I've noticed the serious hatred for KRS-1 for a while...

Options
Disciplined InSight
Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Reason
Seriously though..why? Can anyone give a concrete, legit reason as to why you hate/despise/disgusted at him?

Is it his music? His personality/ego? Is it the fact that he came at Nelly?

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mostly the ego... dude's head is overblown, especially for the lack of success he's had since 97. I still dig his music tho, he just overrates himeslf and thinks he can write rules in hip hop. ? , you a student in the game like everyone else. If your name ain't Afrika Bambatta, Flash or Herc, shut the ? up.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    His nose is a better rapper than him....
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Mostly the ego... dude's head is overblown, especially for the lack of success he's had since 97. I still dig his music tho, he just overrates himeslf and thinks he can write rules in hip hop. ? , you a student in the game like everyone else. If your name ain't Afrika Bambatta, Flash or Herc, shut the ? up.

It's funny you said that KRS-1 "writing the rules in Hip Hop" yet whenever JayZ does something supposedly "new" his Witnesses think he's doing the same thing....
    Yamoley wrote: »
    His nose is a better rapper than him....

With the jokes about his humongous nostrils set aside...

So to you it's his music?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The only people that hate KRS-One are Southern apologists and Biggie Stans. Biggie said he liked KRS until he started speaking positivity and knowledge in his music.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The only people that hate KRS-One are Southern apologists and Biggie Stans. Biggie said he liked KRS until he started speaking positivity and knowledge in his music.

I thought Biggie said he stopped messing with KRS because of what Lab Baby stated. I am a KRS fan but he can come off as hella arrogant.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options

Wow...that's an illuminating point.
  • Lab Baby
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's funny you said that KRS-1 "writing the rules in Hip Hop" yet whenever JayZ does something supposedly "new" his Witnesses think he's doing the same thing....

I dislike Jay for that same reason. There's being cocky in your records, then there's acting like you're hip hop's rib. They both come off as holier than thou. And while we're at it, ? T.I. and Wayne for the same ? .
  • Lab Baby
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    I thought Biggie said he stopped messing with KRS because of what Lab Baby stated. I am a KRS fan but he can come off as hella arrogant.

It's a bit of both. He said that KRS went from 9MM Goes Bang to talking down on violent lyrics (paraphrasing).
  • The 3mcee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I dislike Jay for that same reason. There's being cocky in your records, then there's acting like you're hip hop's rib. They both come off as holier than thou. And while we're at it, ? T.I. and Wayne for the same ? .

LMAO. Don't hold back my man, tell us how you really feel. LOL. I think most people who are really good at something eventually become kinda cocky about it, so it is what it is in my opinion
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The 3mcee wrote: »

That's another funny thing: KRS is arrogant yes, but is arrogance/confidence a part of being an artist? You got artists today that showcase that same thing, including Big in the past when it came to their music/lyrics. It's total hypocrisy..these dudes favorite artist can showcase arrogance/confidence and it's cool, yet when KRS does it and been doing it for years he's being an overblown egotistical ? .
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i think its the ego.....kris is mad arrogant at times.......i reall find it crazy how he's called wack by some of these poster that rant about rappers that are no where near krs's level
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Most of these cats be on that southern ? *kanye shrug*
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    i think its the ego.....kris is mad arrogant at times.......i reall find it crazy how he's called wack by some of these poster that rant about rappers that are no where near krs's level

Exactly. Jay has an ego and is arrogant...Wayne has an ego and is arrogant..but when it's KRS it's a problem..
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Its his ego.

He cant just be happy with being called one of the GOATs.

He wants to tell you he's one of the GOAT, why he is one of the GOATS, and why your favorite emcee is not.
  • The 3mcee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That's another funny thing: KRS is arrogant yes, but is arrogance/confidence a part of being an artist? You got artists today that showcase that same thing, including Big in the past when it came to their music/lyrics. It's total hypocrisy..these dudes favorite artist can showcase arrogance/confidence and it's cool, yet when KRS does it and been doing it for years he's being an overblown egotistical ? .

I think you missed my one post about the ego thing. I agree with your point you made in the above statement. I mean I personally think it is okay to feel you are good at something if it has been proven. Everybody does it to some extent. But if you are bested by someone give them there due
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    he's just a corny ass ? , he was hating on nelly for no reason, and his music and rhymes are wack, simple as that
  • Lab Baby
    edited October 2011
    Options

Like I said before, there's a difference between being cocky on record, and embodying that cockiness in real life. As much as people hate him on here, Em is one of the illest cats breathing. But I've never heard him say some ? like "I'm the greatest" outside of his records. Same with Nas, dude has been in GOAT contention since IWW, and that doesn't seem to phase him a bit. Then you got a marginally on par ? like Wayne calling himself the best rapper alive, and actually believing that ? . Kris belongs in that latter group.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I never liked him. his delivery is garbage. his skills are overrated. Shan won the battle. The yeah i said it. Kane called him out, G Rap called him out. Craig G bumped into him numerous times ready for a battle and he never stepped to the plate. He was one of the 7 MC that rakim put in that line. He was scared to go at LL. LL was throwin shots at him on Bad album. I was 5 years old and I could tell who he was talking about. Him and D Nice got Scott La Rock killed. Jive records pet monkey and wanna be jew. He stole that revolutionary style straight from Chuck D. "I Dont rhyme for the sake of riddilin" was a shot at KRS. ? didnt like him he's a snob. and when that african medallion ? went south he went underground and had ? ghost writing and ghost producing for him. you had young ? like BCC, Wu, Def Squad shaping the underground sound for the youth of the 90s and this old ass musty dreadlocked ? gonna act like he created "boom bap real hip hop" ? . ? that. He was uncle otis in 1992-1993. Nelly ended his career. ? was so thirsty for relevancy in the new millenium he actually thought Nelly was throwing shots at him. just like with shan he took ? way out of context and caught feelings over it. Shan smashed him. Nelly smashed him. he ducked the juice crew. he not even in my top 100 rappers. i never liked KRS one. his music is boring. he dont have no bangers. maybe love is gonna get cha but thats just because I heard it on a DJ Screw tape. Bridge is over garbage diss song. like i said he dissing women like Jay Z. dissin producers but he aint want no part of G Rap or Kane. What kind of ? legend is that.

The Bridge, ? That Noise>South Bronx, Bridge Is Over
    MC Shan, Nelly>KRS-1
  • a_list
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Exactly. Jay has an ego and is arrogant...Wayne has an ego and is arrogant..but when it's KRS it's a problem..

maybe they really liked nelly and still hold that grudge...i dont kno.....but it was said in here before these younger cats dont really kno anything about krs besides him running his mouth...lol so maybe thats it
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Its his ego.

He wants to tell you he's one of the GOAT, why he is one of the GOATS, and why your favorite emcee is not.

Because no other rapper has been on this ? ...EVER
    tumblr_lk0ekxsDA01qcq0wz.gif
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Its his ego.

What's wrong that?

You got JayZ who to many is of the GOATs, saying ? like "if I ain't better than Big, I'm the closest one" and "I supposed to be number one on EVERYBODY'S LIST" still to this day saying he thinks his Takeover song is better than Ether..
  • The 3mcee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    a_list wrote: »

You also have to remember a lot of posters on here are really young and don't know about when KRS was hot. They don't understand how nice he was for his time period. They compare him to these newer guys who are out and don't understand what he is trying to show case in his music. It's just a generation gap thing
  • a_list
    edited October 2011
    Options
    he's just a corny ass ? , he was hating on nelly for no reason, and his music and rhymes are wack, simple as that

this wat im talkin bout.....now not to put you on the spot but would u say that 2 chainz rhymes are better than krs's?.....i see the sig
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Because no other rapper has been on this ? ...EVER
    tumblr_lk0ekxsDA01qcq0wz.gif

Yeah..Kanye most definitely...
  • The 3mcee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I never liked him. his delivery is garbage. his skills are overrated. Shan won the battle. The yeah i said it. Kane called him out, G Rap called him out. Craig G bumped into him numerous times ready for a battle and he never stepped to the plate. He was one of the 7 MC that rakim put in that line. He was scared to go at LL. LL was throwin shots at him on Bad album. I was 5 years old and I could tell who he was talking about. Him and D Nice got Scott La Rock killed. Jive records pet monkey and wanna be jew. He stole that revolutionary style straight from Chuck D. "I Dont rhyme for the sake of riddilin" was a shot at KRS. ? didnt like him he's a snob. and when that african medallion ? went south he went underground and had ? ghost writing and ghost producing for him. you had young ? like BCC, Wu, Def Squad shaping the underground sound for the youth of the 90s and this old ass musty dreadlocked ? gonna act like he created "boom bap real hip hop" ? . ? that. He was uncle otis in 1992-1993. Nelly ended his career. ? was so thirsty for relevancy in the new millenium he actually thought Nelly was throwing shots at him. just like with shan he took ? way out of context and caught feelings over it. Shan smashed him. Nelly smashed him. he ducked the juice crew. he not even in my top 100 rappers. i never liked KRS one. his music is boring. he dont have no bangers. maybe love is gonna get cha but thats just because I heard it on a DJ Screw tape. Bridge is over garbage diss song. like i said he dissing women like Jay Z. dissin producers but he aint want no part of G Rap or Kane. What kind of ? legend is that.

The Bridge, ? That Noise>South Bronx, Bridge Is Over
    MC Shan, Nelly>KRS-1

You are a lil older of a head on here. I like a lot of the info you dropped for the younger folks who don't know. I will respectfully disagree about the Shan battle though. LOL. I think he roasted Shan but a decent amount of the stuff you dropped has some validity to it