I've noticed the serious hatred for KRS-1 for a while...

12346»

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    ibedamned wrote: »
    see, you a solid poster dog and i aint really got no beef w you, but this ? right here is beneth you fam. You can debate much better than that homie, come on now.

Same here..but I was just analyzing your post and feed off what I thought at the moment. You mentioned that you're from St. Louis..but hey I'll overlook that and it doesn't mean ? ..
    ibedamned wrote: »
    I just dont see it like that fam. I dont think alot of ppl liked him before that and that just kinda broke the bank. Im 31, and from stl, i dont believe Nelly "won" lyrically. But he got more points for holding his ground than KRS got for the attack, if that makes sense. I dont like dude for the attitude reason you said its ok to be confident, its hip hop. But dude comes off like an arrogant old man.

At least you analyzed it for what it was...everybody else is saying the opposite like Nelly destroyed him etc..yeah Nelly had the gall to go at KRS but he also had the mainstream pull at that time which KRS didn't. I admit if it was back in the late 80's early 90's KRS could've gotten him but in that current time KRS had no hope because he wasn't mainstream visible and Nelly was.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I stated this earlier but KRS-ONE is hated because of the generation gap. Look at Bill Cosby for example. Legendary comedian but he's hated by the youth because of his negative opinions of the youth. Now the youngins may not feel the other older comics like Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor are the best but they don't hate them because they don't come out and ? on this generation like Bill Cosby did. Same situation applies to KRS-ONE. Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, ect. ect. don't openly come out and battle Nelly or say "insert famous rapper" is wack so they don't get the same negative backlash as KRS-ONE does.

This^^^^^^^^
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    So it's ok for you, the fan to say who is and isn't wack, but when KRS-One does the same thing, he's being elitist and an egomaniac?
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    It's comical to see ? all in here hating on KRS on his flow and talking about what sounds dated n ? and these same ? act like Ross can rap. Actin like Wiz , and soulja boy be killin it wit they flow.

Lol at this guys talkin about Nelly doin something to KRS. Nelly the one wack as ? . I don't know any real ? that bump any Nelly joints out they ride. If you not a female and you bump Nelly shame on you ? ! Acting as if Nelly got anything that sound doper in the truck wit speakers than "step into the world" or "Smoking mad ism".
    People don't have to be KRS fans or nothing but to act like Nelly murdering ? with his weak as ? raps is just pathetic. I know He's closer to the new school generation than KRS but that don't mean he ain't wack, don't claim him newbies!

As far as KRS attitude is concerned yeah, he think he the best but what rappers don't? What he pose to do, say he # 1000 instead of # 1?