What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Restitution of ALL things

beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Many of you probably have never heard a preacher using the first two scriptures below because they don't preach the entire truth about how the Bible does teach Universal Reconciliation to God.

Many wicked self righteous people dont want you to know this but this is the work Jesus did on the cross.

The early Christian church starting in first & second centuries taught about a Restitution of ALL things whether in heaven or earth to God through the blood of Jesus since Jesus took AWAY the sins of the world on the cross. What happened to that teaching? Now a days there is a teaching of a everlasting hell.


Acts 3:21
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:


John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
«1

Replies

  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    there are many scriptures that speak on a restition of all things. the one below is another one.

    1 Timothy 2:3-6
    3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

    4Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

    5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

    6Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time.
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Then why are there so many other scriptures mentioning destruction, eternal condemnation, torments and the such?
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Then why are there so many other scriptures mentioning destruction, eternal condemnation, torments and the such?

    if there is a eternity in hell then how could the other scriptures be true?
  • The True FleshThe True Flesh Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    This is a deep topic. Let's keep the discussion going.

    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

    It's beyond our comprehension and beyond the scope of even the most solid analysis. God transcends space and time and "eternity" is still a unit of LINEAR TIME.......That's howcome there's no contradiction there.


    For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 1 John 3:20


    Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

    And all flesh shall see the salvation of God. Luke 3:5-6



    Ponder this one:



    For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Psalm 16:10





    PEACE
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    One thing is clear the Bible says Jesus is "SAVIOR OF THE WORLD." It does not say half, a part, or a fraction of the world.

    John the Baptist says Jesus is the Lamb of God that took AWAY the sin of the world. That includes the sins of everybody!


    Adam did not defeat Jesus... Jesus defeated Adam!
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    This is a deep topic. Let's keep the discussion going.

    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

    It's beyond our comprehension and beyond the scope of even the most solid analysis. God transcends space and time and "eternity" is still a unit of LINEAR TIME.......That's howcome there's no contradiction there.


    For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 1 John 3:20


    Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

    And all flesh shall see the salvation of God. Luke 3:5-6



    Ponder this one:



    For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Psalm 16:10





    PEACE

    powerful scripture showing that Jesus is "Savior of the world" that includes ALL.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    If Jesus came to the world to be Savior of the world and to RECONCILE the WORLD to himself then why would he send even half the world to an everlasting hell?

    Have a look at the scriptues below.

    2 Corinthians 5:18-21
    And ALL things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

    Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    To me...the issue isn't about whether Jesus did what he said he did. The issue is whether "the world" believes that.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    alissowack wrote: »
    To me...the issue isn't about whether Jesus did what he said he did. The issue is whether "the world" believes that.

    Most of the world isn't taught the scriptures correctly. The Roman Catholic church has poisoned peoples minds with the doctrine of eternal hell without redemption. Four of the Six main Theogical Schools during the first and second centuries taught Universal Reconciliation. Only one taught eternal hell which was the school in Rome I believe.

    1 Timothy 4:10
    For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL men, specially of those that believe.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    beenwize wrote: »
    Most of the world isn't taught the scriptures correctly. The Roman Catholic church has poisoned peoples minds with the doctrine of eternal hell without redemption. Four of the Six main Theogical Schools during the first and second centuries taught Universal Reconciliation. Only one taught eternal hell which was the school in Rome I believe.

    1 Timothy 4:10
    For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL men, specially of those that believe.

    Though the Roman Catholic Church do play a role in the deception, I feel it goes much deeper than just being taught incorrectly.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    During the early christian times it was the norm for someone to believe in Universal Reconcilliation.

    Here is one of many books I recommend to those interested. they will point out and explain the Biblical scriptures that teach this. God did not fail, he will save ALL.

    Destined for Salvation: God's Promise to Save Everyone [Paperback]
    Kalen K. Fristad (Author)

    PREFACE
    I have written this book to let the workd in on a secret that the Church has kept away from most people for the last 1,400 years. This is the secret: God will eventually save everyone. This truth, supported by the Bible, was widely accepted by early Christians for over 500 years. The belief in universal salvation was threatening to some Church leaders and the teaching was banished in the sixth century. In the eighteenth century, Christians once again began to affirm Universalism. Since then, many theologians, church leaders and millions of Christians have espoused it. God promises to save everyone, so there is hope for us all.

    The hope of universal salvation stands in bold contrast to what many people claim to be good news. That is, God succeeds in saving those who have the good sense to become converted before death, but for the others, God throws them into hell and tosses away the key.

    Thoughtful people are justified in rebelling against a God who would do such a thing. They seem to instinctively know that God is not condemning, but loving and saving. They consider the perception of the God of eternal damnation, as commonly taught by most Christian churches, to be incredibly bad news. The belief that God will not or cannot save everyone, and even imposes and enforces everlasting punishment, turns many people against God. That often results in spiritual tragedies, such as atheism, meaninglessness, meanness, and Satanism.

    I too rebel against the teaching of a God of eternal damnation. Two of the most basic tenets of my faith are that God is unconditionally loving and is all-powerful. It is because of those two foundational beliefs and the specific support of universalism in the Bible that I am compelled to believe in it. A God who, out of love, desperately wants to save everyone but is unable to accomplish, it, isn't much of a God. By the same token, A God who is quite capable of saving everyone but callously chooses to not do so is not much of a God. But the all-powerful and all-loving God as presented in the Scriptures, and in whom I believe, has enough love and power to save all of humankind.

    This book is for those who are not content with the common teachings regarding God and everlasting punishment in hell, for those who are seeking more profound spiritual truth, and for those who are in outright rebellion against the Church, and even against God. I invite you to join me in exploring the issue of universalism and why it is so important for the people of today and will be for those in the generations to come.



    Book Description
    Publication Date: June 2003
    God will not abandon lost people, in this life or the next, but will continue to work for their conversion and transformation until everyone is saved. This view was widely held by early Christians, and is supported by many passages of Scripture and by the contention that God is more patient, loving and forgiving than human parents who would not punish their own children without end.
    This is important because the teaching of a God of eternal damnation causes many people to reject God and consequently experience hell. On the other hand, the message of an unconditionally loving, forgiving and saving God leads many previously disillusioned people to cheerfully embrace God. Also, people's perceptiion of God determines how they live their lives. If they believe God is judgmental, vengeful, and unforgiving they can easily justify acting that way themselves. But if they believe God is loving, kind, patient and forgiving, people are more likely to act that way as well.
    ===============================================================
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    beenwize wrote: »
    During the early christian times it was the norm for someone to believe in Universal Reconcilliation.

    Here is one of many books I recommend to those interested. they will point out and explain the Biblical scriptures that teach this. God did not fail, he will save ALL.

    Destined for Salvation: God's Promise to Save Everyone [Paperback]
    Kalen K. Fristad (Author)

    PREFACE
    I have written this book to let the workd in on a secret that the Church has kept away from most people for the last 1,400 years. This is the secret: God will eventually save everyone. This truth, supported by the Bible, was widely accepted by early Christians for over 500 years. The belief in universal salvation was threatening to some Church leaders and the teaching was banished in the sixth century. In the eighteenth century, Christians once again began to affirm Universalism. Since then, many theologians, church leaders and millions of Christians have espoused it. God promises to save everyone, so there is hope for us all.

    The hope of universal salvation stands in bold contrast to what many people claim to be good news. That is, God succeeds in saving those who have the good sense to become converted before death, but for the others, God throws them into hell and tosses away the key.

    Thoughtful people are justified in rebelling against a God who would do such a thing. They seem to instinctively know that God is not condemning, but loving and saving. They consider the perception of the God of eternal damnation, as commonly taught by most Christian churches, to be incredibly bad news. The belief that God will not or cannot save everyone, and even imposes and enforces everlasting punishment, turns many people against God. That often results in spiritual tragedies, such as atheism, meaninglessness, meanness, and Satanism.

    I too rebel against the teaching of a God of eternal damnation. Two of the most basic tenets of my faith are that God is unconditionally loving and is all-powerful. It is because of those two foundational beliefs and the specific support of universalism in the Bible that I am compelled to believe in it. A God who, out of love, desperately wants to save everyone but is unable to accomplish, it, isn't much of a God. By the same token, A God who is quite capable of saving everyone but callously chooses to not do so is not much of a God. But the all-powerful and all-loving God as presented in the Scriptures, and in whom I believe, has enough love and power to save all of humankind.

    This book is for those who are not content with the common teachings regarding God and everlasting punishment in hell, for those who are seeking more profound spiritual truth, and for those who are in outright rebellion against the Church, and even against God. I invite you to join me in exploring the issue of universalism and why it is so important for the people of today and will be for those in the generations to come.



    Book Description
    Publication Date: June 2003
    God will not abandon lost people, in this life or the next, but will continue to work for their conversion and transformation until everyone is saved. This view was widely held by early Christians, and is supported by many passages of Scripture and by the contention that God is more patient, loving and forgiving than human parents who would not punish their own children without end.
    This is important because the teaching of a God of eternal damnation causes many people to reject God and consequently experience hell. On the other hand, the message of an unconditionally loving, forgiving and saving God leads many previously disillusioned people to cheerfully embrace God. Also, people's perceptiion of God determines how they live their lives. If they believe God is judgmental, vengeful, and unforgiving they can easily justify acting that way themselves. But if they believe God is loving, kind, patient and forgiving, people are more likely to act that way as well.
    ===============================================================

    After reading the text, I don't particularly agree with the direction of where he is going. He is doing what we all tend to do with God...try to figure Him out. Just like there are those who think He is vengeful, there are those who think He is loving...and it is their own perception on what "vengeful" and "loving" that falsify God. There is a verse that says God is beyond understanding...and yet for whatever reasons we have we try anyway to understand.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    beenwize wrote: »
    if there is a eternity in hell then how could the other scriptures be true?
    it's never a question of whether the scriptures are true or not, but whether the scriptures are being understood in the correct context. if one or more scriptures appear to contradict, the first thing we need to do is slow down and consider the entire context being given in each area. generally when it seems to contradict, it is just 'adding' to the full understanding. and also if you want to have a sound understanding of scripture 3 things must always be considered: 1. Who's talking? 2. who are they talking to? 3. what are they talking about? <---these rules must be applied in any sound Bible study.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    it's never a question of whether the scriptures are true or not, but whether the scriptures are being understood in the correct context. if one or more scriptures appear to contradict, the first thing we need to do is slow down and consider the entire context being given in each area. generally when it seems to contradict, it is just 'adding' to the full understanding. and also if you want to have a sound understanding of scripture 3 things must always be considered: 1. Who's talking? 2. who are they talking to? 3. what are they talking about? <---these rules must be applied in any sound Bible study.


    the scriptures i posted are understood in the correct context. they clearly speak on a restitition of ALL things. if u think that Jesus died in vain then the burden is on u.
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    of course Jesus didn't die in vain...everyone will be saved. everyone that does what though? the scriptures you posted don't answer that. we need more information. 3000 souls asked this very question on the day of Pentecost when Peter preached and he did NOT tell them, "Go home, Jesus died for all of your sins already, that's all you need to know".
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    of course Jesus didn't die in vain...everyone will be saved. everyone that does what though? the scriptures you posted don't include any of that information. so if you draw a conclusion that everyone will be saved based on those scriptures ALONE, that means you drew a premature conclusion about God's plan of salvation and it that's involved with it. No where in the Bible does it say the ONLY thing that saves mankind is the fact that Jesus died for our sins.

    sir the scripture below says Jesus will have ALL men to be saved and it goes on to say his death was a ransom for ALL that will be testfied in due time. now u dont understand simple scripture?

    1 Timothy 2:3-6
    3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

    4Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

    5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

    6Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time.





    also the scripture below says that Jesus is the Savior of ALL men then it says especially those that believe. So therefore it speaks on saving of men one day that dont even believe now.

    1 Timothy 4:10
    For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL men, specially of those that believe.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    of course Jesus didn't die in vain...everyone will be saved. everyone that does what though? the scriptures you posted don't answer that. we need more information. 3000 souls asked this very question on the day of Pentecost when Peter preached and he did NOT tell them, "Go home, Jesus died for all of your sins already, that's all you need to know".


    u might want to refer to my other thread entitled "wicked hypocrtical christians" since it seems u rather believe in a God that sends people to everlasting hell since u want to be a chosen self righteous christian.

    the Bible also teaches that we dont earn salvation ourselves... salvation is a "free gift" by God through Jesus Christ and he already finished that job 2,000 years ago.

    John 19:30
    When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Wow you sure whipping out a lot of scripture for someone who supposedly don't believe in the Bible!
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    of course Jesus didn't die in vain...everyone will be saved. everyone that does what though? the scriptures you posted don't answer that. we need more information. 3000 souls asked this very question on the day of Pentecost when Peter preached and he did NOT tell them, "Go home, Jesus died for all of your sins already, that's all you need to know".

    and what did those 3,000 souls do? they all were baptized. but that doesnt mean Jesus wont save men that arent baptized or that havent heard the gospel.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Wow you sure whipping out a lot of scripture for someone who supposedly don't believe in the Bible!


    wen did i say i didnt believe mr self rightesous christian?
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    beenwize wrote: »
    wen did i say i didnt believe mr self rightesous christian?
    you've quoted several scripture in this thread that you appear to be in agreement with, while simultaneously having posts by you in another thread where you refer to the Holy scriptures as a quote unquote
    white man religious book;
    xD
    dang you switched your stance towards da Bible pretty quick!!?? that was just a day or two ago, you must be a vet
    beenwize wrote: »
    sir the scripture below says Jesus will have ALL men to be saved and it goes on to say his death was a ransom for ALL that will be testfied in due time. now u dont understand simple scripture?

    1 Timothy 2:3-6
    3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

    4Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

    5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

    6Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time.

    then why is there so many verses that mention Hell, torments, and eternal destruction?

    beenwize wrote: »
    also the scripture below says that Jesus is the Savior of ALL men then it says especially those that believe. So therefore it speaks on saving of men one day that dont even believe now.
    saving men one day that don't even believe now, when they do what: do believe? or when they refuse to believe?
    beenwize wrote: »
    and what did those 3,000 souls do? they all were baptized. but that doesnt mean Jesus wont save men that arent baptized or that havent heard the gospel.
    It doesn't mean that Jesus won't save men that aren't baptized or that haven't heard the gospel in which scenario: The one when they eventually do hear the gospel and are baptized? Or the one when they eventually do hear the gospel and disobey?
    Btw, before you even go there, a hypothetical scenario from your imagination isn't proof of one thing or the next taught in the Bible. Just because in theory it's possible for someone to live an entire life time without hearing the gospel doesn't mean it actually happens in reality. You have to prove it happens in reality first which i think is pretty impossible for you to do lol.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    you've quoted several scripture in this thread that you appear to be in agreement with, while simultaneously having posts by you in another thread where you refer to the Holy scriptures as a quote unquote
    xD
    dang you switched your stance towards da Bible pretty quick!!?? that was just a day or two ago, you must be a vet



    then why is there so many verses that mention Hell, torments, and eternal destruction?



    saving men one day that don't even believe now, when they do what: do believe? or when they refuse to believe?


    It doesn't mean that Jesus won't save men that aren't baptized or that haven't heard the gospel in which scenario: The one when they eventually do hear the gospel and are baptized? Or the one when they eventually do hear the gospel and disobey?
    Btw, before you even go there, a hypothetical scenario from your imagination isn't proof of one thing or the next taught in the Bible. Just because in theory it's possible for someone to live an entire life time without hearing the gospel doesn't mean it actually happens in reality. You have to prove it happens in reality first which i think is pretty impossible for you to do lol.

    sir you havent proved anything... Are you saying Jesus did not die for the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD?

    According to John the Baptist Jesus took AWAY the sin of the world. Not the sin of some or a few but the WORLD.

    Jesus says he will have ALL men to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth.

    Oh there is much more scripture proving of a restitution of ALL things. Also the Christian concept of hell is not Biblical and false.
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    beenwize wrote: »
    sir you havent proved anything... Are you saying Jesus did not die for the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD?
    let's start simple...
    Yeshua dying for the sin of the world is not the issue. That's one thing. The entire world accepting the Gospel message, making it to heaven is another. "when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;" (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) That's a tough pill to swallow, but it goes to prove that, unfortunately, the entire world is not going to make it.

    if you just can't accept that, i don't know what to tell you.
    beenwize wrote: »
    According to John the Baptist Jesus took AWAY the sin of the world. Not the sin of some or a few but the WORLD.
    Assuming you talking about John 1:29. "The next day John sees Jesus coming to him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world." (john 1:29)
    For one, the verse alone does not answer 'when' that happens. Second, the Greek word 'airó', translated in english as 'takes away' means to 'raise, take up, lift' - per Strong. It is present active/future tense. All translations across the board read in this same tense. Therefore, to present it as 'took away' would be incorrect and inaccurate, which is what you did. Whether you intentionally did this for some malicious cause or not isn't clear.
    beenwize wrote: »
    Jesus says he will have ALL men to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth.
    'Will have' meaning 'desires to have'. Of course God wants all of us to choose to follow and live according to His will, being saved. But will all men make it? "Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)
    beenwize wrote: »
    Also the Christian concept of hell is not Biblical and false.
    there's no such thing as the 'Christian' concept of hell; there is only the Biblical one.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    let's start simple...
    Yeshua dying for the sin of the world is not the issue. That's one thing. The entire world accepting the Gospel message, making it to heaven is another. "when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;" (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) That's a tough pill to swallow, but it goes to prove that, unfortunately, the entire world is not going to make it.

    if you just can't accept that, i don't know what to tell you.


    Assuming you talking about John 1:29. "The next day John sees Jesus coming to him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world." (john 1:29)
    For one, the verse alone does not answer 'when' that happens. Second, the Greek word 'airó', translated in english as 'takes away' means to 'raise, take up, lift' - per Strong. It is present active/future tense. All translations across the board read in this same tense. Therefore, to present it as 'took away' would be incorrect and inaccurate, which is what you did. Whether you intentionally did this for some malicious cause or not isn't clear.


    'Will have' meaning 'desires to have'. Of course God wants all of us to choose to follow and live according to His will, being saved. But will all men make it? "Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)


    there's no such thing as the 'Christian' concept of hell; there is only the Biblical one.

    Look the scriptures teach on a restitution of all things whether in heaven or in earth. If you dont want to accept god's word and his truth then thats on you.

    You seem to take everything you read in the Bible as literal. If thats the case then you should take the scriptures below literal as well.

    Deuteronomy 32:22
    For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

    The earth has been consumed and fire is on mountains?

    Jeremiah 17:4
    And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

    While we are in heaven God is still going to have a fire kindled in his anger since the above verse says forever?

    Jude 1:7
    Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

    Are the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha still suffering eternal fire?

    Matthew 11:23
    And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

    Capernaum is a CITY... Are you saying God is going to send a whole city into hell to burn forever? lol u better understand the meaning of Biblical words.

    ===============================================

    Now you claim that Jesus did not "take away" the sin of the world? Jesus, John the Baptist and the word of god proves otherwise. Below Jesus says his ransom was for ALL and will be testified in due time.


    1 Timothy 2:6
    Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time.

    John 1:29
    The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

    The scripture above says "TAKES AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD" And when we go into the greek "take away" means airó.

    The definition of "take away" aka "airo" is

    lift up, take away, remove,

    NASB Word Usage
    away (5), bear (4), carried (1), carry (1), get (4), hoisted (1), keep (1), lifted (2), pick (9), picked (11), pulls away (2), put away (1), raised (2), remove (1), removed (3), suspense* (1), take (13), take away (5), take...away (4), taken (3), taken...away (1), taken away (12), takes away (7), taking (1), took (2), took...away (1), took away (3), weighed anchor (1).

    Also the word "world" in this scripture means "kosmos" in the greek which means UNIVERSE.


    If you believe in a doctrine of eternal hell then how can ALL the seed of the man named Israel eventually be saved.

    Isaiah 45:25
    In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.
    ==========================================================

    According to your doctrine of eternal punishment god must have failed at reconciling the world to himself??? Is that the case?

    2 Corinthians 5:18
    And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.





    I will post more scriptures showing that the word of god teaches a restitution of all things.
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Will an all loving God cast off billions upon billions of his creations to burn for an eternity?


    Lamentations 3:31-32
    For the LORD will not cast off for ever:

    But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

    When Jesus said that a rich man can hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven his disciples were shocked at what he said and asked him "Who then can be saved?" And Jesus said with God ALL things are possible. And like the scripture teach Jesus will be the "Savior of the world" whether u believe it or not.

    Matthew 19:23-26
    23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

    24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

    25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

    26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.