2012 And Beyond Region Outlook(? South, Midwest, West Coast, East Coast)

southsil4lil
southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Reason
As Another Year In Hip-Hop Comes To End, Ive Decided To Put Together A Projected Outlook For The Immediate Futures Of Each Region Based On Personel, Sales, Material, Current Trends In Hip Hop And The State Of The Game All Bias Aside.I Will Also Compose A Bit Of A Current Roster For Each Region So We All Know What Each One Is Working With Based On Three Categories; Power Players And Established Artist-These Are Artist Who Can Go Platinum And/Or Drop A Classic Out Of No Where, Up Next- Artist Who Are On The Come And Really Have A Chance To Be Power Players In The Region, Mixtape/Music For The Streets/Buzz Rappers- Artist Who Can Create A Buzz Or Drop A Mixtape/Song To Put Attention On Themselves For A Short Time But Probably Wont Do Numbers Or Be Bigger Than What They Are......

Power Players And Established Artist

-T.I.
-Lil Wayne
-Rick Ross
-Young Jeezy
-Ludacris
-Outkast
-Bun B
-Scarface

Up Next
-Big Krit
-J Cole
-Bob
-Jay Electronica
-CyHy
-Yellawolf

Mixtape/Music For The Streets/Buzz Rappers
-Trae
-Gucci Mane
-Yo Gotti
-Waka Flocka
-Plies
-Slim Thug
-Z-Ro
-Curren$y
-2 Chainz
-Dorrough

I guess Ill start off with the region thats been holding down the most recently, the south. With YMCMB and MMG all over the raido stations right now(weather you like it or not) it doesnt look like the south is going anywhere. T.I. coming home, albums from Jeezy and Ross at the end of the year and scheduled releases from Pusha T, Outkast, Ludacris, and Scarface things are looking bright for the ? . Lil Wayne has fell off hard but at the end of the day as he will continue to be relevant especially with Drake on his side. Consistency looks to be key right now, club bangers and anthems and thats not changing anytime soon. J Cole did prove however good music can sale these days and may have paved the way for Big Krit to have a big year. A few sleepers who make look to make some noise are ATL rep Young Dro who will look to contribute now that Tip is back home and can maybe give some direction and Houston rapper Chamillionaire who could suprise some people. Also will we finally get the 3 Stacks solo?........(Doubt It)

Out Look- Extremely Bright

Mid West

-Kanye West
-Eminem
-Lupe Fiasco
-Common
-Twista

Up Next
-Big Sean
-Kid Cudi
-MGK

-Tech 9
-Royce Da 5'9

With the white boy and Ye leading the way the midwest is currently in good hands. The Good music label is probably the most completely label in hip hop from top to bottom and Shady is looking to challenge that with his new additions to his roster. Big Sean dropped his debut some liked it and some didnt but hes here to stay none the less and will be the face of the region I think eventually. Will see if Diddy does anything with the Ohio spitta Machine Gun Kelly but we all know hes notorius for ? off his artist so well se how that goes. Royce Da 5'9 looks to finally be in the best situation of his career but well see if he can capitalize on it with a solo and another Slaughterhouse album due up. Someone to keep an eye going forward is St Louis favorite Nelly, dude is always one hit away and may figure something out here in the very near future.....

Outlook-

West Coast

Power Players and Established Artist
-Snoop Dogg
-Ice Cube
-The Game
-Dr Dre

Up Next
-Kendrick Lamar
-Nippsey Hussle
-Jay Rock
-Odd Future
-Dom Kennedy
-Slim Tha Mobsta

-E-40
-Ya Boy
-Mistah Fab
-Crooked I

No region has struggled to find consistency and establish new artist in the post 90 era as much as the boys on the left side have but they look like they're primed for a revival and a lot to look forward to. Unfortunately Snoop is dropping a anything close to Doggstyle anytime soon and Tupac aint back contrary to what MMG says but with young talent like Kendrick Lamar and Nippsey Hussle on deck the west may have some new blood to finally take over. The Game dropped a very good album this year with the Red Album and allowed some of the young guns like Lamar and Odd Futures Tyler The Creator to display some of there skill on two of the stand out tracks from the album. Dr. Dre says hes going to put all effort into Lamar and Slim Tha Mobsta project but we can still hope The Detox finally drops.....

-Promising

East Coast

-Jay-Z
-Nas
-50 Cent

Up Next
-Wiz Khalifa
-Meek Mills
-Wale
-Mac Miller
-Young Chris
-Nicki Minaj
-ASAP Rocky

-Dipset
-Fabolous
-Red Cafe
-Jadakiss/Styles P
-Maino
-Fat Joe
-Freeway
-Joe Budden
-Ghostfacel/Raekwon/Method Man

As long as Nas and Jay-z stil have a mic in hand the east coast will have the two best Rappers alive on there roster but other than that things arent looking to good for the Mecca of Hip-Hop. While putting out quality music hasnt really been a problem creating standout artist has been the main issue. With a never ending supply of mixtape punchline rappers(Papoopse, Jae Millz, J Hood, Murda Mook, Serious Jones, Stimuli, Sagion, Jr Write ect) that seem to get our Jersey/DMV/NY/Philly hip hop heads hyped up for a major let down, the east coast has been long searching for that one artist who wil seperate from the pack and lead the new wave of east coast talent yet still having that gritty timberland huge fitted cap while waiting for the subway feel. Dipset may have lost by not capitalizing on the buzz of there possible reunion and 50 is holding banks back. Meek Mill has been creating a pretty nice buzz for himself lately and Wale is looking to launch his career to the next level with the release of his second album Ambition. Wiz Khalifa and Nicki Minaj are probably the two biggest east coast created artist since 50 Cent and thats not necessarily a good thing depending on who ask.....

Outlook - Grimm

Comments

• jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    You left out WC and Soopafly for the Westcoast. All they've done is put out the best Westcoast albums this year(yeah, better than Game's and his is good)
  • southsil4lil
    edited October 2011
    I probably forgot a few names but WC and Soopafly are both dope, not gonna have anyform of impact going forward though unless we get a West Side Connection reunion
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    if anybody has a chance to break out in the east its asap rocky. he has two things going for him, he sounds southern, and he is trying to stay clear of the new york stigma, like nicki minaj did and look how that worked out for her.

besides asap rocky, i think the following has a chance to break out given the right circumstances.

fred da godson
    cory gunz
    reek da villain
    vado
  • southsil4lil
    edited October 2011
    Yea I should have put cory gunz on there, he's been out for minute but being on YM might be enough to push him over the top....
  • jek
    edited October 2011
    I probably forgot a few names but WC and Soopafly are both dope, not gonna have anyform of impact going forward though unless we get a West Side Connection reunion

Agreed. But I just wish Return of the Baracuda and Bestkept secret got more listens because its a shame as dope as they are they solo releases will get kept under the radar because of below average marketing and they not 106& park artist. But both albums got heat tho, especially BKS.
  • southsil4lil
    edited October 2011
    jek wrote: »
    Agreed. But I just wish Return of the Baracuda and Bestkept secret got more listens because its a shame as dope as they are they solo releases will get kept under the radar because of below average marketing and they not 106& park artist. But both albums got heat tho, especially BKS.

I'm actually bout to give Best Keep Secert a listen, I've heard a lot about it but hadn't heard it yet...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    whats the outlook on the midwest..

fab should be under established

and u forgot good siq money under southern up & coming artists..
  • southsil4lil
    edited October 2011
    Unfortunately you didn't ? on any of the regions so nobody is going to respond.

You should of said "____________ sucks" and the thread would of been at least 5 pages by now. It's a decent read but it's really too dam long to be honest.

Lol yea I didn't realize how long it was till it posted, tried to get a legit discussion popping though :/
  • jek
    edited October 2011
    I'm actually bout to give Best Keep Secert a listen, I've heard a lot about it but hadn't heard it yet...

He got some nice beats on it Mayne. I spend alotta time playing pool and I throw that ? on after I smoke some nice ? Kush man and It's a wrap for whoever play against me....between the bud and the music I be in the zone like a muh phucka
  • Big Sean Anderson
    Big Sean Anderson Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    look out for my new album summer 2012 boiiiiiiiiiii yall know what the midwest isss boiiiiiiii
  • southsil4lil
    edited November 2011
    I'm trying to see the homestate(Texas) get back into the mix, to many quality artist here.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    yea that WC album was on point

nice breakdown
  • southsil4lil
    edited November 2011
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea that WC album was on point

nice breakdown

Yooo I had no idea that cd went that hard been jamming since last night, good look putting me on that Jek
  • jek
    edited November 2011
    Yooo I had no idea that cd went that hard been jamming since last night, good look putting me on that Jek

Fa sho man, I like it a lot. That joint he got called Reality show is one of my favorites on there. Every time I listened I caught a different reality show he mentioned within the rap biggest loser, the way that it is, the Kardashians, all while rappin Gangsta. I feel like I gotta work for the ? street team or something ? it should get Atleast talked about more even if people don't think It's the best but that ? bang to me. It's an album that should earn him more respect as a rapper but people either don't know about it or may not take it serious cuz of the awkward name the album has but now you know too so that's cool

Check out Soopafly's Best Kept Secret album also.