How do women decide what traditions are sexist and which ones are fair?

Options
American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Powder Room
For example, I know many women still have an issue proposing to a man instead of vice versa. They feel as though it's something a man should do.

But doesnt this slow the idea of equality among the sexes?

Surely anything a man can do, a woman should be able to do, right?

Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No, I don't think women can/SHOULD do anything a man can do. We're different. I'm not a feminist though. If you subscribe to that ideology then, yes, a woman should be able to do that.

The barometer of these things are still set in the old-school way of thinking. Some women want to be courted and all that while still wearing the pants so to speak. Their right, just not what I personally would want.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    u know why...they like when gender roles are enforced when it benefits them...that's why i will always stay traditional and not accept these wannabe feminists opinions...it doesn't add up...too many dudes getting walked on tho..
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    idk

i do what i feel
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    idk

i do what i feel

this.
    if it benefits the relationship i'll do it regardless of it being traditional or not.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    More or less, the ones that benefit them are fair and the ones that don't are 'sexist'. Then again, some women have a high rank in the 'hard on hos' army.