Terminal Illness...

Options
bull6599
bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
If 1 of ur loved ones or friends were terminally ill and u had knowledge of this while they didn't would u tell them? If it were u wold u wanna know?

I ask b/c I just found out last week that my aunt (my dad's sister) has a cancerous tumor on her brain & the doctor gave her approx 30 days. Don't really know the details b/c my dad isnt the type to talk about stuff like this (he didn't even tell me. 1 of my other aunts told both me & my older brother.) She suffered a seizure the Friday before last (I guess from the tumor pressing against her brain or smthn) and she was rushed to the hospital where the doctor gave my dad, aunts, & uncles the news (except for my aunt who's actually sick). I went home this weekend to visit her b/c I didnt want to to take the chance that anything would happen before I got a chance to see her again. As I was about to go in my aunt asked me not to say anything to her about her prognosis b/c she didnt know & they didnt wanna tell her as not to upset her.

That's understandable b/c it could upset her which could cause more seizures and shorten her time even more, but on the other hand I kinda feel like she should know. Everyone has things they would like to do before they die & by not telling her it's kinda of like they're robbing her of that chance. How would u feel & what would u do IC?

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    people dont want to be treated like they are sick
    nothing wrong with that
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes, ? . If I have 30 days to live, please ? tell me! The ? type of ? is that???
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If I had 30 days to live and no one told me, I swear, if ghost exist I'd hunt the ? out of them ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'd rather know...it'd be ? up to be moving along in life, thinking you got plans and time to do ? and you don't...and i'd, or I guess the ghost of me, would be pretty ? and I'd haunt the ? out of people at the worst times...like pop up in a mirror while they're ? or some ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    theres 2 sides to this one if shes told she can do all the things and say somethings that needs to be done and said and kinda put like a closing chapter on her life
    but, if you dont tell her she will be carefree and most likely happy till the very end and without worry about something she cant control or deeply depressed or scarred. a girl i was with once told me a story about how her grandfather was dying and refused to go to sleep b/c he was scarred he might die....just layed awake all night before he died and cried...those were his final days...someone like that u def. dont wanna tell.