why do people insist on paying more for name brand clothes

Options

Comments

• j dot keyz
    j dot keyz Members Posts: 127
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Honestly homie...the clothes that are slightly more expensive looks better...better fabric...just overall better look.

^This, I spent years look for jeans with the right wash and never quite found what I was looking for, then one day I stumbled into Nordstom and saw some Rock & Republic jeans that were exactly what I was looking for. I dont mind spendin more money to get the look I want. Im not ballin so I wait for sales, and dont shop that often, but when I do shop, Im going to buy what the ? I want, I dont have any kids and dont plan to have any anytime soon.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    amazing seeing this lil high school ? buying a polo shirt for $125,and paid for it with a $300 macy's giftcard his mother gave him Xmas.

all i said to co worker and friend is that lil ? will only wear it 5 times the most and then hop on to the next fad.He should of
    waited for the ? to be 50% off within the next 2 months so he can get more for his money. smh
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    airafroman wrote: »
    trill ? posts...

the reason why nigggaz pay more is because they're ? ...point blank
    what's the difference between the prada & the fila...none... one just say prada the other say fila
    fila-helmsman-prada-america-cup.jpg
    one cost 350 Bucks the other 50, yet people rather pay 200+ more dollars for the prada

this is what most companies do...cop them a plain shirt for 5-10 cents , put some designs on it and more importantly there logo and sell it for $50 ...aND now ya clown ass fill like somebody...

i never got why people don't understand this ? ...when it comes to alot of "high end" brand names it really is just paying for the name on the product and not the actual quality
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1449225 wrote: »
    It only costs $5 to make a pair of Jordan's but they run $150 and up but a ? keep a pair on his feet

c/s. for a moment in my life i was kinda into being fly and paying good bread for name brand clothes. not no 250 for jeans.. thats ridic, but i would break bread. until i went to Korea. and a ? could get brand new authentic J's for $40, air ones all that ? for 25-35$. then i go back to the states and that got the same Jordans im rocking in foot locker for $150. went to marshalls the same coogi shirt i had at home i paid $10 for, was 90. i said ? that ? . if the korean man selling it to me for 50, this fool probably getting it for 10. and cats in the states paying 3 times what im paying. i havent been to a mall since that was 4 years ago . now man clothes is just clothes i buy what i like and dont give a damn about a brand.
  • JusDre313
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i feel like this if u have extra income and your bills are stable, then by all means do you. i think what the T/S was trying to say was cats that have little to no money, arent financially straight, and blow the lil $$ they do get on expensive ass ? they dont even need. i dont care what yall say we all know people that do it. my boy back home just blew a $4000 school grant on muthafucking jewelry, and a trip to MIA. and this ? dont have a crib or car. SMH
  • stay_chisled
    stay_chisled Members Posts: 2
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i was all on the name brand ? when i was a young cat - but now ? got bills & ? ... it becomes less serious. especially when you get alot of money - it becomes alot less important. i know millionaires who wear no brand name clothing whatsoever. it becomes less about appearing to have money ... because they really DO have money.
  • stay_chisled
    stay_chisled Members Posts: 2
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The worst is these cats in the club with Gucci and Prada on trying to be european. First of all, 99% of that ? is fake, second of all - the actual european millionaires who wear that ? look at ? and laugh. You're playing yourself if you wear that ? for real.
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna keep it real i like dudes who would wear somethin like this
  • puescobar85
    puescobar85 Members Posts: 121
    edited January 2010
    Options
    makes them feel "official" go tell a somolian kid that fubu is out of style
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yo Mike D how do you put up an avi pic?
  • puescobar85
    puescobar85 Members Posts: 121
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Yo Mike D how do you put up an avi pic?

went to settings and avatar
  • missjcapri
    missjcapri Members Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Maybe some ppl enjoy the finer things n life......
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    City Trends FTW
  • longbeach_turnt_up
    longbeach_turnt_up Members Posts: 101
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so u think white folks dont do this too? im tired of ppl sayin ? always doin this and not doin that like were the only ones with problems.....stop putting white folks on a pedestal cuz they walk around broke cuz of buyin dumb ? too they just hide the fact that they broke better.
  • young law
    edited January 2010
    Options
    oh no.
    white folks do this but not at the rate blacks do.

i have lived around and with white folks and they are quick to buy some new balances or skateboard shoes for 65 bucks and keep saving them dollas.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    paying for brand name clothes doesn't equal living paycheck to paycheck

it's called having budget and if you stick to it you can the things you like plus more
    what business do you know of that has name brand clothes in thier budget?? LOL smh at thinking the ups man is wearing brown sean john outfits

the bottom line is we wont ever own anything but our smaller possesions like clothes and furniture .... and yes ... you do live pay check to pay check ..... its not because of buying name brand clothes tho ..... that is true ....
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    i feel like this if u have extra income and your bills are stable, then by all means do you. i think what the T/S was trying to say was cats that have little to no money, arent financially straight, and blow the lil $$ they do get on expensive ass ? they dont even need. i dont care what yall say we all know people that do it. my boy back home just blew a $4000 school grant on muthafucking jewelry, and a trip to MIA. and this ? dont have a crib or car. SMH
    i think he's tryin to ask why do people buy name brand clothes when they are equal in quality to generic brands. the only thing your spending the extra money on is the name. i guess it could be argued that "name brand" clothes fit better and are more comfortable in some cases ???

btw ur boy lost for going on that trip LOL smh
  • JusDre313
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think he's tryin to ask why do people buy name brand clothes when they are equal in quality to generic brands. the only thing your spending the extra money on is the name. i guess it could be argued that "name brand" clothes fit better and are more comfortable in some cases ???

btw ur boy lost for going on that trip LOL smh

the trip?!??!? naw im tripping off the chain. like you rocking a mean ass chain and ? you on the bus.. and he too dumb to realize he got to pay that ish back... bye bye credit...? . maybe your rite bout the T/S, but thats what i got out his OP. but i do agree, your just spending on a name like my man thats dropped the pix of the filas and the pradas. same ish different names.
  • JusDre313
    edited January 2010
    Options
    trill ? posts...

what's the difference between the prada & the fila...none... one just say prada the other say fila
    one cost 350 Bucks the other 50, yet people rather pay 200+ more dollars for the prada

this is what most companies do...cop them a plain shirt for 5-10 cents , put some designs on it and more importantly there logo and sell it for $50 ...aND now ya clown ass fill like somebody...

preach my brother. ****MESSAGE****
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Y'all ? needa go listen to.."all falls down"..
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    trill ? posts...

nail in the coffin & you right people will sell they soul for them pradas
  • young law
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dayum,
    that fila/prada post is crazy.

that is the defintion of paying for the name
    1449225 Members Posts: 164
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    c/s. for a moment in my life i was kinda into being fly and paying good bread for name brand clothes. not no 250 for jeans.. thats ridic, but i would break bread. until i went to Korea. and a ? could get brand new authentic J's for $40, air ones all that ? for 25-35$. then i go back to the states and that got the same Jordans im rocking in foot locker for $150. went to marshalls the same coogi shirt i had at home i paid $10 for, was 90. i said ? that ? . if the korean man selling it to me for 50, this fool probably getting it for 10. and cats in the states paying 3 times what im paying]. i havent been to a mall since that was 4 years ago . now man clothes is just clothes i buy what i like and dont give a damn about a brand.

Pusan (Texas street)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Y'all ? needa go listen to.."all falls down"..

"they made us hate our self/and love they wealth"

that's the most true to form rap song I've heard in my life
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i was all on the name brand ? when i was a young cat - but now ? got bills & ? ... it becomes less serious. especially when you get alot of money - it becomes alot less important. i know millionaires who wear no brand name clothing whatsoever. it becomes less about appearing to have money ... because they really DO have money.

And when you in school you have to "keep up with the Jonses" once you graduate and you dont have to see the same people everyday you tend not to give a ?