What are some good anime series and movies to watch?

Options
TimroD
TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Animania
ive seen the classics like akira, ninja scroll, ghost in the shell, princess mononoke etc.
seen perfect blue that was cool
paprika was kinda lame
and few others
series ive seen dbz z and gt of course
some of one piece and inuyasha
x-men, iron man
dont really care for naruto style animes
my favourite series so far were death note and code geass
started watchin gantz and monster but didnt like em thought they were boring

Comments

• regeniathoele22
    regeniathoele22 Members Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think everybody has a preference. I love Naruto. I've only watched death note not on anime but it is being role played by humans.
  • kendallpetty733
    kendallpetty733 Members Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ive been watching Fairy tail, Bleach and One Piece now.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, and again Yu Yu mutherfuckin Hakusho. Dark Tournament Saga= GOAT anime Arc
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, and again Yu Yu mutherfuckin Hakusho. Dark Tournament Saga= GOAT anime Arc

co-muthafuckin sign. Yu Yu Hakusho is criminally slept on, and Cowboy Bebop is GOAT status. My ? cousin and his homeboy tried to argue me down one day that Naruto was better than Bebop I couldn't believe my ears with what I was hearing. Samurai X and Trigun are awesome as well can't go wrong with any of them honestly.

I wouldn't say Dark Tournament is GOAT story arc but it is pretty epic.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Lagoon. Hajime No Ippo. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Desert Punk. Basilisk. Gundam 08th MS Team. Break Blade. Baccanno! Shigurui Death Frenzy.
  • Butane Rez
    Butane Rez Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Im watching Fate/Zero right now and that series is dope as hell. But some good ones are Black Lagoon, Hellsing Ultimate, Requiem for the Phantom
    Some good anime movies are Sword of the Stranger, Samurai X and Kara no Kyoukai
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i really liked redline
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm watching Katanagatar now and it's dope. It only has 12 episodes but they are about 50 minutes long. It's definitely worth checking out.

This is from animenewsnetwork.com
    This story takes place in the Edo era where Yasuri Shichika is the seventh head of the Kyotou school of Japanese sword martial arts living in Fushou Island with his sister Nanami. With the order from a female samurai general Togame, he sets out for a trip to collect the twelve treasured swords created by a legendary swordsmith Shikizaki Kiki.