I know im late but what the hell is wrong with this ? Tyler Perry????

13»

Comments

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    make ur own movie and see where that goes
    Hollywood aint gonna pump him if he make Spike Lee or Sanaa Lathan Melvin Van Peebles movies
    do the math
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Tyler Perry is clearly a ? ? though,so what does it matter.They could take away his movies tommorow that aint gonna change peoples views on black american males being deadbeats.

Same people talking about Negative Stereotypes being dislpayed ...ON A RAP FORUM..LMAO..
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Most black women are single mothers soooo..it dont take a rocket scientist to figure out most of you cats are deadbeats..
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    for colored girls was actually one of his better movies....but that's not really saying much
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    He bought his paper. As long as he keep victimizing black women on screen, those same victims will flock to every play, movie, whatever he puts out.

He found his niche now he countin stacks in it.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    gorilla wrote: »
    He bought his paper. As long as he keep victimizing black women on screen, those same victims will flock to every play, movie, whatever he puts out.

He found his niche now he countin stacks in it.

yea yea all that he gettin paid ? dont matter to me

i knew a dude who was on set for the first why did i get married and tyler perry had a rule that any extra that approaches Janet Jackson off camera would be fired from the movie
    just straight ? ?
  • Kuntpunt
    Kuntpunt Members Posts: 52
    edited November 2011
    get a diary ? .. make a movie that pushes the envelope and not as your therapist..
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Backlash against Tyler Perry for casting Kim Kardashian ... his fans are kind of serious

http://blogs.ajc.com/the-buzz/2011/11/09/tyler-perry-fans-want-kim-kardashian-banned-from-marriage-counselor
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    7fIG wrote: »
    Backlash against Tyler Perry for casting Kim Kardashian ... his fans are kind of serious

http://blogs.ajc.com/the-buzz/2011/11/09/tyler-perry-fans-want-kim-kardashian-banned-from-marriage-counselor

lol yea T.P ? up by casting Kim K. That's ether to his core audience. I dont think black females even ? w/ kim k like that.
  • 7figz
    edited November 2011
    lol yea T.P ? up by casting Kim K. That's ether to his core audience. I dont think black females even ? w/ kim k like that.

I guess now would be a good opportunity for black females to try and understand why black males criticize Tyler Perry.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I guess now would be a good opportunity for black females to try and understand why black males criticize Tyler Perry.

"kim k be stealing our black men and got ? injections to look like us, now she stealing our movie roles too! Oh hell nahh!" smh, it's gonna be a whole lot of that.

But the majority of black women still gonna be up in the theaters watching it regardless.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    his movies are trash but tyler perry is catering to black christian women who do not see themselves at all in hollywood fare. so i understand why he's so popular.... and props to him for employing black actors, writers, camera men, etc... wish more film makers would make movies that black women could relate too

and i don't understand the sentiment that a lot of his movies depict black men in a negative light ...his films typically follow the same formula: a woman experiences abandonment and/or abuse at the hands of a "bad" man...blah, blah, blah... and she ends the film settled down with the "good" man who promises her a better life.... and he didn't even write "for colored girls" and took it upon himself to add in Hill Harper's cop character (the only "good guy" in the movie)... and just like boys in the hood connected with a lot of people "for colored girls" was a true representation of real and horrific events that many black women suffer through during their lives

also if you feel tyler perry movies are bad for black america how do feel about main stream rap music? how can tyler perry movies which ultimately champion black love be any more detrimental than rappers glorifying selling ? or taking about killing each other or how about they don't love these hoes? lol. don't get me wrong i listen to rap music and i understand its a art form and they are telling THEIR story. but at the same time it would be hypocritical of me to jump on tyler perry for telling the stories that a lot of women especially black women obviously connect with ....
  • 7figz
    edited November 2011
    @desertrain -

Mainstream rap serves a purpose. It helps strike a balance between the 'simp-ism' that's promoted by other outlets. For every woman that's put on a pedastal, I'm gratfeul there's somebody out here calling a ? a ? . I mean if you left it to R&B music, and tyler perry movies to tell you how to treat women, you'd be one lost, broke dude.

? are supposed to blame themselves for all of womens' ills if you hear some people tell it.

As far as Tyler Perry, I don't watch it - but it reeks of some ? , simpish, stereotypical, exploitive, partial ? .
  • desertrain10
    edited November 2011
    @desertrain -

Mainstream rap serves a purpose. It helps strike a balance between the 'simp-ism' that's promoted by other outlets. For every woman that's put on a pedastal, I'm gratfeul there's somebody out here calling a ? a ? . I mean if you left it to R&B music, and tyler perry movies to tell you how to treat women, you'd be one lost, broke dude.

? are supposed to blame themselves for all of womens' ills if you hear some people tell it.

As far as Tyler Perry, I don't watch it - but it reeks of some ? , simpish, stereotypical, exploitive, partial ? .

lol

and tyler perry movies serves a purpose.... you may like the message of his movies but lets not be hypocrites...

mainstream rap/ hip hop music and videos can be seen as being misogynistic, stereotypical, partial, etc.... to many people as well

and i gotta give him props because at least good always prevails in tp's movies. he's not out here glorifying engaging in criminal acts, materialism, promiscuity and violence
  • texas409
    edited November 2011
    lol

and tyler perry movies serves a purpose.... you may like the message of his movies but lets not be hypocrites...

mainstream rap/ hip hop music and videos can be seen as being misogynistic, stereotypical, partial, etc.... to many people as well

and i gotta give him props because at least good always prevails in tp's movies. he's not out here glorifying engaging in criminal acts, materialism, promiscuity and violence

are you serious? his last 3 movies have had multiple couples committing adultery, ? , and had scenes of criminal acts hell he even made a movie called Madea goes to jail so what is you saying?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Will that ? ever come out the closet we all know you are ? Tyler Perry, a homosexual in hiding.His dad was probably trying to beat the ? out of him or some crazy ? .
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    why are black women threatened by Kim Kardashian??
  • texas409
    edited November 2011
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Will that ? ever come out the closet we all know you are ? Tyler Perry, a homosexual in hiding.His dad was probably trying to beat the ? out of him or some crazy ? .

two words: Reggie Bush
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    two words: Reggie Bush

I think you meant to qoute jadaross comment on black women not liking Kim kardashian.
  • desertrain10
    edited November 2011
    are you serious? his last 3 movies have had multiple couples committing adultery, ? , and had scenes of criminal acts hell he even made a movie called Madea goes to jail so what is you saying?

ok the whole madea goes to jail movie was a ? fest i gotta admit and personally i think his movies are poorly executed and poorly written...but its not like these movies he's glorifying these things. most his ? are morality tales.

and whats the difference between a lil wayne and tyler perry they may offend a few but they are telling a story.... u can't bash him for doing what a lot of hip hop artist as well as other film makers have been doing for years... let that man breathe

plus he doesn't just depict men as being evil. if you were to sit down and watch his ? for the most part the leading character is always "rescued" by a man ...