manning go out on top.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nah. They should look for a diamond-in-the-rough type QB in the mid rounds and let Manning tutor him. Use the first couple picks fill holes or even trade bait to help Manning go out on top.

or
    aneed123 wrote: »
    man if they get that pick draft Luck and let him wait and groom under Manning. ? trading him do what San Fran and Green Bay did. ? Peytons feelings

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They prolly drafting Luck doe.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Draft Luck....it wold be the ? move of the century not to.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

gotta go with this. long as they dont try to push manning out to early.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Everyone is so high on Luck. Calling him perfect. I'd imagine they are as well. Draft him. Peyton's neck will snap before mid season next year. So get the guy you expect to be the next great thing b/c he walks on water.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

This.......
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    From what im hearing Peyton isnt going to let that happen, and if the Colts really give Peyton any say in who they draft and they have a chance to draft Luck and dont bcause of hm that franchise is a joke, but of course hes manning he'll get whatever he wants, even Eli determined where he was going to play coming out of the draft, the best ? is people are going to try and use this 0-7 or 0 and whatever in the peyton vs brady argument, its so easy to say that ? no matter how untrue it is
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    From what im hearing Peyton isnt going to let that happen, and if the Colts really give Peyton any say in who they draft and they have a chance to draft Luck and dont bcause of hm that franchise is a joke, but of course hes manning he'll get whatever he wants, even Eli determined where he was going to play coming out of the draft, the best ? is people are going to try and use this 0-7 or 0 and whatever in the peyton vs brady argument, its so easy to say that ? no matter how untrue it is

where are you hearing this from?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    where are you hearing this from?

Nah, I heard that to...listening to Gotlieb's show this afternoon. If the Colts have any sack...they'ed tell Peyton to sit his ass down somewhere. He is their QB, not the owner or the GM.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Nah, I heard that to...listening to Gotlieb's show this afternoon. If the Colts have any sack...they'ed tell Peyton to sit his ass down somewhere. He is their QB, not the owner or the GM.

Damn, if true Manning is being a bigger diva than Favre.
    I'd draft Luck and let him learn under Manning though.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »

They were probably talking about the same thing i heard today, they were talking about phil simms saying theres no way peyton manning lets them draft andrew luck, they dont think hes just speaking his opinion that hes talked to archie or peyton himself
  • its....JOHN B
    edited October 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Damn, if true Manning is being a bigger diva than Favre.
    I'd draft Luck and let him learn under Manning though.

thats how it should be done, and maybe it still will be done, but if peyton ever stopped that ? from happening...scratch that if they let peyton stop that from happening...smh...i wouldnt put it past them a lot of things the colts do doesnt make sense, especially this year
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If Indy doesn't draft Luck, they better get a WHOLE BUNCH OF ? for that pick.
    Wouldn't even waste that pick on anyone else besides Luck.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    anyone care to answer the second question? What do you believe Mannings worth as far as trade value. Im going to say its gonna take a 1st and a 3rd at least.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Peyton is worth what we gave up for Palmer. Smmfh.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited October 2011
    Options
    anyone care to answer the second question? What do you believe Mannings worth as far as trade value. Im going to say its gonna take a 1st and a 3rd at least.

honestly i think theres team that give up a lot more than that, even not knowing if hes going to be a 100% or not, i mean chicgo gave up two firsts, a 3rd and there starter for jay cutler, i know peyton only got 3-4 good years considering he gets back to a 100%, but i guarantee teams would be willing to give up at least that much for those 3-4 years
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    they wont trade Manning.

they will draft Luck, keep him on the bench for 3 years and then release manning
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Manning got 4 years left top so they could draft him and let him wait or they could trade that pick to somehow upgrade the hell out of their defense and opt to try to win now . They could also still draft a QB in the later rounds who has some talent and tell Peyton to work with him(not groom) in case he gets hurt again, this way pride doesnt get in he way
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    of course they're going to let manning debo them out of drafting luck

do you see that team without manning??? he runs the show....a disgruntled manning puts your team right back in the #1 slot selection 2 yrs in a row