edited January 2010
    Options
    To each his own i guess
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Didn't you hear me say, i like they way their clothes are made and fit. There is a difference between high end products and some Walmart ? , there are certain things you want to spend good money on and i have no problem with that. I also know how to get deals (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc), rarely do i ever go to one of the big department stores.

I was agreeing with you my ? .
  • TooXquisite
    TooXquisite Members Posts: 75
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think it's different for women. We really don't have to buy name brands. As long as we know how to hook it up, style it and accessorize, it's gonna look nice, even if it's all from Joyce Leslie or something. But name brands do have better quality. So if you plan on keeping something for a while, name brands make more sense.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    only thing youre doing is paying for the NAME
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    over the edge like janis jopliin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapstar39
    rapstar39 Members Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i wouldn't want to pay 100 just for a shirt

so i just cop a t shirt and jeans at the local store newarby

i ain't the type of guy to be spending mad money on clothes
  • TooXquisite
    TooXquisite Members Posts: 75
    edited January 2010
    Options
    only thing youre doing is paying for the NAME

It depends on the particular piece though. A t-shirt is pretty much the same, no matter the brand. A coat or even sweaters, is different though.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eh....if you got the money I dont see a problem with somebody wanting to spend on a label

me personally, I spend my money on utility.....it actually has to have a use for me to see it as valuable enough to spend my money

so if I buy a coat, it better be a good coat that lasts, looks good, and keeps me warm. but I peep some mofos buy ? just cause it got a name

the ? you gon do with a louis rag SMH & LOL
    1449225 Members Posts: 164
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? priorities are all ? up
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    like i said youre just buyin the name,cause if somebody come out with a shirt called, Bling BLing i be damned ? gonna cop them a few tshirts
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For myself it is not the brand that I am paying for; it is the quality of fabrics/textiles that I am looking for and when you pay cheap; people tend to get cheap quality fabrics that always: a) rip b) stretch out c) shrink.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont shop as much as I use to.. but even when I do I wish I would pay retail for anything.. hustlers dont get huslted..
    squares are squares for a reason.. Im an affiliate of the winner's circle.. whatever u see in the malls or best buys or wherever, I can get half that. lol
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I won't lie. I'm shallow. I have to feel fresh, and the only way I will feel fresh is if I have expensive ? .

So if I wanna spend 175$ on a pair of diesel jeans or 250$ on some Kenneth Cole shoes, I'll just have to do that.

Image is everything...and I notice that ? rile up with envy when they see you have on something that they can't afford. LoL

but why spend that much money if you dont have to?? 175 on a pair of jeans and ? in hati cant even drink a clean glass of water..some people priorities are all messed up
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i just cop clothes that look good, regardless of brand.

why would i pay more for clothes, simply because of the brand
  • lets_get_it_homie
    lets_get_it_homie Members Posts: 149
    edited January 2010
    Options
    main clothes i rock is lonsdale or everlast

my fiitted hat of choice is dexter

shoes are either and one or kustoms

but mainly i get what ever looks good reguardless of price or brand
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it will stop as u get older and have families/bills to spend money on .
  • iStayWinnin
    iStayWinnin Members Posts: 129
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Honestly homie...the clothes that are slightly more expensive looks better...better fabric...just overall better look.
  • airafroman
    airafroman Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited January 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    I dont shop as much as I use to.. but even when I do I wish I would pay retail for anything.. hustlers dont get huslted..
    squares are squares for a reason.. Im an affiliate of the winner's circle.. whatever u see in the malls or best buys or wherever, I can get half that. lol
    rated r wrote: »
    i just cop clothes that look good, regardless of brand.

why would i pay more for clothes, simply because of the brand

trill ? posts...

the reason why nigggaz pay more is because they're ? ...point blank
    what's the difference between the prada & the fila...none... one just say prada the other say fila
    fila-helmsman-prada-america-cup.jpg
    one cost 350 Bucks the other 50, yet people rather pay 200+ more dollars for the prada

this is what most companies do...cop them a plain shirt for 5-10 cents , put some designs on it and more importantly there logo and sell it for $50 ...aND now ya clown ass fill like somebody...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    airafroman wrote: »
    trill ? posts...

what's the difference between the prada & the fila...none... one just say prada the other say fila
    one cost 350 Bucks the other 50, yet people rather pay 200+ more dollars for the prada

this is what most companies do...cop them a plain shirt for 5-10 cents , put some designs on it and more importantly there logo and sell it for $50 ...aND now ya clown ass fill like somebody...

truth..i remember buyin a couple of polo shirts outta dillards i must of wore one of the shirts 3-4 times and the damn horse fell off
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    airafroman wrote: »
    trill ? posts...

woooooooooooooow!!!!
    both them ? ugly though.. but if that aint the same mu'thafuckin shoe!!!?!
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I bought a sick-ass Puma zip-up today at marshalls today for cheap as hell, and MPLS Lakers shirt. Its funny.
  • haywood jablowme
    haywood jablowme Members Posts: 271
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally i have too much money and i need to get rid of it.
    *shaq face*
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It only costs $5 to make a pair of Jordan's but they run $150 and up but a ? keep a pair on his feet
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ChillaT wrote: »
    Same reason why they want name brand food instead of off brand and a Benz in they driveway that costs more than they house to a certain degree and level we all live beyond our means

even though the crazy thing is with some name brand clothes they're usually made in the same factory as an off brand knockoff but people dont recognize that

My cousin used to work for Vlasic pickle she told me when pickles came off the assembly line for bottling some would go in a vlasic jar others in a generic brand jar but they were the same product ? were just paying more for the name