Troy P was never great for all u fools who believed what the media told ya !!!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
when every player on your defense has an increased role all so u can freelance and "look good" it's because your a "liability" not "great defensive player" ....

there is a reason you'll never see troy p go in the slot and defend a wes welker or percy harvin like a ed reed would .... its because his ass would get torched so they'd rather have him roam all over the field with no true assignment while his boys bust their ass .

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i've seen troy make plays that ed reed has never made.

it works both way.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    maybe i'm missing something but isn't he a FREE safetly. I haven't seen one safety in this league come down in the slot and check wes welker.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    really?

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ngga said all he do is roam around...lollll

Meanwhile Ed Reed is the GOAT...b/c he roams around better than anybody...

"Boo this man!"
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Am i the only one thought this was a '2012' thread? lol
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No, no, Troy is great. I don't agree with you and your trolling(?).
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Am i the only one thought this was a '2012' thread? lol

lol.......
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    maybe i'm missing something but isn't he a FREE safetly. I haven't seen one safety in this league come down in the slot and check wes welker.

No...............................
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Are you ? kidding me..

Not that this makes one great but Troy P has had two of the greatest Interception in league history in one year i thinkit was 09.. i think Reed is better but these two cats are among the greatest ever.. There range and nose for the ball is just ridiculous
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i've seen troy make plays that ed reed has never made.
    it works both way.

I think both of them are great but humor me with the bolded..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think both of them are great but humor me with the bolded..

Troy makes alot more plays at the line of scrimmage and is a lil more physical
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

troy ain't ? and when the whole defensive scheme is built around u being able to roam it shows ....

btw whoever mentioned this ? has range obviously doesn't know ? about football ....
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nothing has to be said...just watch film and look at stats...sure hes not to good of a cover db but thats not how he's used in lebeau's defensive schemes.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ed Reed will never win a ring wih the ravens, with alll the stars they've had on defense you would think that they would have just made it to one by now...look at the 2008 season troy p was a big factor in the steelers making it to the bowl and we are a better defensive unit overall with him playing as opposed to him not playing.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Ed Reed will never win a ring wih the ravens, with alll the stars they've had on defense you would think that they would have just made it to one by now...look at the 2008 season troy p was a big factor in the steelers making it to the bowl and we are a better defensive unit overall with him playing as opposed to him not playing.

Roethlisberger>>>Flacoo
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Roethlisberger>>>Flacoo

Ok...but you ? ? me when you say the steelers have been winning despite of ben over the years...? has 25 game winning drives and 19 4th qaurter comebacks...and as a rookie he won almost every game...true the defense has been solid for years but you cant tell me if ben was a average qb or game manager the steelers wouldnt have been in any super bowl runs the past decade...ben can qb for baltimore and i bet you the ravens will win one.
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Naww

Theres plenty of die hard Ravens fans that acknowledge Troy as being at the same level as Reed regardless how each impacts a game.

Pure hate/ignorance says otherwise
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

But they basically use him as a linebacker so he should make more plays at the line..
    I will say he is more physical tho but thats how a SS should be..
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Troll thread/10.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Troy is great at what he does.... he really is a linebacker in a safetys body where ass Ed Reed could play corner or safety. Troy struggles covering wr's so they use him more for run support and blitizing. plus one is a fs and the other strong. Reed is a more complete player IMO
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    when every player on your defense has an increased role all so u can freelance and "look good" it's because your a "liability" not "great defensive player" ....

there is a reason you'll never see troy p go in the slot and defend a wes welker or percy harvin like a ed reed would .... its because his ass would get torched so they'd rather have him roam all over the field with no true assignment while his boys bust their ass .

So how come when Troy is out (which should allow them to play regularly instead of compensating for his shortcomings) the Steelers lose a lot more?
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? this thread. Yall ? me when u say BS like Troy is overrated. I mean, really? Smh! Troy is the SOUL of that steelers D and he is versatile. He can defend both the pass and the run. When the Steelers play without Troy the difference is easily noticeable unlike Ravens without Reed who plays wit Suggs,Ngata,Ray etc. Plus Troy is clutch.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just know this. Last year when Ben was out, the Steelers still looked decent. When Troy was out, they looked like ? .

We talking about the same dude that has jumped over the D and O lines to sack a QB? Come on man.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Troy does alot of ? to be flashy that doesn't always turn out the best. I'm going with Ed Reed as the better player. Wait. Thats not what this thread is about?
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options