DC Comics "The New 52"

Options
KeepOnPushing
KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Quite Comical
ya'll ? with these??

i never really been in to DC Characters like that always ? with Marvel , but im giving these a shot tho'

Batman-The-Dark-Knight-1-New-52-2011.jpg

batman-the-dark-knight-vol-2-20110930021410012-000.jpg

superman_1_newDC52.jpg

superman_1_page__3_.jpg

it's pretty much a Reboot of a lot of their DC Characters each with their own comic series of course....im a little late on this cuz it actually got going a few months ago so if this thread been made then scratch this thread and forget it

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    got damn that ? was dope
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the new 52 joints is ? ........damn, is that Two-Face stretchin' Bruce out like 'dat???
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    THat Batman looks dope! they all got new comics? whats the significance of the 52?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    THat Batman looks dope! they all got new comics? whats the significance of the 52?

yea they got all new ones (too many to name) , and i believe they wanted to update a lot of the characters and also try and pull in some more fan base for those who maybe stopped reading comics for a while cuz catching up would take ever..
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the new 52 joints is ? ........damn, is that Two-Face stretchin' Bruce out like 'dat???

yea thats Two-Face , he was injected with something thats why he's all swole up ..
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What was that video i just watched?! a cgi movie or a video game cut scene? ? was dope.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What was that video i just watched?! a cgi movie or a video game cut scene? ? was dope.
    i wanna see some more of that
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think 52 either means the weeks, the amount of issues, or how many series they're rebooting or something like that. I remember the blackest night 52 was like the amount of weeks in the comic universe or some ish. Anyways I been meaning to cop some of the new justice league, but I'm not trynna go all the way out of my way to get to the nearest comic shop
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

It's a video game. Dc Universe I think
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited November 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    it's a video game. Dc universe i think
    oh..... ? need to make another movie
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    I think 52 either means the weeks, the amount of issues, or how many series they're rebooting or something like that. I remember the blackest night 52 was like the amount of weeks in the comic universe or some ish. Anyways I been meaning to cop some of the new justice league, but I'm not trynna go all the way out of my way to get to the nearest comic shop

I haven't been to or seen a comic shop in ages.......get on them torrents, fam; or you can google issues along with the word "mediafire", "megaupload", etc.......
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I haven't been to or seen a comic shop in ages.......get on them torrents, fam; or you can google issues along with the word "mediafire", "megaupload", etc.......

yea i got one just 10 Minutes away from my Crib i go every wed. when all the new issues drop

dragon.JPG?w=440&h=330&aspect=nostretch

zzzzHDOutside1.jpg

it's pretty damn big inside for a comic shop to...got like two separate sides to it in there
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    damn! we got a collectables store here called bosco's its in the mall and has a ? load of comics, carry the old school nintendo games too
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited November 2011
    Options
    damn the comic store big as hell the one i use to go to was small as hell ? was like a block and a half from the twin towers
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    last DC series I read was blackest night

grifter, voodo and strom watch are now officially part of the DC universe
    the new Mr. terriffic is dope though...whats the best series out of the new 52?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the best, best ones are the ones with no name heroes like OMAC and Captain Atom. The best ones with heroes you know are probably Batman and robin, Action Comics, and GL.

But honestly, theres no really bad comics in DC right now. everythings readable and approachable if your new or not. its kind of amazing.
  • Copper
    edited November 2011
    Options
    thanks...Ill be hitting up the comic shop on monday morning...I heard one of the changes to supes was that he was younger and couldnt fly?? so they pretty much changed him to smallville swag?
  • earth two superman
    edited November 2011
    Options
    thanks...Ill be hitting up the comic shop on monday morning...I heard one of the changes to supes was that he was younger and couldnt fly?? so they pretty much changed him to smallville swag?

in Action Comics, hes fresh out of college. hes a street level hero in his early 20s.mostly beating up wife beaters and corrupt local politicians. no he cant fly when hes just starting his role as superman.just jump really high (like he originally could in the 1930s comics). This is only for 12 issues though. after 12 itll go back to the present.

in Superman, he's already an established hero in the present in his late 20s early 30s. he has his suit, all his powers, everything. but now, he was never married to lois lane, and his parents have been dead for years (like in the 1930s comics again). so hes a lot more lonely and alien.
  • Copper
    edited November 2011
    Options
    appreciated once again ...Im late to this new 52 ish as u can tell...Ive been busy too busy recently
  • earth two superman
    edited November 2011
    Options
    just find any hero you even have the smallest amount of interest in and start from their #1. its INCREDIBLY easy to follow now, whether their storylines carried over completely (like Batman and GL), somewhat (like Superman) or not at all (superboy, supergirl, Teen Titans)
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    last DC series I read was blackest night

grifter, voodo and strom watch are now officially part of the DC universe
    the new Mr. terriffic is dope though...whats the best series out of the new 52?

im not ? with every single character in the New 52 , but Grifter is dope so far , Batman The Dark Knight is very dope , and also Batman Detective .....and DeathStroke has been really good so far as well.

i got justic league also and Superman......Superman so faris ehhhh

i've never been a DC guy always been into Marvel but when the New 52 jumped off i said i would ? with em
  • Copper
    edited November 2011
    Options
    does any of the milestone characters part of or have thier own titles in the new 52??
  • earth two superman
    edited November 2011
    Options
    does any of the milestone characters part of or have thier own titles in the new 52??

only static.

and i agree superman is just ok. action comics is much better.
  • earth two superman
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oh and Aquaman = possibly the best big name book
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    just read jL #1 and #2 its decent so far also the batman is dope, batwing art is amazing by ben oliver, Mr. T was ehh

Im gonna check out deathstroke and blue beetle next

also Black adam, Icon, Hardware or just the entire shadow cabinet shouldve gotten there own series