Options
1235»

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    ive heard that the oldest religious book in the world is the egyptian "book of the dead"

they had a firm belief in life after death and have many books on the subject.

how is it possible that the egyptians have a belief in life after death if the bible says everybody that dies waits in sleep for judgement day when Jesus comes?

And even in this modern day people that have near death experiences have memories of a otherworldly experience or continuation after this ? death.

i've had an o.b.e. i literally died. there is no heaven or hell. but u remain conscious. people be bullshitting. and the book of the dead aint the oldest book.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    i've had an o.b.e. i literally died. there is no heaven or hell. but u remain conscious. people be bullshitting. and the book of the dead aint the oldest book.

i've had obes too...some by random and some by a practice inducing them...and the conclusion i came to is, at the end of the day, obey ? ...because as real as we know the experience to be as when we experienced them, we still can't be 100% sure that we accepted nothing but the 100% truth about the experience we had.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    o.b.e smh -____-
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    o.b.e smh -____-

just because u haven't experienced something or u dont BELIEVE it to exist doesnt mean its not real.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just curious for those who have had o.b.e was it induced by Ayahuasca??
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    just because u haven't experienced something or u dont BELIEVE it to exist doesnt mean its not real.

Not saying it's not real, just that there's an explanation. People w n.d.e experience the same thing. It's the brain.
  • _mud
    _mud Members Posts: 16
    edited October 2011
    Options
    personally it seems far more logical that 'Satan' is mostly a thing man created as a kind of 'sick note'. All the mythologies cool if you're into it, but I need to keep responsibility for my own actions and decisions for or against temptations, not blame them on Satan.. And it's just my opinion, I may well be wrong, but I can absolutely believe in a '? ' concept without believing in an afterlife. And that's cool with me - I think people automatically link '? ' to an afterlife,, and to me that's something that needs to be individually questioned as to why.
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Not saying it's not real, just that there's an explanation. People w n.d.e experience the same thing. It's the brain.

not to derail the thread but simply saying it's the brain doesn't offer much insight.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well I'm no expert, I only know what I've watched and read, maybe a topic can be started on this...
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i don't mind, but my guess is it'll probably flop cuz it's a topic too far above most these R&R posters heads. i wouldn't expect too many meaningful contributions.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thats vague and what "same thing". not all accounts of o.b.e.'s or n.d.e.'s are the same. i'm speaking of my experience not what i've heard. i don't understand why you and others with similar stances and dispositions on here comment on things you know nothing of, have allready made up your minds about before you research, half-ass research and then act like you know what you're talking about because you can parrot an explanation that is obviously secondhand information. your presuppositions hide from your own mind a simple yet profound truth- you don't KNOW what you're talking about. its just the brain, huh? and where did you get this information? how come this source has that much insight into the brain but can not solve the inability of man to think correctly as evidenced by the condition of societies worldwide, the earth itself and individual families? the thought and worldview you express is pretty much in concert with that mindstate that rules the world and decides what is true ior not according to "reason" and 'rationality". what then is the hard evidence that this is beneficial to mankind? if you cannot answer this honestly with no ? rhetoric then perhaps you need to question the illusory experience YOUR BRAIN is experiencing.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    So you're going to turn a blind eye to the fact that every time he went to do this, Pharaoh was prevented from doing so by ? . ? hardened his heart, ? CHANGED his MIND for HIM. Pharaoh was a puppet.

Really, that's exactly how it plays out too.

Pharaoh: I'll let your peeps go
    ? : No you won't, *zap*
    Pharaoh: the ? ? I ain't letting ? GO, get out BIIIITCH
    Moses: ? 's gonna ? your people up
    Pharaoh: Okay, I'll do it, hold up a min..
    ? : lol, hell no *zap zap*
    Pharaoh: The ? you think I'm gonna ? out like that for? ? off
    Moses: Maaaan I'm tellin' ya!
    Pharaoh: Man, I said I would let them go, I don't know what the ? is up, HOLD UP
    ? : @Satan, this is funny huh... *zap zap*
    Pharaoh: ? off Moses and ? your ? ...
    Moses: @? , yo he ain't doing it..
    ? : @Moses, hold up, I got some plagues cooking up right now..
    Satan: @? , man, that's ? , I wouldn't even do that
    ? : @Satan, ? man lol get over it

I'm pretty sure it'd play out just like that lol

Lmfao Satan stop following ? on Twitter that day.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thats vague and what "same thing". not all accounts of o.b.e.'s or n.d.e.'s are the same. i'm speaking of my experience not what i've heard. i don't understand why you and others with similar stances and dispositions on here comment on things you know nothing of, have allready made up your minds about before you research, half-ass research and then act like you know what you're talking about because you can parrot an explanation that is obviously secondhand information. your presuppositions hide from your own mind a simple yet profound truth- you don't KNOW what you're talking about. its just the brain, huh? and where did you get this information? how come this source has that much insight into the brain but can not solve the inability of man to think correctly as evidenced by the condition of societies worldwide, the earth itself and individual families? the thought and worldview you express is pretty much in concert with that mindstate that rules the world and decides what is true ior not according to "reason" and 'rationality". what then is the hard evidence that this is beneficial to mankind? if you cannot answer this honestly with no ? rhetoric then perhaps you need to question the illusory experience YOUR BRAIN is experiencing.

This was actually accidentally stumbled upon, now I don't know the correct term for what the machine is, but it's used for g forces and it spins you around. Astronauts, pilots and ? use it. They would black out and report a "o.b.e" or "n.d.e" type of feelings. So they studied that and what not. It's real but it's not real.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thats vague and what "same thing". not all accounts of o.b.e.'s or n.d.e.'s are the same. i'm speaking of my experience not what i've heard. i don't understand why you and others with similar stances and dispositions on here comment on things you know nothing of, have allready made up your minds about before you research, half-ass research and then act like you know what you're talking about because you can parrot an explanation that is obviously secondhand information. your presuppositions hide from your own mind a simple yet profound truth- you don't KNOW what you're talking about. its just the brain, huh? and where did you get this information? how come this source has that much insight into the brain but can not solve the inability of man to think correctly as evidenced by the condition of societies worldwide, the earth itself and individual families? the thought and worldview you express is pretty much in concert with that mindstate that rules the world and decides what is true ior not according to "reason" and 'rationality". what then is the hard evidence that this is beneficial to mankind? if you cannot answer this honestly with no ? rhetoric then perhaps you need to question the illusory experience YOUR BRAIN is experiencing.[/QUOTE]

pure, unadulterated Ether
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? Brats

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

? Kills the Curious

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy ? ? and to whom shall he go up from us? (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

Killed by a Lion

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will ? you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him. (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)

Killing the Good Samaritan

The ark of ? was placed on a new cart and taken away from the house of Abinadab on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab guided the cart, with Ahio walking before it, while David and all the Israelites made merry before the Lord with all their strength, with singing and with citharas, harps, tambourines, sistrums, and cymbals.

When they came to the threshing floor of Nodan, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of ? to steady it, for the oxen were making it tip. But the Lord was angry with Uzzah; ? struck him on that spot, and he died there before ? . (2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB)
    http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm