So nobody gonna bring up Touchdown Timmy in the Cheap Seats??????

Options

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kingian wrote: »
    It's not even Tebow that I'm mad at. It's his fans. These clowns are delusional. You can't tell them jack. "People hate him because he's a Christian." "Elway and Fox are sabotaging him on purpose." "He was a winner at Florida." One...he's not the first Christian athlete. Kurt Warner, a well-known Christian, is a future HOF and was well-respected in the league because the dude could BALL. Two...Denver wins, it's because of "Tebow Time." Denver losses, he's not accountable because he was setup to fail by the coaching staff. FOH. Three...dude was running the most simplistic offensive scheme I've ever seen in college football. Chris Leak >>>> Tebow. You can't tell them that, though. That's blasphemy.

Thats another thing that makes me mad. I always thought Chris Leak was pretty good at Fla. But whenever people mention Tebow they call him a two time NC winner, and just forget that Chris Leak was the starting QB for that first NC team Fla had. Tebow only came in for goal line plays.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • kingian
    kingian Members Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Thats another thing that makes me mad. I always thought Chris Leak was pretty good at Fla. But whenever people mention Tebow they call him a two time NC winner, and just forget that Chris Leak was the starting QB for that first NC team Fla had. Tebow only came in for goal line plays.

Chris Leak...total disrespect for that dude, bruh. That dude is in the AFL now. SMH.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

that's when I knew ? was going to get worse in the future

? never gave chris leak his due, they said tebow made them NC contenders and then NC winners
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ok i was with yall til the Chris leak was pretty good statement. He was one of the most overhyped college qb's in recent memory.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    ok i was with yall til the Chris leak was pretty good statement. He was one of the most overhyped college qb's in recent memory.
    you recent memory falils you Tim Tebow the greatest college football qb ever
  • kingian
    edited October 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    100 % cosign lol... Tebow should go study and train with Big Ben because thats the only way I can see him succeeding... but he has to get better reading coverage and throwing.... I hated him in college but I do want to see him succeed with the opportunity cuz it will open up more doors.... but the media, fanatic, and Bayless double standard ? me off...

The belief that you can just give Tebow a "basic playbook" for him to become a top-tier QB is a slap in the face of all the great defenses in the league. Give the Raven, Steeler, Giant, Jet, etc defenses a little more respect than that.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It makes me throw up,, this NFL everyone is the RAMS.. but that doenst mean you dont have to have basic QB intangibles/Fundamentals.. how many negros were told.. play RB.. play receiver.I mean i wish everyone go the chance tebow gets.. theres nothing wrong in that at all.. But whats good for the goose is good for the gander..(cant believer i just said that Ned Flanders ? ) I sure hope the Tebows of the future get this opportunity.. but then again not everyone.. is a "? FEARING" "ALL -AMERICAN" boy..aint no shots out his relgion its as if he is owed something because of his "HIGH CHARACTER" i sure hope all that ? is true......which i doubt.. cuz he already damned ppl to hell that didnnt follow the religion where there is smoke there is fire... I could careless about a persons of the field personalitly blah blah blah im just sayin.. He doesnt deserve a pedestal

Damn good post
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kingian wrote: »
    The belief that you can just give Tebow a "basic playbook" for him to become a top-tier QB is a slap in the face of all the great defenses in the league. Give the Raven, Steeler, Giant, Jet, etc defenses a little more respect than that.

Im in agreement with u
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Leak was good enough.... Tebow just got all of his credit for the title that year
  • kingian
    edited October 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Im in agreement with u

No doubt. I agree with you as well. I don't have any animosity or hate towards Tebow either. I think dude should be given a chance, especially since he's a 1st round pick. Skip Bayless and the rest of Tebow nation just needs to be realistic, though.
  • ya boi g
    edited October 2011
    Options

Not saying Leak was that dude, but he was pretty good. He was playing in an offense his last season(Urban Meyers Spread) that really didnt play to his strengths and he still played good. My memory is kinda spotty but I think he went through like 3 different offenses in college too, and still had a pretty decent college career and played well in that NC game.

He most def shoulda got a shot at playing in the NFL though. Dude won the National Championship game and went undrafted. Only time in my recent memory I can remember that happening was when that Oklahoma QB(think his name was White), won and went undrafted. But they say that was because he had two bad knees, and didnt think he would hold up.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Leak was garbage and got routinely ? on if i recall correctly but he was the one who led them to the 1st championship
  • lamontbdc
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Not saying Leak was that dude, but he was pretty good. He was playing in an offense his last season(Urban Meyers Spread) that really didnt play to his strengths and he still played good. My memory is kinda spotty but I think he went through like 3 different offenses in college too, and still had a pretty decent college career and played well in that NC game.

He most def shoulda got a shot at playing in the NFL though. Dude won the National Championship game and went undrafted. Only time in my recent memory I can remember that happening was when that Oklahoma QB(think his name was White), won and went undrafted. But they say that was because he had two bad knees, and didnt think he would hold up.

Naw you right he had like 2/3 different coordinators and Zook was a lame coach. But Leak was hyped up big time coming into Florida. and he just always underachieved. He had a good freshman year but his sophomore and junior years were just meh. Dude was just so average in my opinion. Maybe it was all the hype that made his career at Florida seem so lack luster. He did play his best in the championship game.

As far as the draft Leak just wasn't a good prospect at all. His throwing motion was just as bad as Tebow's is now with none of the athleticism. Plus he had a very weak arm plus had some knee injuries The bears gave him a shot but he just coudln't cut it. Charlie Ward was the biggest mystery on why he wasn't drafted. Tommy Frazier also but there were reports that he had a blood clot. Tebow shouldn't have been anything higher than a 6th round pick depending on what postilion he was gonna play. I wouldn't even draft him as a quarterback.

gonna be interesting to see what happens to Denard Robinson. as a Michigan fan the dude is fast as ? makes big time plays but no way can he be a NFL qb b/x he's just too small. but he's gonna have huge college numbers. But he doesn't have the NFL qb skillset.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options

nah I think you're talking about that oklahoma team that got spanked by USC....that qb was getting ? on the whole year though....they ain't really give him props like that
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

gonna be interesting to see what happens to Denard Robinson. as a Michigan fan the dude is fast as ? makes big time plays but no way can he be a NFL qb b/x he's just too small. but he's gonna have huge college numbers. But he doesn't have the NFL qb skillset.

he has NO QB skillsets, he'll be used in the NFL how Josh Cribbs currently is....

it's not even the height with Robinson he's just not a passer at all.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the only credit I will give tebow stans is that they are right when they say john fox and elway don't want to/don't know how to use tebow

but that's partly tebows fault cause he wants to be a qb....how u look letting a qb prospect on the field as your fullback "just because he's a gamer and needs to be on the field"

shiiiit u know jerry jones doesn't even what dez returning kicks....its the true definition of being in between a rock and a hard place
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He can't throw.

Last time I checked qbs had to know how to throw. They be open and he can't hit them. If he do read the DFF correctly he can't get them the ball. He's numbers is even worst he getting garbage yards at the end of the game. Worst QB I ever seen.

Hes the worst cuz he's putting in max effort and still throws like a pop warner football player.

I don't care its only a handful of games he played, he just can't play.
  • ya boi g
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Naw you right he had like 2/3 different coordinators and Zook was a lame coach. But Leak was hyped up big time coming into Florida. and he just always underachieved. He had a good freshman year but his sophomore and junior years were just meh. Dude was just so average in my opinion. Maybe it was all the hype that made his career at Florida seem so lack luster. He did play his best in the championship game.

As far as the draft Leak just wasn't a good prospect at all. His throwing motion was just as bad as Tebow's is now with none of the athleticism. Plus he had a very weak arm plus had some knee injuries The bears gave him a shot but he just coudln't cut it. Charlie Ward was the biggest mystery on why he wasn't drafted. Tommy Frazier also but there were reports that he had a blood clot. Tebow shouldn't have been anything higher than a 6th round pick depending on what postilion he was gonna play. I wouldn't even draft him as a quarterback.

Yea you might be right. I forgot that he was highly recruited, he did come to that team with a lot of hype. And I didnt know he got a shot with the Bears, I thought dude had just went str8 to Canada or some ? .....
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    nah I think you're talking about that oklahoma team that got spanked by USC....that qb was getting ? on the whole year though....they ain't really give him props like that

I stand corrected. Yea your right. USC did spank those boys. But I thought they were talking dude up all year though, I must be thinking about someone else.
  • lamontbdc
    edited October 2011
    Options
    he has NO QB skillsets, he'll be used in the NFL how Josh Cribbs currently is....

it's not even the height with Robinson he's just not a passer at all.

yea true but he's only 6'0 bout 180. He throws some ? awful passes. At least Cribbs has more size to him. Not sure if Robinson could hold up in the NFL. Gonna be interesting when he enters the draft
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol I got a friend who's a huge gator fan

dude was talking all that "kyle orton sucks...u have to start tebow!" ?

everybody that is hooting and hollering for tebow to be a qb needs to understand that tebow was never forced to be the man in florida....his teams were ALWAYS stacked....hence why he was so dominant

? just throw out all qb evaluations when talking about tebow....hypocrites

to be fair, tebow was the reason them florida teams won. u think they can win with that talent and brantley as the qb hell no. he is maybe a top 10 all time college player, but he sicks as an nfl qb and that aint bad, he has his legacy with florida
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol ol' everybody has to play on the pop warner team ass muthafucka

Ol' medal for participation ass muthafucka

Ol' student of the month ass muthafucka

Ol' free pizza from dominos cuz i read all my books ass muthafucka

Ol' i got a happy face on my envelope cuz i didnt ? in my pants ass muthafucka

Ol' perfect attendance certificate ass muthafucka

Ol' Mr congeniality ass muthafucka
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    to be fair, tebow was the reason them florida teams won. u think they can win with that talent and brantley as the qb hell no. he is maybe a top 10 all time college player, but he sicks as an nfl qb and that aint bad, he has his legacy with florida

that's crazy to say that tebow was the REASON when that whole team was stacked

brantley sucks, but thats not even a fair comparison to put brantley up against tebow

cam wins the NC with that team hands down

mallet wins the NC with that team hands down

Dalton....locker....*insert other serviceable qb*

there is nothing "special" about tebow, he's just a fullback that can throw
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    that's crazy to say that tebow was the REASON when that whole team was stacked

brantley sucks, but thats not even a fair comparison to put brantley up against tebow

cam wins the NC with that team hands down

mallet wins the NC with that team hands down

Dalton....locker....*insert other serviceable qb*

there is nothing "special" about tebow, he's just a fullback that can throw

No he can't throw. Thats why this thread is made
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the only credit I will give tebow stans is that they are right when they say john fox and elway don't want to/don't know how to use tebow

but that's partly tebows fault cause he wants to be a qb....how u look letting a qb prospect on the field as your fullback "just because he's a gamer and needs to be on the field"

shiiiit u know jerry jones doesn't even what dez returning kicks....its the true definition of being in between a rock and a hard place

But thats whats confusing me, how are they suppose to use him??....this the NFL gimmicks dont work for a entire season or career ...as a QB eventually u gotta show you can throw the football accurate , i dont care what you install to help someone out you will have to show u can, you cant hide in the NFL ...

i keep hearing this on TV and hear this thrown out there but how are they suppose to use him??...at best u install some corny ass gimmick and win maybe 2 more games against some ? ass teams..

but defensive coordinators are going to make you throw .. installing something for Tebow is not going to make his footwork better , it's not going to make his vision better and it's not going to make his throwing motion better

NFL is not a gimmick league, HS and College can be , NFL is all about can u play or not...