what is the biggest "play" in hip hop and who do u think the biggest "snake" is ?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Reason
as in play I mean what is the biggest "swindle" "hustle" or straight "? over" the game has ever witnessed ?

was it suge bulldozing dre out of his profits on some bully ? ?

what about eazy recieving basically all of the nwa profits or baby straight birdfeeding his siblings back in 99' ?

discuss what ya think was the biggest play the game has witness from a business standpoint .....

Comments

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    as in play I mean what is the biggest "swindle" "hustle" or straight "? over" the game has ever witnessed ?

was it suge bulldozing dre out of his profits on some bully ? ?

what about eazy recieving basically all of the nwa profits or baby straight birdfeeding his siblings back in 99' ?

discuss what ya think was the biggest play the game has witness from a business standpoint .....

i prob say what jay did to the roc ... or better yet what the roc did to itself ... cant blame it all on jay altho he played a HUGE part ... but that one has to be it mane ... the roc just solidify that the chances of any group of individuals having any longevity in this game is slim to none .... side note im closely watching MMG to see how long they can stand tall together .........
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Suge forcing Dr Dre to leave Death Row and disclaiming ownership for a few royalties was brilliant and brutal.

50-Cent is the biggest snake due to his attempts at sabotaging and black-balling Styles P's album release.

Also 50-cent secretly recorded a private phone-conversation with Young Buck and released it to the Internet in an attempt to sabotage his career.

50-Cent mishandled Lloyd Banks career out of envy and crippled his career from being as big as it should have been.

50-Cent shelved M.O.P's projects while they were on G-Unit and ruined the legacy of MoBB Deep by signing them.

50-cent is easily the biggest snake.
  • hiphophova
    hiphophova Members Posts: 710
    edited October 2011
    Im going for 50 again, over the destruction of Ja Rule.

I was a fan of Ja Rule's music and the way he destroyed Ja made me lose faith in the hiphop consumer and audience.

people started listening with their eyes and not their ears, not a good thing.
  • antarticp
    edited October 2011
    hiphophova wrote: »
    Im going for 50 again, over the destruction of Ja Rule.

I was a fan of Ja Rule's music and the way he destroyed Ja made me lose faith in the hiphop consumer and audience.

people started listening with their eyes and not their ears, not a good thing.

lol ...................................................... ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Suge forcing Dr Dre to leave Death Row and disclaiming ownership for a few royalties was brilliant and brutal.

50-Cent is the biggest snake due to his attempts at sabotaging and black-balling Styles P's album release.

Also 50-cent secretly recorded a private phone-conversation with Young Buck and released it to the Internet in an attempt to sabotage his career.

50-Cent mishandled Lloyd Banks career out of envy and crippled his career from being as big as it should have been.

50-Cent shelved M.O.P's projects while they were on G-Unit and ruined the legacy of MoBB Deep by signing them.

50-cent is easily the biggest snake.

I laugh at G-Unit fans that are still blind to the fact that 50 purposely let "beamer benz and bentley" fizzle all the way out before HFM2 ....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    I laugh at G-Unit fans that are still blind to the fact that 50 purposely let "beamer benz and bentley" fizzle all the way out before HFM2 ....

but wasn't that ? on def jam? does 50 really have pull over Banks ? like that?
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

I dont care how much money you gor or how big you are you just dont do things like that. I was shocked at how he could just do this without even thinkin bout how this will affect Buck as a human. I mean if you wanna ? with dude then teach him a lesson, but to do this and still dont let him off the label is just on some devil/evil ? . That why I dont buy G-unit product no more/watch his movies or anything like that. Karma is a ? and I hope dude crumble to the point where hes vanilla Ice status. The nerve of this fool tryin to act Ghandi and feed a billion people when he dont even wanna feed his former friends and associates. ? G-Unit.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Biggest snake move was Suge and David Kenner stealing Death Row from Harry O.

Biggest play was Master P's deal with Priority.

Edit: Biggest play might have been the deal RZA & Power signed with Loud that allowed them to release solos with other record companies.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Lol, why don't BoyBest just make a thread that's titled, "Let's down talk Jay-Z"
  • antarticp
    edited October 2011
    alibaba wrote: »
    I dont care how much money you gor or how big you are you just dont do things like that. I was shocked at how he could just do this without even thinkin bout how this will affect Buck as a human. I mean if you wanna ? with dude then teach him a lesson, but to do this and still dont let him off the label is just on some devil/evil ? . That why I dont buy G-unit product no more/watch his movies or anything like that. Karma is a ? and I hope dude crumble to the point where hes vanilla Ice status. The nerve of this fool tryin to act Ghandi and feed a billion people when he dont even wanna feed his former friends and associates. ? G-Unit.

dont mean to make excuses for fif ... but i kind of understand this move ... @ the time and still to do this day ... fif gets blamed for starting ? ... this was fif trying to expose to the world ... that it aint always me ...... however @ the end of the day fif is a 100million dollar man so ? all that ? .... def could of fell back on this one and let buck live ....... I WAS WRONG lol buck voice lol damn fif lol
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Biggest snake move was Suge and David Kenner stealing Death Row from Harry O.

Biggest play was Master P's deal with Priority.

Edit: Biggest play might have been the deal RZA & Power signed with Loud that allowed them to release solos with other record companies.

both deals are still unprecedented til this day.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Lol, why don't BoyBest just make a thread that's titled, "Let's down talk Jay-Z"

JayZ has a forked tounge and he sheds his skin....he's a cold-blooded reptile.

JayZ turned on his mentor Jaz-O, the man who gave him his style, his name and his first big break.

JayZ swindled Dame Dash and Biggs Burke at the behest of white-Jews who felt threatened by Dames Blackness and Masculinitu.

JayZ ruined the careers of MoBB Deep by fabricating a story about Prodigy being a ballerina and him seeing pictures of this falsehood.

JayZ left Beanie Sigels career in shambles along with the rest of State Property

JayZ abused an underage Foxy Brown in studio sessions and psychologically damaged her for life.

JayZ abandoned Amill and now she works in target

JayZ tried to bamboozle Sauce Money and now Sauce has an eating disorder

JayZ would rather sign Souther artists or Philly artists instead of spotters from NY...he blackballed his own city like he was KONYA

JayZ sabotaged LL's Def Jam presidency bid

Jayz sabotaged DMX Def Jam project

JayZ tried to impregnate Nas baby-mother to distract Nas from music

JayZ even flirted with Aaliyah when her and Dame Dash were together in an attempt o anger Dame so he would have an excuse to steal the Roc businesses.

...lastly JayZ stole Kanye West from Dame Dash.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Only two people that should even be considered are Jay Z and Diddy because when it comes to shiesty moves, those two are as Grimey as it gets with Suge knight I think being a distant 3rd. Your career is ? with him and you might have feds watching your moves due to drug cartel stuff and might have to take some ass whooping in the studio and forget about them putting your ? out....but atleast you know that goin into it. He don't necessarily snake you so much as it's your own fault for signing when you know how he gets down and do business. I wanna say Jay and Diddy a first place tie but I think the difference and what moves Diddy over the top is except for Biggie he' ll ? over ANYONE!! Name more than one artist that had signed to badboy that ended up happy and staying there that didn't end up either going to another label, or didn't become a tax write off. Jay ? over the majority of artist he been around and is a anaconda himself but Atleast I get the feeling he won't do that to Rihanna. I cant think of or find a person guy or girl that Puff won't ? over
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    ptowndonte wrote: »

where did I mention jay-z ?
  • hiphophova
    edited October 2011
    some of H-Rap ? is hilarious like that Sauce Money and Nas ? , but 100% real talk about Dame and his black masculinity.
  • hiphophova
    edited October 2011
    jek wrote: »
    Only two people that should even be considered are Jay Z and Diddy because when it comes to shiesty moves, those two are as Grimey as it gets with Suge knight I think being a distant 3rd. I wanna may Jay and Diddy a first place tie but I think the difference and what moves Diddy over the top is except for Biggie he' ll ? over ANYONE!! Name more than one artist that had signed to badboy that ended up happy and staying there that didn't end up either going to another label, or didn't become a tax write off. Jay ? over the majority of artist he been around and is a anaconda himself but Atleast I get the feeling he won't do that to Rihanna. I can think of or find a person guy or girl that Puff won't ? over

I dont know about Diddy all his artist where succesful on badboy and when they left they never got that same spotlight and sales again, now music is a harder hustle he is not doing that well but ..... all his artist where getting money (mase got a beemer before he even signed a deal), he let the lox out of their contracts, same with 112, he just got a bad rep because people really really dont like that ? especially since he was mr.shiney suit man.

Mase till this day can sit next to diddy, same with Jada, total, and voletta wallace .... when lil kim fired puff as manager she regreted and went crawling back. Puff is about paper and grown man behaviour, some of these rappers using crayola for business.

Jay easily a bigger snake, only tah tah and memphis bleek got a good word to say.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    h-rap 180 wrote: »
    jayz has a forked tounge and he sheds his skin....he's a cold-blooded reptile.

Jayz turned on his mentor jaz-o, the man who gave him his style, his name and his first big break.

Jayz swindled dame dash and biggs burke at the behest of white-jews who felt threatened by dames blackness and masculinitu.

Jayz ruined the careers of mobb deep by fabricating a story about prodigy being a ballerina and him seeing pictures of this falsehood.

Jayz left beanie sigels career in shambles along with the rest of state property

jayz abused an underage foxy brown in studio sessions and psychologically damaged her for life.

Jayz abandoned amill and now she works in target

jayz tried to bamboozle sauce money and now sauce has an eating disorder

jayz would rather sign souther artists or philly artists instead of spotters from ny...he blackballed his own city like he was konya

jayz sabotaged ll's def jam presidency bid

jayz sabotaged dmx def jam project

jayz tried to impregnate nas baby-mother to distract nas from music

jayz even flirted with aaliyah when her and dame dash were together in an attempt o anger dame so he would have an excuse to steal the roc businesses.

...lastly jayz stole kanye west from dame dash.
    lol at me reading this with this beat playing in my head
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

JayZ turned on his mentor Jaz-O, the man who gave him his style, his name and his first big break.

JayZ swindled Dame Dash and Biggs Burke at the behest of white-Jews who felt threatened by Dames Blackness and Masculinitu.

JayZ ruined the careers of MoBB Deep by fabricating a story about Prodigy being a ballerina and him seeing pictures of this falsehood.

JayZ left Beanie Sigels career in shambles along with the rest of State Property

JayZ abused an underage Foxy Brown in studio sessions and psychologically damaged her for life.

JayZ would rather sign Souther artists or Philly artists instead of spotters from NY...he blackballed his own city like he was KONYA

JayZ even flirted with Aaliyah when her and Dame Dash were together in an attempt o anger Dame so he would have an excuse to steal the Roc businesses.

you have valid points but the bolded are hella reaches

P was a ballerina, so how was that story fabricated?
    foxy was 18 by the time her debut was released. thats of age
    how is sauce money having an eating disorder jay fault? "oh this ? hov gonna bamboozle me, so im gonna eat myself into obesity" foh
    and jay-z never stole kanye. kanye chose to stay with jay when the roc broke up
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2011
    you have valid points but the bolded are hella reaches

P was a ballerina, so how was that story fabricated?
    foxy was 18 by the time her debut was released. thats of age
    how is sauce money having an eating disorder jay fault? "oh this ? hov gonna bamboozle me, so im gonna eat myself into obesity" foh
    and jay-z never stole kanye. kanye chose to stay with jay when the roc broke up

foxy was only 15 when she debuted maybe 16 ....

? fail to realize foxy is only 30-31 years old ....
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Gnoz sabotaging Nature
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2011
    ? back wrote: »
    Gnoz sabotaging Nature

nas has did nothing but tried to help nature ....
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    ? back wrote: »
    Gnoz sabotaging Nature

Nature sabotaged Nature
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    That ? Baby...

Paying the hotboys in Heroin back during their heyday and to this day refusing to pay any producers that work with Cash Money.. Everytime they have a hit record they get sued by producer of said record for not getting paid.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Stiff wrote: »
    That ? Baby...

Paying the hotboys in Heroin back during their heyday and to this day refusing to pay any producers that work with Cash Money.. Everytime they have a hit record they get sued by producer of said record for not getting paid.

That Don't make baby a snake, that makes him greedy . baby has a history that's well documented to the masses, if u wanna ? wit dukes despite that, then that's on you.. "belee dat"
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    For A Guy Who Makes Some Of The Most Thought Provoking Threads In The I.C U Saying Alot Of Dumb ? In This Post

LMAO

Around 95' Jigga Man Asked Jaz-O 2 ? ? Wit The Roc, Jaz-O said No, Then Again Around 98', this time Jaz- O replied In french : NO

What Was Hov Supoose 2 Do??

Jaz-O Is Just Bitter That The Grass Hopper Surpassed The Mentor

This Is True 2 A Certain Extent, But are You Gonna Really Sit Here and Act Like Dame Ain't Make 50 Milli Outta That "Swindling"

What Career Jay Ruined??? Mobb Deep Was Goin Gold Close 2 Plat mainly off the strength of NY and ? , Well after The Situation Wit Jay... They Felll Off After ? With 50 in 06', Due 2 b being on a sinking ship called G-Unit

The ? ?? 4 A Man who promotes self dependency on some Malcom X ? , U Out Here Promoting adult baby sitting??

Beanie Was In A situation where he was making movies,selling cd's, clothes and responsible for careers (state property)...But he wanted to play street.

anyways, when Dame N Jigga Split, he chose to go with "Dame Dash Music Group" ..but then when he gets outta jail, wants 2 get mad at hov cause he has no future album release on the Roc????

WHERETHEYDOTHATAT

So u call being funded high class salon & shopping trips, while getting ? from a famous rap-star, then being featured on his Platinum plus selling album as a 15 year old Girl from Brooklyn, ABUSE????????

Also when FOXXY went deaf who paid for her surgery??? who went out and found the doctor and then made the appointment???

o yea tha snake..

SMH @ How "Big Hovy's Roc Nation Day Care" Is Failing Our Babies

Here's excerpts From an interview she had with Vibe Magazine on 8-18-11

Amil:"I'm happy for the time that I had, but [the entertainment industry] is not for me. I enjoy recording, thats always a passion, but as far as going hard with a recording career... at this point no. I'm an old head. My whole life is so different now. But I'm in a beautiful place and really just enjoying myself."

"I haven't spoken to Jay in years but I really wish I could talk to him because that would just really bring closure to me. But he knows I love him," she says. "People think there was bad blood between us, but there never was any bad blood. Things happen and I wasn't ready for where my career was going at that time. It was really overwhelming."

http://www.vibe.com/posts/v-exclusive-amil-debunks-twitter-debut-talks-jay-z-and-nicki-minaj

Yea... Hov Is Suppose to get rid of his Half A Billion Dollar empire so he can become Sauce Money's Personal Trainer...

here's an interview Sauce Money had with HIPHOPDX On March 1,2011

Sauce Money:“Jay is my brother; he’s always gonna be my brother,” Sauce Money told DJ Eclipse and Torae during their “Rap Is Outta Control” show on Sirius satellite radio. “Just like any relationship that’s real, you’re going to take the good with the bad. But it’s not for me to air it out in public. You’re not going to tell me what you and your brother are going through, because you don’t know me like that…but it’s always love, and it’s always respect.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.14252/title.sauce-money-explains-being-initiated-by-jay-z-talks-current-relationship

I'm from NY and i don't give a ? , this music thing is all about talent... ? where u from, what's ya music like?

?????????????????????

DMX sabotaged himself, and despite that, he still had so much going for him.. but he wasn't content... he had 2 take his self sabotaging to new heights every year

Yea, Cuz Jigga Man had a Gun To Carmen's Head, and demanded her to take him to her jeep. so he can skeet and leave condoms by tha baby seat... Carmen did not chose to ? around with Jay at all...

yea cuz Dame lost sleep over Jay harmlessly flirting with Aailiyah........

the rampaging crazy gun toting, abusive Jay-Z /baby sitter/personal trainer,this time placed a gun to Kanye's big ass plasma t.v screen head, and demanded that he signed a life time contract... Kanye doesn't have a mind of his own and is very feasible when it comes to making his own decisions as he shows from time to time............