What does it really mean to submit to your husband?

Options

Comments

• Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

Being a man does not give you this magical wisdom.You do
    what ever you're strong in,in the relationship.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like Ephesians 5:25 -29 better.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Whateva u'd do for the Lord, u should be doing for him

U Tithe the Lord? Pay ya mans (? )
    U Clean the Lords House? Bring that bucket back to his house (Maid)
    U singing the Lords praises? Let the neighbors know his name (Freak)

gotta love that the bible is open to interpretation

someone quoted this post and i was wondering y i aint see it till i looked and saw the avi lmao...totally missed the post after that.
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    I wanna feel up on all the females so far in this thread.....

kat2180 wrote: »
    I like Ephesians 5:25 -29 better.

quote that ? slime, I cant look through a bible for some reason my hands start sweating.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It means she get to live another day is what it means.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »

respect him as the head of your household

be ready and willing to follow the vision he has for his household

This ^^
    I have to add that to a further extent, he really shouldn't even have to ask for a lot of these things, much of this gets established earlier at some point and comes with the territory.

And when you are asked of something, don't immediately snap back and question him or his decision. Trust him and/or his agenda without nagging/badgering him every step of the way.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Why, in 2011, does anyone think that men should be the 'head of the household'?

If I had a family, every member would be equal. My wife and I would make joint decisions for our children only in their bests interests and not for the sake of maintaining hierarchy. Men don't have better judgment than women do, they're not more mature, more wise, more intelligent etc. (at least not on the basis of their being men) so I don't see why they deserve the privilege of being 'head'.

Man is the head of the household, the woman is the backbone.
    Do you even understand the importance of that role? Without a backbone things fall apart, it's what holds up the structure that has been formed.

"Head" does not mean "better" or "greater than", has James Brown taught you nothing? This is a man's world but it's nothing without a woman.

It is still all very much a partnership, not a dictatorship. It's still two people working towards the same goal. That's the point many are missing when they take "submitting" too literally. I can get how but that's not what it is, unless you are that possessive, control freak who wants an object rather than a teammate, it's not about superiority or control.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yummy.Lix wrote: »
    I don't believe in it.

Being a man does not give you this magical wisdom.You do
    what ever you're strong in,in the relationship.

This "magical wisdom" lies within all of us. It takes soul searching and years of faith to obtain this. You cannot possibly view the excerpt with a worldly mindset. The coming together of man and woman is supposed to be an holy representation of ? himself. Both man and woman have their own unique offerings that can make the relationship a powerful one. If a woman follows the right man with the understanding and her heart is true to herself plus ? , she will find that her protector (the man) is as much as her guide as she is with him.

Relationships are failing because many do not understand the true nature and roles in a relationship. The majority is selfish...
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I wanted to elaborate further on this topic

First, the scripture cannot be read with a worldly mindset...

This is a scripture of ? , there is more to the meaning than the context that you see

Submit in this verse does not mean "to become a slave or follow orders"

That's what alot of women see because they are thinking with a worldly mindset

Yet if you see it with a spiritual mindset and also know your bible, you will understand the meaning

In Pslams 37: 23 through 26 its says that a good man's steps are ordered by the lord...

So if a woman submits to the righteous man, the lord shall lead him which leads her

And what about submit?

You see, women fail to understand that part. To submit is a much deeper meaning

The woman holds the keys of life...this has always been so

When the woman "submits", she is not only following the right man who leads her

But she's submitting her love, which is the nectar of life, which therefore bathes the man anew...empowering him

In doing so, she has washed herself anew, for she is reflecting the exuberance of her man as well as he to her

This represents the holy trinity...man woman and ? ...

We have seen this in countless stories where we have a hero who is made stronger by the love a woman

Think of The Matrix...Neo didn't believe he was the one...so when he faced the Agents he died...but Trinity's love and faith in him restored his life and when he returned
    his faith was solidified. It empowered him, allowing him to become the one...

So do not read the verse as if it's a command to bow down...

Once a woman understands her role and the man understands his...the two together are a representation of ? himself...

That's the true beauty of relationship

But many fail at this and only place the relationship in worldly matters and rules...

Reason being why so many relationships has failed...
  • DarcSkies
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If your wife is an accountant and you are a teacher, yet when tax time comes around YOU are doing the taxes because, "you're the head of the household." You're an idiot.

And men are the head of the household mainly because thats how women want it. Women are not independent creatures. Nor are men. Men are leaders, raised to be leaders and women are followers and thats how they're raised. Period.

Its a social construct that happens to be worldwide. Especially since men are the ones with the most assets (all that hunter gatherer ? ). When's the last time u heard a female say, "I dont care if my man can provide. His money means nothing to me."

Women are taught to be in a supportive role not a leadership role. And because they have to do less work as a result they like it that way.

You can try to play that "we're all equal" game if u want. But deep down she'll never respect you if can not "lead" her. As for why ANYONE has to lead its simple, no relationship can or ever has been equal. There can only be balance. 80/20 is balance. 60/40 is balance.

if you think about all the great partnerships, "Jordan/Pippen...Oprah & Stedman...Warren Buffet and (forgot who his business partner is but he plays the background)" there is always the alpha dog and the other person who is in a support role and happy to be there. The only way things last really.

Whereas u look at all the people who tried to be each other's "equal" (Kobe & Shaq, *place R&B/RAP group here*, 70 percent of marriages...) they all fail eventually..
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    I wanted to elaborate further on this topic

First, the scripture cannot be read with a worldly mindset...

This is a scripture of ? , there is more to the meaning than the context that you see

Submit in this verse does not mean "to become a slave or follow orders"

That's what alot of women see because they are thinking with a worldly mindset

Yet if you see it with a spiritual mindset and also know your bible, you will understand the meaning

In Pslams 37: 23 through 26 its says that a good man's steps are ordered by the lord...

So if a woman submits to the righteous man, the lord shall lead him which leads her

And what about submit?

You see, women fail to understand that part. To submit is a much deeper meaning

The woman holds the keys of life...this has always been so

When the woman "submits", she is not only following the right man who leads her

But she's submitting her love, which is the nectar of life, which therefore bathes the man anew...empowering him

In doing so, she has washed herself anew, for she is reflecting the exuberance of her man as well as he to her

This represents the holy trinity...man woman and ? ...

We have seen this in countless stories where we have a hero who is made stronger by the love a woman

Think of The Matrix...Neo didn't believe he was the one...so when he faced the Agents he died...but Trinity's love and faith in him restored his life and when he returned
    his faith was solidified. It empowered him, allowing him to become the one...

So do not read the verse as if it's a command to bow down...

Once a woman understands her role and the man understands his...the two together are a representation of ? himself...

That's the true beauty of relationship

But many fail at this and only place the relationship in worldly matters and rules...

Reason being why so many relationships has failed...

................................well put
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

If I had a family, every member would be equal. My wife and I would make joint decisions for our children only in their bests interests and not for the sake of maintaining hierarchy. Men don't have better judgment than women do, they're not more mature, more wise, more intelligent etc. (at least not on the basis of their being men) so I don't see why they deserve the privilege of being 'head'.

This, ? that head of the household ? . My woman and I will be/are equal and it'll always be that way.

Btw SMH @ these clowns still looking at the bible for guidance, like it doesn't say king james version right on it etc.
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This, ? that head of the household ? . My woman and I will be/are equal and it'll always be that way.

Btw SMH @ these clowns still looking at the bible for guidance, like it doesn't say king james version right on it etc.

Lol, you say clowns

But yet you speak with a fools tongue

So a man and woman is equal within the household? You only say that to make an argumentative point

You don't believe that because you will be in donkey talking about what "simp" dudes shouldn't do

Yet...you say here women are equal to a man...

Can a man give life as woman can?

Can a woman make decisions necessary without the inclusion of emotions?

No its not possible.

If you don't believe in the word, so be it...that's fine

But to say in a household that man and woman is equal is just down right stupid.

It doesn't make sense

You basically say that your woman has the right to take on what a man should be doing in a relationship and vice versa

You just literally put your manhood on a back burner...

No woman wants a man equal to them...it's the "big daddy" complex so to speak. They want a protector and leader...not a weakling who says "we are equal baby".

Even without the bible, the law is still the law...people who go against often find problems in their relationships...

With the recent increase in failed marriages and children in broken homes

you're telling me the bible shouldn't be looked on for guidance? That the world has been doing better without its teachings?

Riddle me that ? batman
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Lol, you say clowns

But yet you speak with a fools tongue

So a man and woman is equal within the household? You only say that to make an argumentative point

You don't believe that because you will be in donkey talking about what "simp" dudes shouldn't do

Yet...you say here women are equal to a man...

Can a man give life as woman can?

Can a woman make decisions necessary without the inclusion of emotions?

No its not possible.

If you don't believe in the word, so be it...that's fine

But to say in a household that man and woman is equal is just down right stupid.

It doesn't make sense

You basically say that your woman has the right to take on what a man should be doing in a relationship and vice versa

You just literally put your manhood on a back burner...

No woman wants a man equal to them...it's the "big daddy" complex so to speak. They want a protector and leader...not a weakling who says "we are equal baby".

Even without the bible, the law is still the law...people who go against often find problems in their relationships...

With the recent increase in failed marriages and children in broken homes

you're telling me the bible shouldn't be looked on for guidance? That the world has been doing better without its teachings?

Riddle me that ? batman

Get'em.......where is the "like" button in this piece?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    If your wife is an accountant and you are a teacher, yet when tax time comes around YOU are doing the taxes because, "you're the head of the household." You're an idiot.

And men are the head of the household mainly because thats how women want it. Women are not independent creatures. Nor are men. Men are leaders, raised to be leaders and women are followers and thats how they're raised. Period.

Its a social construct that happens to be worldwide. Especially since men are the ones with the most assets (all that hunter gatherer ? ). When's the last time u heard a female say, "I dont care if my man can provide. His money means nothing to me."

Women are taught to be in a supportive role not a leadership role. And because they have to do less work as a result they like it that way.

You can try to play that "we're all equal" game if u want. But deep down she'll never respect you if can not "lead" her. As for why ANYONE has to lead its simple, no relationship can or ever has been equal. There can only be balance. 80/20 is balance. 60/40 is balance.

if you think about all the great partnerships, "Jordan/Pippen...Oprah & Stedman...Warren Buffet and (forgot who his business partner is but he plays the background)" there is always the alpha dog and the other person who is in a support role and happy to be there. The only way things last really.

Whereas u look at all the people who tried to be each other's "equal" (Kobe & Shaq, *place R&B/RAP group here*, 70 percent of marriages...) they all fail eventually..

I would like to nominate this as "POST OF THE YEAR"
  • BlackThor356
    BlackThor356 Members Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    dont matter what it means truthfully, cuz in the end nan of yall hoes doin ? u dont wanna
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    You're still equal but you let your Man take the lead, there is always going to be a dominant person in a relationship, it's never actually 50-50.

^^^^When I saw this^^^^, I immediately thought this...
    if you think about all the great partnerships, "Jordan/Pippen...there is always the alpha dog and the other person who is in a support role and happy to be there. The only way things last really.

Whereas u look at all the people who tried to be each other's "equal" (Kobe & Shaq, ) they all fail eventually..
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    Contrary to what these hardheaded females out here think it does not mean to be a slave with no life of they own and to be at every beckoncall. It simply means to respect the man as the head of the household.

Basically women as long as you respect your man. Neither you or him will have nothing to worry about because the respect wont allow the ? to happen in relationships.

I think if they wanted to say respect in the bible they would've just used the word respect or honor etc
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Because traditional gender roles call for the man to be the bread winner and make sure that the rest of the family members are provided for. I agree. If you're man enough to hold down the household, then you should be respected as one.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm finna jus co sign all the ? Darxwell said...it was like some harsh ghetto poetry....I felt like saying "ay who da ? u think u talking to!?" and "I feel u dawg" all at once. Excellent post mang....uh, now my opinion

I think its deeper than just submitting to your husband. I think it's just a successful guideline on how men and women should interact with one another.

When I hang with a woman or I'm dating,its subconsciously established that I have the final decision on our extracurricular activities of the day. Although as a gentleman I take into consideration what she likes....Alot of times when a chic likes you they go by that, they try to support what you're doing or help you out where you might be slacking......for instance you might have a car with no cd player, but she has an ipod...she makes a folder with the ? that you like and ya'll jam and you help her through her day...teamwork.....you dont want to spend money on food everyday, she cooks for you= you save money= you take her out to eat or buy her something nice......nice balance......it's best when unspoken and just realized and continued.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's traditional, but how well does it hold up in modern times? I doubt that every household has the man making more than the woman. If I were to follow the logic of bringing in more money to support the family, peep this: What if she brings home more money than him? Then since she is the breadwinner, she would have to be head of the household, no?

Absolutely. But I was talking about the tradtional nuclear family. I had seen a few bible quotes that were being discussed in here so that's why I mentioned it. Of course it doesn't apply to alot of families nowadays, but for those that it does apply to, my opinion still stands.
  • DarcSkies
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's traditional, but how well does it hold up in modern times? I doubt that every household has the man making more than the woman. If I were to follow the logic of bringing in more money to support the family, peep this: What if she brings home more money than him? Then since she is the breadwinner, she would have to be head of the household, no?
    she either wouldnt be with him in the first place or she'd be on her way to leaving him. because a woman's number 1 concern is money first family second.

Women dont really like men. They like what men have. Most women will openly admit they wouldnt date a man who made less than them. So your example doesnt hold up in reality.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited November 2011
    Options
    she either wouldnt be with him in the first place or she'd be on her way to leaving him. because a woman's number 1 concern is money first family second.

Women dont really like men. They like what men have. Most women will openly admit they wouldnt date a man who made less than them. So your example doesnt hold up in reality.

Not according to the house of twigs my rich in love & happiness family live in my dear friend.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    there is a situation in the bible also says the husband should submit to his wife also....
    what does it mean for a husband to submit to his wife????
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    isayas_2 wrote: »
    oh, goodness, marley. Do you always have to sprout your perfection to everyone? We know already.

lmao.........
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited November 2011
    Options
    isayas_2 wrote: »
    Oh, goodness, Marley. Do you always have to sprout your perfection to everyone? WE KNOW ALREADY.

Ha.
    Your words, not mine.
    lmao.........

You know this will be brought up later tonight, right?
    I wish you would step in that front door this evening.