why do people insist on paying more for name brand clothes

Options
Rated R
Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in Fashion Forward
that's why most of us will never have successful businesses and what not. we'll always be living paycheck to paycheck. ? just can't see the big picture. I'm living in a two bedroom apartment. why the ? would i spend 200 or 300 on some ? clothes? crazy ? . most ? still living with they folks.

just a question

Comments

• SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally i have too much money and i need to get rid of it.
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? stylin on you again?
  • crazychic
    crazychic Members Posts: 179
    edited January 2010
    Options

...............................................................................................
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wear nothing but brand name clothes but Ive never spent 2-300 on some clothes, i buy my ? a piece by piece.
  • Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I won't lie. I'm shallow. I have to feel fresh, and the only way I will feel fresh is if I have expensive ? .

So if I wanna spend 175$ on a pair of diesel jeans or 250$ on some Kenneth Cole shoes, I'll just have to do that.

Image is everything...and I notice that ? rile up with envy when they see you have on something that they can't afford. LoL
  • Digicel_woman
    Digicel_woman Members Posts: 60
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i don't get it...i guess they got money to burn like that
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? I carry my whole household. When I get 300 dollar outfits, one of my hotmamaz brought it
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Same reason why they want name brand food instead of off brand and a Benz in they driveway that costs more than they house to a certain degree and level we all live beyond our means

even though the crazy thing is with some name brand clothes they're usually made in the same factory as an off brand knockoff but people dont recognize that
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Only name brand stuff I will pay full retail price on is LRG
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't need that chit. Give me a Tee, pants and some nike's and Im straight...
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    paying for brand name clothes doesn't equal living paycheck to paycheck

it's called having budget and if you stick to it you can the things you like plus more
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't focus on name brands when buying clothes, but I have noticed that the clothes I do get often end up being from a familiar brand.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i wanna buy a louis rag... dat bytch $600... ima get it 4 my b-day.... but it makes me feel good 2 go in a store and drop hundreds of dollars on ? .... like it aint ? ....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I won't lie. I'm shallow. I have to feel fresh, and the only way I will feel fresh is if I have expensive ? .

So if I wanna spend 175$ on a pair of diesel jeans or 250$ on some Kenneth Cole shoes, I'll just have to do that.

Image is everything...and I notice that ? rile up with envy when they see you have on something that they can't afford. LoL

not all ? rile up w/ envy...some people just don't care about that type of ? ...your $175 pair of jeans aren't more noticeable than somebody's $20 pair of jeans...
  • Lege|\|dary
    Lege|\|dary Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wal-mart has some cool clothes
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Uh...because I know how to manage my money? LMAO at thinkin' ? are living check to check b/c they buy name brand clothing? Step ya bargain game up, step ya coupon code game up, and step ya money game up ? . ? outta here. "That's why we'll never own any successful businesses" ? off.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What you wear is a reflection of how you feel inside too. I wear name brands because i actually like Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss,etc and they way their clothes are made and fit. As far as that other ? , i don't see the relation between the liking to wear nice ? and living paycheck to paycheck. There are plenty of people who like dressing nice and are financially responsible
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    What you wear is a reflection of how you feel inside too. I wear name brands because i actually like Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss,etc and they way their clothes are made and fit. As far as that other ? , i don't see the relation between the liking to wear nice ? and living paycheck to paycheck. There are plenty of people who like dressing nice and are financially responsible

? need to stop just looking at end result and look at motives.

The people that say "? , don't you know how much this outfit costs?" as proof that it looks good(Soulja boi) aren't financially responsible.
    If I like something I'ma cop it. Be it from Target(never wal-mart), Ralph Lauren, Stussy, Lacoste, or any other brand. ? need to learn how to ball on a budget.
  • SweetzIsAwesome
    SweetzIsAwesome Members Posts: 462
    edited January 2010
    Options
    idk.. but you guys are NOT going to believe this.. the other day I bought not 1 but TWO pair of jeans for 20 dollars.. woot.. I got a feelingggg that tonight's gonna be a good good nighhhht..!!
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally i have too much money and i need to get rid of it.

I could help you out with that...
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ChillaT wrote: »
    Same reason why they want name brand food instead of off brand and a Benz in they driveway that costs more than they house to a certain degree and level we all live beyond our means

even though the crazy thing is with some name brand clothes they're usually made in the same factory as an off brand knockoff but people dont recognize that

I'm sure someone that buys brand name food is buying it because it taste good, unlike someone buying brand name clothes who is doing it for their image.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? need to stop just looking at end result and look at motives.

The people that say "? , don't you know how much this outfit costs?" as proof that it looks good(Soulja boi) aren't financially responsible.
    If I like something I'ma cop it. Be it from Target(never wal-mart), Ralph Lauren, Stussy, Lacoste, or any other brand. ? need to learn how to ball on a budget.

Didn't you hear me say, i like they way their clothes are made and fit. There is a difference between high end products and some Walmart ? , there are certain things you want to spend good money on and i have no problem with that. I also know how to get deals (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc), rarely do i ever go to one of the big department stores.
  • lilhd47
    lilhd47 Members Posts: 833
    edited January 2010
    Options
    a degree will pay for them clothes ten times over
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yall fools better learn how to do it right....i bout 9 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans all name brand online for bout 300 bucks .....i stay winning
  • 32FlAVORS
    32FlAVORS Members Posts: 52
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why do some people insist on buying off brand clothes.. ?? It's all a choice. I buy them because I want to and can. I'd rather buy something and spend the money for the quality and be assured that I'm getting what I paid for, than to buy something from Wal-Mart or some place like that.. for less money and quality and then have the ? tear up after one wash. It doesn't make sense to me.