50 Worst QB's of all time

2»

Comments

• rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Alot of college players are "system" players. Same can be said about some NFL stars too, but hey there's nothing higher than the NFL level.

Hell, even my Quarterback Landry Jones might be a bust in the NFL. He's perfect for OU's up-tempo pistol offense, but I just don't see him putting up decent numbers in the NFL... But somebody will waste a 1st or 2nd rounder on him.
    Landry Jones has bust written all over him. He will be a bust I gaurantee it!
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    rakim ii wrote: »

Sucks for him. As long as he's throwing for 500+ yards a game with that "O-U" on his helmet, he's cool with me.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    rakim ii wrote: »

only if they take him in the first round or early second. he wont turn around a franchise but if you put him behind someone where he can hold a clipboard and develop for 2-3 years i think he could be decent

its not like he got a weak arm or cant read a defense. with QBs, coaching is as much a factor as skill. ? ... tom brady couldnt beat out drew henson at michigan and now look
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    only if they take him in the first round or early second. he wont turn around a franchise but if you put him behind someone where he can hold a clipboard and develop for 2-3 years i think he could be decent

its not like he got a weak arm or cant read a defense. with QBs, coaching is as much a factor as skill. ? ... tom brady couldnt beat out drew henson at michigan and now look

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly.

He'd be a steal in any round later than the 2nd or 3rd. But I wouldn't dare take him in the first. Unless I already had a aging star quarterback and looking to groom him.

There's no way you could throw him in a situation like what Sam Bradford got thrown in and expect him to succeed. Dude is currently surrounded by nothing but 4 and 5-star recruits. If he doesn't have similar caliber talent around him in the NFL, he'll look like a blind-folded Tony Romo.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Drew Henson..

Jerry was jockin him like he was elway or somthing
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Drew Henson..

Jerry was jockin him like he was elway or somthing

Yeah him and Chad Hutchinson. He was pushing hard for Parcells to play either of them over Quincy Carter when Carter was clearly the better QB. So that leads me to believe that Jones didnt want a black QB. Parcells was working on Carter and he was getting better.
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Just2C wrote: »
    Tim Tebow will be added to this list 10 years from now
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Just2C wrote: »
    Yeah him and Chad Hutchinson. He was pushing hard for Parcells to play either of them over Quincy Carter when Carter was clearly the better QB. So that leads me to believe that Jones didnt want a black QB. Parcells was working on Carter and he was getting better.

Yah they were lookin for every excuse to get Carter out of there too then he ? up. Anthony Wright had some good moments too
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Yah they were lookin for every excuse to get Carter out of there too then he ? up. Anthony Wright had some good moments too

Hell I think we had Tony Banks for a minute and even he was better then those 2
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    the list was pretty wack to me.How can mark bulger be on there? Bubby brister was a career backup that helped Denver win a superbowl, how is he on the list?
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Jake Plummer and Derek Anderson don't deserve all that.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    How on earth is Jake Plummer, Derric Anderson, Mark Bulger and David Carr (who's not bad just had the worst O-line in history) be on the list but Todd Marinovich didn't make it?

* scratching my head on that *