Sex before marriage is not a sin

waynefan
waynefan Members Posts: 129
edited October 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Nowhere in the bible or in church did they say that sex before marriage was a sin so who came up that.

Adultery refers to abnormal sexual activity but sex between a man and a woman is natural and everybody in church has had premarital sex so I dont know where that came from.

I aint never heard anybody tell me that I should wait until marriage to have sex and say that I have sinned because I ? someone so am I hearing wrong because I dont see anywhere in the bible does it say that.

I think some people just mad cause they cant get sex so they make up its a sin so people could feel guilt.

Comments

• makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited October 2011
    What does the Bible say about sex before marriage?

Question: "What does the Bible say about sex before marriage?"

Answer: There is no Hebrew or Greek word used in the Bible that precisely refers to sex before marriage. The Bible undeniably condemns adultery and sexual immorality, but is sex before marriage considered sexually immoral? According to 1 Corinthians 7:2, “yes” is the clear answer: “But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.” In this verse, Paul states that marriage is the “cure” for sexual immorality. First Corinthians 7:2 is essentially saying that, because people cannot control themselves and so many are having immoral sex outside of marriage, people should get married. Then they can fulfill their passions in a moral way.

Since 1 Corinthians 7:2 clearly includes sex before marriage in the definition of sexual immorality, all of the Bible verses that condemn sexual immorality as being sinful also condemn sex before marriage as sinful. Sex before marriage is included in the biblical definition of sexual immorality. There are numerous Scriptures that declare sex before marriage to be a sin (Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13, 18; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which ? approves (Hebrews 13:4).

Far too often we focus on the “recreation” aspect of sex without recognizing that there is another aspect—procreation. Sex within marriage is pleasurable, and ? designed it that way. ? wants men and women to enjoy sexual activity within the confines of marriage. Song of Solomon and several other Bible passages (such as Proverbs 5:19) clearly describe the pleasure of sex. However, the couple must understand that ? ’s intent for sex includes producing children. Thus, for a couple to engage in sex before marriage is doubly wrong—they are enjoying pleasures not intended for them, and they are taking a chance of creating a human life outside of the family structure ? intended for every child.

While practicality does not determine right from wrong, if the Bible's message on sex before marriage were obeyed, there would be far fewer sexually transmitted diseases, far fewer abortions, far fewer unwed mothers and unwanted pregnancies, and far fewer children growing up without both parents in their lives. Abstinence is ? ’s only policy when it comes to sex before marriage. Abstinence saves lives, protects babies, gives sexual relations the proper value, and, most importantly, honors ? .
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    They are mad because everyone don't believe a belief that they are ? because they start having sex. (before marriage)They started having sex with the wrong mentality, so they assume everyone who is having sex have their corrupted mentality.

The same goes with getting money, and having a job. u would be surprised that some people sell out for office positions. One of the reasons I can't work in a office anymore because I experienced corruption in the corporate work place. Thats when I came to conclusion I definately have to be a operator of a business. corporate america is corrupted and breeded these sell out mentalites.
  • Real Lady
    edited October 2011
    mrsoutcity wrote: »
    ? the bible.

but the same ones who say ? the bible are the same ones, who are judging others based on how their religion taught them scriptures..

I noticed that the athiest are the main ones calling people ? and ? if they are having sex
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ? the bible.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Emotional post.
  • makaveli03
    edited October 2011
    ? the bible.

what did the bible do to you?
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    makaveli03 wrote: »

lied to his people............
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ? the bible.

nerd post...
  • SoutCity
    edited October 2011

I was trying to derail the thread and it work...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ? the bible.

^ ^ ^ What he said.
  • Real Lady
    edited October 2011
    What does the Bible say about sex before marriage?

Question: "What does the Bible say about sex before marriage?"

Answer: There is no Hebrew or Greek word used in the Bible that precisely refers to sex before marriage. The Bible undeniably condemns adultery and sexual immorality, but is sex before marriage considered sexually immoral? According to 1 Corinthians 7:2, “yes” is the clear answer: “But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.” In this verse, Paul states that marriage is the “cure” for sexual immorality. First Corinthians 7:2 is essentially saying that, because people cannot control themselves and so many are having immoral sex outside of marriage, people should get married. Then they can fulfill their passions in a moral way.

Since 1 Corinthians 7:2 clearly includes sex before marriage in the definition of sexual immorality, all of the Bible verses that condemn sexual immorality as being sinful also condemn sex before marriage as sinful. Sex before marriage is included in the biblical definition of sexual immorality. There are numerous Scriptures that declare sex before marriage to be a sin (Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13, 18; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which ? approves (Hebrews 13:4).

Far too often we focus on the “recreation” aspect of sex without recognizing that there is another aspect—procreation. Sex within marriage is pleasurable, and ? designed it that way. ? wants men and women to enjoy sexual activity within the confines of marriage. Song of Solomon and several other Bible passages (such as Proverbs 5:19) clearly describe the pleasure of sex. However, the couple must understand that ? ’s intent for sex includes producing children. Thus, for a couple to engage in sex before marriage is doubly wrong—they are enjoying pleasures not intended for them, and they are taking a chance of creating a human life outside of the family structure ? intended for every child.

While practicality does not determine right from wrong, if the Bible's message on sex before marriage were obeyed, there would be far fewer sexually transmitted diseases, far fewer abortions, far fewer unwed mothers and unwanted pregnancies, and far fewer children growing up without both parents in their lives. Abstinence is ? ’s only policy when it comes to sex before marriage. Abstinence saves lives, protects babies, gives sexual relations the proper value, and, most importantly, honors ? .

actually there is alot of scriptures against sexual immorality, but not scriptures saying that sex before marriage is sexual immorality. Religion interprets the bible different than the actual scriptures, and most people don't really read scriptures, they are dictated by pastors, and preachers what the scriptures are saying. Tho there are alot of commandments in the bible, people fail to read the whole story in the chapter. They will take certain scriptures and mesh it with others. In some cases the rules was applied to a certain time and situation that was happening, then certain commandments were written by prophets, for that time. Just like the 10 commandments were the commandments for the children of israell during that time when they were doing alot of abomonations, and killing with unjustice.

Later on, The prophet came to annoit david to ? goliath, so therefore david was annoited to be a killer. Then he was praised for his army killing more than sauls. In certain scriptures ? actually authorize isreal to ? , when they were under unjust authority. The war of armegedon, is a war between good and evil, and during that war, it's a righteous army and unrighteous. Therefore it means the righteous would ? . In war it's not just one side killing.

Like the scritpures in the old testmatent that tell ppl what to eat. You have to remember in those times it was unhealthy to eat certain foods because the food could not be cleaned. They were not living in the times of technology when you are able to clean certain meat, so in those days it was prohibited. When time changes so do the law. Thats why it was a new testament.

Certain people combine the new testament and the old and they mesh the scriptures together. I had a black isrealite conversation, and they believe you can't eat strimp and crab, so I asked him, so do u believe you go to hell for eating these foods. Then he flips to a scripture that had nothing to do with food that read: & THE LORD SHALL COME WITH WRATH AND FURY" but the whole passage had nothing to do with "seafood".

Not saying that sin is o.k with ? , but in the bible people are warned not to sin, but then later salvation is offered to those who sin. The only thing ? codmens and the hyprocrits and reprobates, that turn their hearts from truth, not the people who commit sin or error. But when the preachers and teachers break it down, they twist it up like ? comes to judge sinners on judgement days, but in the scriptures it says on judgment day he will judge the LIARS.
  • SoutCity
    edited October 2011
    Real Lady wrote: »
    but the same ones who say ? the bible are the same ones, who are judging others based on how their religion taught them scriptures..

I noticed that the athiest are the main ones calling people ? and ? if they are having sex

Who the ? said I judge people?
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    hoes been outchea ? since the beginning of humanity g
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Think about it like this bruh...

If every body waited til they got married... There would be like zero std's....
  • raevanaa
    raevanaa Confirm Email Posts: 212
    edited October 2011
    I don't really give a damn about sinning and what not. All I know is that excessive premarital sex is bad for everybody. Eventually someone's going to get hurt, an STD, a bad reputation, or pregnant. If you're gonna do it, just do it in moderation.
  • makaveli03
    edited October 2011
    actually there is alot of scriptures against sexual immorality, but not scriptures saying that sex before marriage is sexual immorality. Religion interprets the bible different than the actual scriptures, and most people don't really read scriptures, they are dictated by pastors, and preachers what the scriptures are saying. Tho there are alot of commandments in the bible, people fail to read the whole story in the chapter. They will take certain scriptures and mesh it with others. In some cases the rules was applied to a certain time and situation that was happening, then certain commandments were written by prophets, for that time. Just like the 10 commandments were the commandments for the children of israell during that time when they were doing alot of abomonations, and killing with unjustice.

Later on, The prophet came to annoit david to ? goliath, so therefore david was annoited to be a killer. Then he was praised for his army killing more than sauls. In certain scriptures ? actually authorize isreal to ? , when they were under unjust authority. The war of armegedon, is a war between good and evil, and during that war, it's a righteous army and unrighteous. Therefore it means the righteous would ? . In war it's not just one side killing.

Like the scritpures in the old testmatent that tell ppl what to eat. You have to remember in those times it was unhealthy to eat certain foods because the food could not be cleaned. They were not living in the times of technology when you are able to clean certain meat, so in those days it was prohibited. When time changes so do the law. Thats why it was a new testament.

Certain people combine the new testament and the old and they mesh the scriptures together. I had a black isrealite conversation, and they believe you can't eat strimp and crab, so I asked him, so do u believe you go to hell for eating these foods. Then he flips to a scripture that had nothing to do with food that read: & THE LORD SHALL COME WITH WRATH AND FURY" but the whole passage had nothing to do with "seafood".

Not saying that sin is o.k with ? , but in the bible people are warned not to sin, but then later salvation is offered to those who sin. The only thing ? codmens and the hyprocrits and reprobates, that turn their hearts from truth, not the people who commit sin or error. But when the preachers and teachers break it down, they twist it up like ? comes to judge sinners on judgement days, but in the scriptures it says on judgment day he will judge the LIARS.

Why is sexual purity so important?

Question: "Why is sexual purity so important?"

Answer: ? gave man and woman the joy and pleasure of sexual relations within the bounds of marriage, and the Bible is clear about the importance of maintaining sexual purity within the boundaries of that union between man and wife (Ephesians 5:31). Humans are well aware of the pleasing effect of this gift from ? but have expanded it well beyond marriage and into virtually any circumstance. The secular world’s philosophy of “if it feels good, do it” pervades cultures, especially in the West, to the point where sexual purity is seen as archaic and unnecessary.

Yet look at what ? says about sexual purity. “You should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate ? like the heathen, who do not know ? .” “For ? did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life” (1 Thessalonians 4:3-5, 7). This passage outlines ? ’s reasons for calling for sexual purity in the lives of His children.

First, we are “sanctified” and for that reason, we are to avoid sexual immorality. The Greek word translated “sanctified” means literally “purified, made holy, consecrated [unto ? ].” As Christians, we are to live a purified life because we have been made holy by the exchange of our sin for the righteousness of Christ on the cross and have been made completely new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17-21). Our old natures, with all their impurities, sexual and otherwise, have died and now the life we live, we live by faith in the One who died for us (Galatians 2:20). To continue in sexual impurity (fornication) is to deny that and doing so is, in fact, a legitimate reason to question whether we have ever truly been born again. Sanctification, the process by which we become more and more Christlike, is an essential evidence of the reality of our salvation.

We also see in 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 the necessity of controlling our bodies. When we give in to sexual immorality, we give evidence that the Holy Spirit is not indwelling us because we do not possess one of the fruits of the Spirit—self-control. All believers display the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) to a greater or lesser degree depending on the length of time they have walked with ? . Uncontrolled “passionate ? ” is a work of the flesh (Galatians 5:19), not of the Spirit. So controlling our lusts and living sexually pure lives is essential to anyone who professes to know Christ. In doing so, we honor ? with our bodies (1 Corinthians 6:18-20).

We know ? ’s rules and discipline reflect His love for us. Following what He says can only help us during our time on earth. By maintaining sexual purity before marriage, we avoid past emotional entanglements that may negatively affect present relationships and marriages. Further by keeping the marriage bed pure (Hebrews 13:4), we can experience unreserved love for our mates, which is surpassed only by ? ’s enormous love for us.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    where is imgoingtoheaven and his powder blue crocs when u need him??
  • Real Lady
    edited October 2011
    raevanaa wrote: »
    I don't really give a damn about sinning and what not. All I know is that excessive premarital sex is bad for everybody. Eventually someone's going to get hurt, an STD, a bad reputation, or pregnant. If you're gonna do it, just do it in moderation.

This is my opinion somewhat. I think sin is unhealthy and thats why we are warned not to sin. I don't think it's a punishment when it was written to stay away from it. It's a reason it is prohibited...However I don't believe gods judgement is toward sinners. The whole point ppl miss is that the belief in ? save us from sin. what is written is that the judgement is towards those who worship satan. Everyone who sin do not worship satan. ~all have sinned and fell short to the glory of ? (scripture)
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    This is my opinion somewhat. I think sin is unhealthy and thats why we are warned not to sin. I don't think it's a punishment when it was written to stay away from it. It's a reason it is prohibited...However I don't believe gods judgement is toward sinners. The whole point ppl miss is that the belief in ? save us from sin. what is written is that the judgement is towards those who worship satan. Everyone who sin do not worship satan. ~all have sinned and fell short to the glory of ? (scripture)
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Who cares if it is sin according to Christianity? It is not wrong, and that is all that matters to me.