I've noticed the serious hatred for KRS-1 for a while...

Options

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I never liked him. his delivery is garbage. his skills are overrated. Shan won the battle. The yeah i said it. Kane called him out, G Rap called him out. Craig G bumped into him numerous times ready for a battle and he never stepped to the plate. He was one of the 7 MC that rakim put in that line. He was scared to go at LL. LL was throwin shots at him on Bad album. I was 5 years old and I could tell who he was talking about. Him and D Nice got Scott La Rock killed. Jive records pet monkey and wanna be jew. He stole that revolutionary style straight from Chuck D. "I Dont rhyme for the sake of riddilin" was a shot at KRS. ? didnt like him he's a snob. and when that african medallion ? went south he went underground and had ? ghost writing and ghost producing for him. you had young ? like BCC, Wu, Def Squad shaping the underground sound for the youth of the 90s and this old ass musty dreadlocked ? gonna act like he created "boom bap real hip hop" ? . ? that. He was uncle otis in 1992-1993. Nelly ended his career. ? was so thirsty for relevancy in the new millenium he actually thought Nelly was throwing shots at him. just like with shan he took ? way out of context and caught feelings over it. Shan smashed him. Nelly smashed him. he ducked the juice crew. he not even in my top 100 rappers. i never liked KRS one. his music is boring. he dont have no bangers. maybe love is gonna get cha but thats just because I heard it on a DJ Screw tape. Bridge is over garbage diss song. like i said he dissing women like Jay Z. dissin producers but he aint want no part of G Rap or Kane. What kind of ? legend is that.

The Bridge, ? That Noise>South Bronx, Bridge Is Over
    MC Shan, Nelly>KRS-1

Roadhouse. *Peter Griffin voice*
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    he's just a corny ass ?

basically........
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I never liked him. his delivery is garbage. his skills are overrated. Shan won the battle. The yeah i said it. Kane called him out, G Rap called him out. Craig G bumped into him numerous times ready for a battle and he never stepped to the plate. He was one of the 7 MC that rakim put in that line. He was scared to go at LL. LL was throwin shots at him on Bad album. I was 5 years old and I could tell who he was talking about. Him and D Nice got Scott La Rock killed. Jive records pet monkey and wanna be jew. He stole that revolutionary style straight from Chuck D. "I Dont rhyme for the sake of riddilin" was a shot at KRS. ? didnt like him he's a snob. and when that african medallion ? went south he went underground and had ? ghost writing and ghost producing for him. you had young ? like BCC, Wu, Def Squad shaping the underground sound for the youth of the 90s and this old ass musty dreadlocked ? gonna act like he created "boom bap real hip hop" ? . ? that. He was uncle otis in 1992-1993. Nelly ended his career. ? was so thirsty for relevancy in the new millenium he actually thought Nelly was throwing shots at him. just like with shan he took ? way out of context and caught feelings over it. Shan smashed him. Nelly smashed him. he ducked the juice crew. he not even in my top 100 rappers. i never liked KRS one. his music is boring. he dont have no bangers. maybe love is gonna get cha but thats just because I heard it on a DJ Screw tape. Bridge is over garbage diss song. like i said he dissing women like Jay Z. dissin producers but he aint want no part of G Rap or Kane. What kind of ? legend is that.

The Bridge, ? That Noise>South Bronx, Bridge Is Over
    MC Shan, Nelly>KRS-1

Tomp...Nelly smashed KRS because he had the mainstream pull...that's the logical reason. Now as far as the KRS/Shan battle..that's a never ending toss up that's been going on for years though.

And what songs did G Rap, Kane, LL called him out on? Post those...
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    In terms of skills.. hes just not as good as guys like rakim, kool g rap, kane... and since he from the 80's he got an inflated sense of his skills.... and he a corny dude imo
  • Kame
    edited October 2011
    Options
    In terms of skills.. hes just not as good as guys like rakim, kool g rap, kane... and since he from the 80's he got an inflated sense of his skills.... and he a corny dude imo

then again Ive heard maybe 10 songs from dude, didnt like any of them though.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol @ how lame some ? are cause another man doesnt like someone else its almost like a white girl trying to get aproval from her father for her new long haired motorcycle driving boyfriend...why do ? get mad about things like this? I can understand being curious but you ? really getting mad about it.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    he's just a corny ass ? , he was hating on nelly for no reason, and his music and rhymes are wack, simple as that

Maybe I've missed something....but what makes KRS corny?
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

He has a message? Idk *shrugs*
  • Kame
    edited October 2011
    Options

Just his unwillingness to not accept forms of rap that don't sound like 80's rap I guess... could be other ? as well.

Its not like I hate KRS, just don;t really like him either
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Tomp...Nelly smashed KRS because he had the mainstream pull...that's the logical reason. Now as far as the KRS/Shan battle..that's a never ending toss up that's been going on for years though.

And what songs did G Rap, Kane, LL called him out on? Post those...

i would like to kno this as well...i was in a house with older brothers that were straight shan and juice crew....lol krs couldnt even get no burn...i never heard of any of them callin krs out...even shan said that he was the only one
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the difference between jay and krs is krs says the ? about himself about how he got " a diss song for all the hot rappers" and all that other ? he say. Where as w Jay, ya'll the ones sayin ? how ya'll think hes arrogant and he think hes the "rib of hip hop", Krs actually says ? like that, thats annoyin as ? .
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just his unwillingness to not accept forms of rap that don't sound like 80's rap I guess... could be other ? as well.

Its not like I hate KRS, just don;t really like him either

Are you sure about that? He accepted and co-signed a majority of artists we listen to today that came after him...Nas, Jay, 50 Cent, etc. so really though..
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Lol @ how lame some ? are cause another man doesnt like someone else its almost like a white girl trying to get aproval from her father for her new long haired motorcycle driving boyfriend...why do ? get mad about things like this? I can understand being curious but you ? really getting mad about it.

who's mad?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I never heard anybody that's a part of HipHop have serious hatred for KRS ONE.
    That would be insanity like having unnatural hatred for your own father or grandfather.

Blastmaster has done so much for the culture that he's the one figure that is almost unanimously revered by the old school along with the original ol' school pioneers.

He's contributions to HipHop are immeasurable.

...however, I can see how people who don't really feel a connection with the movement might just view him as an old ni99er who dissed Nelly for being a pop-tart.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    I never heard anybody that's a part of HipHop have serious hatred for KRS ONE.
    That would be insanity like having unnatural hatred for your own father or grandfather.

Blastmaster has done so much for the culture that he's the one figure that is almost unanimously revered by the old school along with the original ol' school pioneers.

He's contributions to HipHop are immeasurable.

...however, I can see how people who don't really feel a connection with the movement might just view him as an old ni99er who dissed Nelly for being a pop-tart.

..which I believe, in my opinion is why KRS gets so hated on here...
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yea real talk that Nelly beef was a straight up pop contest
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited October 2011
    Options

He is on to something but you also have to factor in how so many of the young folks don't know who KRS is and what his impact on the art form is
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

I have a two-part lecture video of KRS- One giving a lecture at Temple university, I downloaded it from ITunes off the Black Media Archive, it's one of my favorite lectures by him because he talks about the conditions that HipHop was born out of and how it grew.

That's a bad audio version of a portion of that lecture but whenever I hear the Teacha speak abbout the culture I can hear the passion, nowadays that passion has been replaced with the passion for material wealth so you can hear a rapper talk about their car collection the same way KRS talks about the 5 elements.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Seriously though..why? Can anyone give a concrete, legit reason as to why you hate/despise/disgusted at him?

Is it his music? His personality/ego? Is it the fact that he came at Nelly?

the bold is the biggest reason
  • Kame
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Generation gap.

Same generation praises rakim, big daddy kane, and kool g rap. Why does Krs get left out?
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Same generation praises rakim, big daddy kane, and kool g rap. Why does Krs get left out?

I don't know about all that man. I've seen cats on here dissing those guys too. Not to mention none of them can move units if they dropped an album also. Rakim couldn't get any traction with a Dr. Dre cosign.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Idk just something I don't like abt that ? .

& it's not because of nelly cuz I can't stand him either.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    "I Dont rhyme for the sake of riddilin" was a shot at KRS.

what
    how so???
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well for one, he's overrated as ? , all the 80's legends, and yall choose DIS ? !!