Breaking News: In Living Color Being Rebooted by FOX

arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
From IGN.com:

? D. Clown fans rejoice! FOX is rebooting the 1990s sketch-comedy series In Living Color, with creator Keenen Ivory Wayans set to return as the host.

According to FOX's official press release, the reboot will air Spring 2012, as two half-hour specials that will feature a new cast of "fresh, young talent" as well as musical guests.

Deadline.com reports that Color 2.0 will air as part of the network's 25th anniversary celebration, and the reboot carries a series option as well. So if the first two installments are a ratings success, the reboot will get a regular series slot on FOX's schedule next season.

In Living Color originally aired from 1990 to 1994. Its brand of sketch comedy helped start the careers of Jim Carrey, Damon Wayans, Jamie Foxx and former Fly Girl Jennifer Lopez. No word yet if any of the show's former cast members will make special guest appearances.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Could be great could be terrible.. ? if they have the main cast well most of them to appear a some point it will be good.

Thursday nights use to be the ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I would expect to see the original cast come in and do thier old characters as special guest...Id be highly dissapointed if they didnt....im def. interested
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    funky finger productions!!!!!!
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Nah but for real they gotta bring back funky finger productions.

Mixing the old cast with the new could be a good look too. Gotta have a DJ, fly girls, musical guest at the end, all that ? . But what do I know, I'm just a ? posting on a hiphop forum
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ? fox is desperate...whats next married with children?

But thats new charlie sheen sitcom should be dope...to bad its on FX, which is good....
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ? fox is desperate...whats next married with children?

But thats new charlie sheen sitcom should be dope...to bad its on FX, which is good....

gtfoh...his last one was ?
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    This sounds good...but like someone said this could be bad as well..we'll see how this turns out
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    which comedians would you like to see on there?
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    this will turn bad, mark my words.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Everybody keeps wanting to recreate a classic but it was a classic for a reason. I hope it works out for them, but you just have to let the past be the past.

If you look at most music albums, classic movies, tv shows, or whatever from the past...... they all say the same thing.

"We were just trying to make a good creative show, and ..................." some luck happens, other things happens, and stuff just fall into place.

But they all start by just trying to make a good quality product and the rest kinda falls into place. You cant start off trying to make a cult classic or classic product, because you will over think and analyze too much. These shows need to just try making a quality product and let the rest fall into place.

I read that Robert Shaw from the movie "jaws" was there 2nd or 3rd choice I think. But Jaws probably wouldnt have been a classic without Shaw. It seems like we are trying to re create the feelings and experiences we had when we were young on this current generation, but you cant force that ? . i dont know, i just think all the classic stuff form the 90's and 80's just needs to be left alone in my opinion.
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Im not gonna ? on this. I'll reserve opinion till the cast is set.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited October 2011
    Sometime you can't recreate magic
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    i'm not optimistic
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Sounds good but this is fox so prepare for the worst
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    jay83 wrote: »
    Everybody keeps wanting to recreate a classic but it was a classic for a reason. I hope it works out for them, but you just have to let the past be the past.

If you look at most music albums, classic movies, tv shows, or whatever from the past...... they all say the same thing.

"We were just trying to make a good creative show, and ..................." some luck happens, other things happens, and stuff just fall into place.

But they all start by just trying to make a good quality product and the rest kinda falls into place. You cant start off trying to make a cult classic or classic product, because you will over think and analyze too much. These shows need to just try making a quality product and let the rest fall into place.

I read that Robert Shaw from the movie "jaws" was there 2nd or 3rd choice I think. But Jaws probably wouldnt have been a classic without Shaw. It seems like we are trying to re create the feelings and experiences we had when we were young on this current generation, but you cant force that ? . i dont know, i just think all the classic stuff form the 90's and 80's just needs to be left alone in my opinion.

this whole post.... I would love for it to work though.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    If Jim Carey don't show up I can't respect it.
  • ShawnCoonery
    ShawnCoonery Members Posts: 211
    edited November 2011
    Ibex wrote: »
    If Jim Carey don't show up I can't respect it.

he aint doing ? else
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    you know damn well jim carrey wont show up. unless they pay his ass a huge sum
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Hope they wont whitewash this ? ..
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited November 2011
    Hope they wont whitewash this ? ..

most likely they will
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    will jlo dance?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    just gonna hope for the best.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    I'm skeptical.

FOX ruined the original with all the censoring and re-editing they did. With NONE of the orignal cast around, this is sure to be an abomination.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    ? is gonna be terrible, mark my words