Why Does B.E.T Get So Much Hate?

Options
fuc_i_look_like
fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
This ? on youtube made a video talmbout “BET is the worst channel on television and the worst channel in the history of the world. It’s the equivalent of toxic sewer run off and fermented dumpster juice.” Maybe I’m missing something, because every time I’m flipping channels, 90% of the time on BET I see Everybody Hates Chris reruns or edited movies. I don’t get where all the hate comes from considering MTV and VH1 aint no better.

If you watch them disgusting clowns on MTV’s Jersey Shore or other trash TV, shut the ? up about how “damaging” and “ignorant” BET is. Yeah, BET is a sorry ass channel and I don’t watch it, but so is most of the other garbage on TV. I think ? just like to hear themselves complain about ? and these type of ppl somehow think it makes them elite or different when they brag about how they hate BET so much. What’s your beef w/ BET?

Comments

• Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    cause it got rid of rap city
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol people who are stuck in the early 2000's think BET uncut nd rap city nd ? like that when BET was more ? are still on there, when all they play are reruns from black sitcoms, old movies, or cheap ass movies
  • dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This ? on youtube made a video talmbout “BET is the worst channel on television and the worst channel in the history of the world. It’s the equivalent of toxic sewer run off and fermented dumpster juice.” Maybe I’m missing something, because every time I’m flipping channels, 90% of the time on BET I see Everybody Hates Chris reruns or edited movies. I don’t get where all the hate comes from considering MTV and VH1 aint no better.

If you watch them disgusting clowns on MTV’s Jersey Shore or other trash TV, shut the ? up about how “damaging” and “ignorant” BET is. Yeah, BET is a sorry ass channel and I don’t watch it, but so is most of the other garbage on TV. I think ? just like to hear themselves complain about ? and these type of ppl somehow think it makes them elite or different when they brag about how they hate BET so much. What’s your beef w/ BET?

Lol, you doing the same thing my dude, everybody different, we dont need to watch the same shows.
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BET USED to be informative and dedicated to the issues of blacks in America. They used to have shows like Teen Summit, BET News, various music video shows showing different genres of black music (Carribean Rhythms, Rap City, Video Soul). But with the dawn of the new millenium and the sale of BET to Viacom, it went and became an "Entertainment" station. With the one-two-three punch of cancelling the above shows, the firing of Tavis Smiley, and the rise of 106 & Park, BET sold out. You may not remember about BET when it first started, but back then they were an outlet for black shows, artists, politicians, etc. Nowadays it's just become MTV for black people. Devoid of soul and substance.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Man, ? BET, ? MTV, ? VH1.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol, you doing the same thing my dude, everybody different, we dont need to watch the same shows.

I am not complaining about BET.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BET USED to be informative and dedicated to the issues of blacks in America. They used to have shows like Teen Summit, BET News, various music video shows showing different genres of black music (Carribean Rhythms, Rap City, Video Soul). But with the dawn of the new millenium and the sale of BET to Viacom, it went and became an "Entertainment" station. With the one-two-three punch of cancelling the above shows, the firing of Tavis Smiley, and the rise of 106 & Park, BET sold out. You may not remember about BET when it first started, but back then they were an outlet for black shows, artists, politicians, etc. Nowadays it's just become MTV for black people. Devoid of soul and substance.

• ShawnCoonery
    ShawnCoonery Members Posts: 211
    edited October 2011
    Options

this…………….I stayed watching Planet Groove,Carribean Rhythms and teen summit as a kid…hell even 106 and park was decent when it first came out
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options

Them shows stopped getting ratings so they cancelled them. It's cheaper to just show re runs than to produce shows that isn't getting the ratings to justify their position on a timeslot. If 106 and park wasn't getting ratings it would have been axed too.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    cause it got rid of uncut

***Fixed***
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

I got cable bro and I still don't watch NONE! of the BS they put on there cable now is just relegated to a bunch of "reality TV" shows (? ) that I just refuse to watch period. You got your answer though vvvvvvvvv

darkrain wrote: »
    Man, ? BET, ? MTV, ? VH1.

C/S ^^^^ both posts as long as the white folks at Viacom continue to run BET the same shuckin' & clowning is going to continue.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    cause it got rid of rap city

Pretty much this.
  • DaConcierge
    DaConcierge Members Posts: 101
    edited October 2011
    Options
    same thing that happened to Soul Train

Started off so cool then went commercial & lame.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BET went the route it was supposed to, if they would've continued on the path they were on, they woulda became obsolete in the market they were in. But they lost me when Rap City was cancelled, Free left 106, and then they start doin those ? voiceovers in the movies to replace the curse words....that ? is lol and smh status.....

But ? tv low key doe....there are only a few good channels to watch on cable.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ***Fixed***
    Cosign .
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There are so many good tv shows on other channels, I don't understand why BET is on anyone's mind

what show does BET have thats actually worth watching

don't worry, I'll wait......
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Because its sounds good...

Real talk, people just like to say "Man i dont even watch BET"

It really means nothing...its ONE channel supposed to represent millions of people

As if ANY of you ? would watch some station that showed nothing but 'positive examples' foh...

BET is nothing more than a mirror showing us the blemishes we WISH didnt represent our culture--they are NOT the cause.

BET didnt put them jeggins on Lil Wayne...
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Them shows stopped getting ratings so they cancelled them. It's cheaper to just show re runs than to produce shows that isn't getting the ratings to justify their position on a timeslot. If 106 and park wasn't getting ratings it would have been axed too.

cosign

nobody was really watching those "conscious" shows

and who the ? cares about caribbean music? we get it, you put de lime in de coconut and drink dem both up, shut up
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if it had some interesting shows on maybe i watch it. it just a black MTV
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BET is MTV and VH1 low budget brother. Everything about the station looks low budget (the cameras used, the studios, the ghetto ass movies,etc). It is a pretty small network compared to MTV so i kind of understand. They need to step it up though and stop showing those garbage ass shows like The Parkers and bring back more music programs.
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited October 2011
    Options
    cosign

nobody was really watching those "conscious" shows

and who the ? cares about caribbean music? we get it, you put de lime in de coconut and drink dem both up, shut up

Lmao

Bet is just lame and it has the potential to be so much better. Everything they do is so ridiculously bootleg. Even 106 was a copycat of trl. ? forbid they come up with some original programming.
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol people who are stuck in the early 2000's think BET uncut nd rap city nd ? like that when BET was more ? are still on there, when all they play are reruns from black sitcoms, old movies, or cheap ass movies

My ? Throwed Off has the sickest AVI lol, props my ? .
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

That episode had me ? rolling! Hahahahahaha
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited October 2011
    Options
    "Black Eviiill Television"

Lol. That was their best episode imo. Better than anything bet ever aired.